Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 18 Oct 2004, 19:55 (Ref:1127651)   #126
Elio
Veteran

Elio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Certainly the best ff site around, however not that much competition I guess.

Unfortunately Autosport and Motorsport News are a sorry shadow of their former selves. I jokingly told Joey on Sunday night he`d be on the front cover of MN this week - ironically a few years ago it would`nt have been construed as a joke! (`spose he might make a postage-stamp-sized pic in the corner).
Old 18 Oct 2004, 20:00 (Ref:1127655)   #127
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Postage stamp? He'll be lucky.
Old 18 Oct 2004, 20:37 (Ref:1127700)   #128
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Elio
That said I can see where foxy mole is coming from with the "information overload" bit. If you`re more of a casual follower of formula ford you would find a lot of the reports a bit too in-depth. I`m probably as big an anorak as you can get but even I began to struggle on some. MSVs more concise reports are a very good feature of their very good site. (I don`t know if there is some monetary deal going on there or whether they are literally doing these round-ups off their own back but I see nothing similar on other circuits` websites......)
Phew! A little support at last! Just to make my position clear, I wasn't saying that there was anything wrong with the FF1600 site as such, just that it provided more information than I needed.

If you guys want all that stuff, then absolutely fine, I have no problem with that at all. But a contrary opinion is not (yet) a hanging offence!

I think the MSV reports are very good. I believe they are written by ex-Autosport man and they are exactly right for the average punter (me in this particular case).

But sorry, diz, I shall go the FF1600 site when the WHT weekend is on, because I know that will be best source available. Okay?
Old 18 Oct 2004, 21:24 (Ref:1127742)   #129
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
diz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by foxy mole
But sorry, diz, I shall go the FF1600 site when the WHT weekend is on, because I know that will be best source available. Okay?
OK foxy, but your best bet would be to go to the WHT and read all about it later.
Old 18 Oct 2004, 21:38 (Ref:1127756)   #130
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
to go against the dempsey bias, i think you do get biased when you see someone drive that well. defending is one thing (joey's v. good at that ), attacking is another, and peter going for the win in a last corner do or die move has increased my opinion of him no end. you've got to admire someone who isn't interested in anything but winning.

when did we last see that sort of enthusiasm/dogged determination in 1800s? (that's actually a proper question, rather than a saracastic side remark)
Old 18 Oct 2004, 21:51 (Ref:1127774)   #131
Elio
Veteran

Elio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I haven`t seen "the move" but from what I can gather if it had have "worked" it would not have been accomplished without contact. That does not enhance MY opinion of a driver. Such a move would indeed serve to do the opposite to their reputation in my opinion. I certainly didn`t think as much of Michael Edgar after the second lap of Joey`s semi as I did before the start.

As for similar levels of Dempsey-esque determination in zetec I would`ve thought the answer was obvious - Dan Clarke - no need to look too far.........
Old 18 Oct 2004, 22:57 (Ref:1127841)   #132
JohnMiller
Veteran

JohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Elio
Funny `cos I came away from Brands on Sunday night thinking I had seen Foster drive an almost faultless race, covering Dempsey`s every move, so much so that the young Irishman threw away an assured second with a somewhat do-or-die move at Clearways on the last lap (which could`ve taken both drivers out). Funny that. Still it may just be me - I`m a Joey Foster fan and believe that the guy who deserved it the most got the win.
I saw most of the second semi and Joey Foster was superb, lap down or not (I've no idea). Super committed in the damp at Paddock and gaining loads on everyone.

It's nice to see a regular ten-tenths poster win too.
Old 19 Oct 2004, 05:26 (Ref:1127945)   #133
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
havent had the chance to get on 10 10ths since the festival ....But wanted to say Congratulations to Dan Clarke !

Great driving all weekend ....He looked really Hungry to win , ....he drove brilliantly all weekend ...

TOP STUFF! .

Ive always thought Dan is one of these drivers who once he wins something major ( and i still think the festival is pretty major even if others dont ) it will be the kickstart to really good things for him ..

I really hope so ...great drive !...Well Done

Really enjoyed a great 3 days up at Brands ....And the best guy won too .

mmmm...now im tempted to go to Silverstone for the Kents too ..;P

Last edited by Sato san; 19 Oct 2004 at 05:30.
Old 19 Oct 2004, 07:57 (Ref:1128008)   #134
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm tempted aswell, only thing being Silverstone is 130 miles away, plus it's my birthday that weekend, and my girlfriend is expecting me to do something with her. Don't think standing in the cold at Silverstone is what she had in mind...
Old 19 Oct 2004, 11:19 (Ref:1128138)   #135
Redracer77
Veteran

Redracer77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
as the owner and starter of www.clubff1600.co.uk I thank you all for your reviews of the site. The site has only been around for 8 months and will be redesigned in a much neater package for next season. In some ways we can't win. We developed the site off the back of Autosport's very poor coverage of club racing. Ian Sowman and Matt Beer do a fantastic job week in week out for the site for NO payment at all. The site has as much information as you could need for a racer, sponsor or just supporter but you now say that there is too much information!!! If there is too much info just read the bits you want to read!!! Beats searching round for other results or info or waiting for MSTs server to work

Clubff1600 needs to raise money to continue next year so lets hope people can support it and we can continue.

Regards

Redracer77
Old 19 Oct 2004, 11:59 (Ref:1128170)   #136
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
Quote:
Originally posted by Redracer77
Clubff1600 needs to raise money to continue next year so lets hope people can support it and we can continue.
Chris,
I left you a voicemail yesterday. I have two sources of new income for you. Please ring me.
Old 19 Oct 2004, 13:18 (Ref:1128286)   #137
Redracer77
Veteran

Redracer77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In Dubai Diz can't listen to my voice mails. Email or PM is better

CH
Old 19 Oct 2004, 13:23 (Ref:1128295)   #138
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
OK. It can wait. Give me a bell on your return to sunny UK.
Old 19 Oct 2004, 20:20 (Ref:1128728)   #139
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by MikeHoyer
I'm tempted aswell, only thing being Silverstone is 130 miles
Thats strange ...its 130 miles from me too ...Im in Kent , but it works out the about the same ....Had a word with Mrs Sato san last night , and she said she didnt mind standing in the cold at Silverstone ...as long as it wasnt all day solid..

of course not i said !.

Last edited by Sato san; 19 Oct 2004 at 20:23.
Old 19 Oct 2004, 21:22 (Ref:1128780)   #140
Triple J Motorsport
Veteran

England
Burgess Hill W Sussex
Triple J Motorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by bella
to go against the dempsey bias, i think you do get biased when you see someone drive that well. defending is one thing (joey's v. good at that ), attacking is another, and peter going for the win in a last corner do or die move has increased my opinion of him no end. you've got to admire someone who isn't interested in anything but winning.

when did we last see that sort of enthusiasm/dogged determination in 1800s? (that's actually a proper question, rather than a saracastic side remark)
It would be the wet as if you drive a zetec that sideways you'd stop!

3rd 2009 & 2012 FFZetec festival final
Old 19 Oct 2004, 22:27 (Ref:1128868)   #141
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Sato san
Thats strange ...its 130 miles from me too ...Im in Kent , but it works out the about the same ....Had a word with Mrs Sato san last night , and she said she didnt mind standing in the cold at Silverstone ...as long as it wasnt all day solid..

of course not i said !.
Yeah, I say that to my girlfriend aswell...