Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 11 Jan 2011, 16:42 (Ref:2814290)   #126
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Dunne View Post
At least you'll go with a smile on your face compte!
And if my Grandmother is to be believed.........blind.
Old 11 Jan 2011, 16:42 (Ref:2814291)   #127
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
One of my favorite cards..........and in the same series two penguins on an ice flow looking at a shark fin going by and one saying "Looks like just chips again then?"
Old 11 Jan 2011, 17:48 (Ref:2814319)   #128
ALFA ALFA
Rookie

ALFA ALFA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For Delta and Midgetman - Ross Kaiser in the news:

http://www.grand-am.com/news/index.c...es=r&cid=40892

Story about last weekend testing at Daytona.
Old 11 Jan 2011, 19:07 (Ref:2814363)   #129
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks Alfa Alfa. Im very envious of him but also very very happy.Ross worked for me for some years when he left school.A very talented driver and a very very charming and polite young man. This is all he has ever wanted to do i hope the race goes well and he gets the recognition he deserves.
Old 11 Jan 2011, 19:09 (Ref:2814365)   #130
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
the diving shot reminds me of a rather god birthday my father got me once, 2 sharks following a diver, one says to the other, 'don't eat the yellow bit on the back, they make you fart'
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm please explain im in one of my thickie modesDont worry just got it!!!!
Old 11 Jan 2011, 19:10 (Ref:2814366)   #131
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm please explain im in one of my thickie modesDont worry just got it!!!!
forgotten your HRT tablets again
Old 12 Jan 2011, 07:36 (Ref:2814549)   #132
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
forgotten your HRT tablets again

Historic Racers Tranquiliser's?
Old 12 Jan 2011, 09:10 (Ref:2814573)   #133
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
THats the ones Terry, they work don't they
Old 12 Jan 2011, 09:31 (Ref:2814581)   #134
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
THats the ones Terry, they work don't they

Nice having the option of a glass or bottle Zef.
Old 12 Jan 2011, 09:51 (Ref:2814587)   #135
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just submitted my Masters Registration. It's £45.00 cheaper this year.

Hopefully I'll actually get out to play too.
Old 12 Jan 2011, 12:58 (Ref:2814663)   #136
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
I've just been for a drive in a rally prepared Tornado Talisman with one of my engines in, most enjoyable.

Coq au vin for lunch and then back to the grindstones!
Old 12 Jan 2011, 13:21 (Ref:2814674)   #137
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
I've just been for a drive in a rally prepared Tornado Talisman with one of my engines in, most enjoyable.

Coq au vin for lunch and then back to the grindstones!
Such Stamina! Coq au Vin for lunch then would be asleep on settee.....

Talisman- straight 6?
Old 12 Jan 2011, 13:38 (Ref:2814686)   #138
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
No, a 4 cylinder, surely. 1340cc Cosworth or 1500 Ford?
Old 12 Jan 2011, 15:26 (Ref:2814731)   #139
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
both actually . . . one FiA 1340 being prepared for HRDC and the rally one was 1500, most of earlier cars where 1340, which was homologated, all the later cars where 1500 I think
Old 12 Jan 2011, 15:59 (Ref:2814748)   #140
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
No, a 4 cylinder, surely. 1340cc Cosworth or 1500 Ford?
Apologies- was thinking of Sabre, and Coq au Vin
Old 12 Jan 2011, 17:33 (Ref:2814802)   #141
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
CoV was delicious (left overs as well)

sabre had a 4 or a 6 pot ?
Old 12 Jan 2011, 17:39 (Ref:2814805)   #142
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
CoV was delicious (left overs as well)

sabre had a 4 or a 6 pot ?
afaik straight 6, 2.5 Ford- but JT will correct me if necessary

Glad you enjoyed CoV. My tuna roll was also good
Old 12 Jan 2011, 17:51 (Ref:2814809)   #143
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sabre 4 - 1703 cc Consul engine, Sabre Six - 2553cc Zephyr/Zodiac. Both usually tweaked a bit of course - well now, anyway.
Old 12 Jan 2011, 17:58 (Ref:2814816)   #144
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Me and Mart had the usuall Delta soup with toast. Have top say getting a bit fed up with that .we are back to doing silly hours again seems a long time before i can get home too Mrs Delta super.
Old 12 Jan 2011, 18:12 (Ref:2814821)   #145
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Me and Mart had the usuall Delta soup with toast. Have top say getting a bit fed up with that.
What's wrong with Pot Noodle?
Old 12 Jan 2011, 18:18 (Ref:2814823)   #146
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Tesco's on the way home.Good call Mike.Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm think i might have some in the truck red box.Do they go out of date.
Old 12 Jan 2011, 18:56 (Ref:2814853)   #147
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can recommend the "Bombay Bad Boy" flavour!
Old 12 Jan 2011, 19:15 (Ref:2814872)   #148
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Morgan View Post
I can recommend the "Bombay Bad Boy" flavour!
How convenient are the 'facilities' at Delta HQ? I am told that Pot Noodles are actually very nutricious and healthy. Think it was Unilever that told me......

Out of date? The christmas pud just finished was 2009, my porridge milk this morning was 4 days over and fine. Sour Cream isn't sour until well past, and as for cheese.....
Old 12 Jan 2011, 19:18 (Ref:2814875)   #149
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Its nuclear matter, it can't go out of date!

you could knock up a bowl of pasta and pesto as quickly, much tastier, my usual for a Wed as I have band rehearsals at 8.

Q: does anyone know how to use a cylinder boring machine? I've got a Buma prehistoric one which appears in excellent condition and its got all its bits ( I think) I just have no idea how to use it . . . . If its rubbish I'll get rid, but seems a shame to not even try.
Old 12 Jan 2011, 19:40 (Ref:2814896)   #150
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
{McEnroe mode on}You Cannot Be Serious! {McEnroe mode off}

Can't stand them......