Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 5 Jun 2016, 19:16 (Ref:3647481)   #126
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Does anyone know anything about the Ford GT trap speeds? In the official timing data from alkamel, all of the Fords bar the 69 car are missing. There were 4 of them, extremely unusual.
In the morning session, 1 Ford, the 69 car is listed as having hit 273km/h which is 25km/h down on the rest of the field. In the second session, the 69 Ford is listed having gone 296km/h. But no other Fords listed (66,67,68) for either session.

Seems like maybe the equipment having trouble picking up the Fords? Or massive sandbagging?
Old 5 Jun 2016, 19:56 (Ref:3647496)   #127
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Must be something wrong. There's no top speed, but there's lap time data. Maybe the transponder was having issues.
Old 5 Jun 2016, 20:00 (Ref:3647498)   #128
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Of course the Fords are sand bagging. For all 4 cars to be about a tenth off each other either means they have the most consistent driving line up across 12 drivers in the history of the world, combined with the worlds most sorted car....or they were running to a delta.

There's a bigger gap between the drivers than a tenth, never mind how the cars are running.
Old 5 Jun 2016, 20:27 (Ref:3647506)   #129
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Fabulous.....
Old 5 Jun 2016, 20:28 (Ref:3647508)   #130
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Of course the Fords are sand bagging. For all 4 cars to be about a tenth off each other either means they have the most consistent driving line up across 12 drivers in the history of the world, combined with the worlds most sorted car....or they were running to a delta.

There's a bigger gap between the drivers than a tenth, never mind how the cars are running.
I've been saying it all along.
Old 5 Jun 2016, 20:33 (Ref:3647512)   #131
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Fabulous.....
I don't like the sound of children in the background. It means they are at a place deemed to dangerous for spectators to be, so they shouldn't either.
(but awesome sound, none the less)
Old 6 Jun 2016, 07:31 (Ref:3647597)   #132
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontlieue View Post
According to endurance-info liveticker:

-Big crash for #49 Shank Racing
-Driver Ozz Negri uninjured
-Guardrail damaged, session won't be resumed.
Great news re Negri but do we know about the car?
Old 6 Jun 2016, 07:43 (Ref:3647599)   #133
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Great news re Negri but do we know about the car?
Team tweeting that it's being repaired today and will get a brief shakedown on the Bugatti circuit tomorrow morning.
Old 6 Jun 2016, 07:49 (Ref:3647602)   #134
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Team tweeting that it's being repaired today and will get a brief shakedown on the Bugatti circuit tomorrow morning.
Excellent thanks for that Victor
Old 6 Jun 2016, 08:36 (Ref:3647618)   #135
Artur
Veteran

Artur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
You gathered all that from a test day? Toyota are slower in the speed trap, but faster in sector 2. Only Porsche had one flyer that had a better sector 2. On top of that, it's a brand new package that still isn't finalized. Doubtful that anyone was trying for a fast time so we don't know who is where. There's still many sessions before qualifying even, so hold off on your judgement.
I don't know why you and Spyderman are claiming that Toyota was faster on S2, I guess the official pdf is wrong?
http://fiawec.alkamelsystems.com/Res...ial%20Test.PDF

Well, you are entittled to see the glass half full.
Old 6 Jun 2016, 09:06 (Ref:3647626)   #136
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artur View Post
I don't know why you and Spyderman are claiming that Toyota was faster on S2, I guess the official pdf is wrong?

Look at the average in S2 for all laps under 3:25.0
One lap data tells you very little, especially as the pole time will be far below what we saw today.
Old 6 Jun 2016, 09:52 (Ref:3647633)   #137
tomazy
Rookie

tomazy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why would we just look at laps faster than 3:25?
Porshe has 19 S2 times faster than 1:18.0, Audi has 12 (only 1 from #7 wich did not run much in afternoon seson) and Toyota has 12. So I would say that they are abouth equal in S2, but Toyota has a problem in S1 ans S3 compared to the other two.

But it is only testing, we will see in a couple of weeks.
Old 6 Jun 2016, 09:57 (Ref:3647636)   #138
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomazy View Post
Why would we just look at laps faster than 3:25?
Porshe has 19 S2 times faster than 1:18.0, Audi has 12 (only 1 from #7 wich did not run much in afternoon seson) and Toyota has 12. So I would say that they are abouth equal in S2, but Toyota has a problem in S1 ans S3 compared to the other two.

But it is only testing, we will see in a couple of weeks.
You can look at laps faster than 3:30 if you like. The idea is to eliminate laps that are under yellow, or slower laps due to issues and traffic that distort the "real" image.
Agreed , that S1 and S3 are Toyota's problem.
Old 6 Jun 2016, 12:31 (Ref:3647658)   #139
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm now sat back at my desk at work after our whistlestop trip to the Test Day.

The worst part of the whole journey was this morning's hop from Kent to Hampshire as the M25 was shut due to a crash.

We successfully met up with Pascal and Eric in the morning, and bumped into Walter and Ton in the Village shortly afterwards.

There was a bit of extra security at the main entrance involving a man with a metal-defector wand and a bag check.

It's been several year since we've been to the test day so I was impressed by the size of the crowd, most of the stands were full and a good number of people at all the usual viewing points.
Old 6 Jun 2016, 12:42 (Ref:3647663)   #140
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Glad you had a good time Guy, the test day is different to the main event but much easier to get around and see things, well this time next week i will be packing things up ready for my lift to arrive in the early hours
Old 6 Jun 2016, 14:22 (Ref:3647682)   #141
tomazy
Rookie

tomazy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How are we with the calculation of stint lenghts? Both Porsche and Toyota did 14 lap stints in testing, but Audis longest stint was 13 laps. Is this belived to be the norm for the race?
Old 6 Jun 2016, 15:12 (Ref:3647688)   #142
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porman View Post
Hello all.
Is anyone else having problems with the WEC's app crashing?
Sorry, was at the circuit - if I'd known people on here were having problems I would have recommended my App - it's Android only but was working at the circuit or as others have mentioned you can go to the WEC Live website.
Old 6 Jun 2016, 15:13 (Ref:3647689)   #143
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomazy View Post
How are we with the calculation of stint lenghts? Both Porsche and Toyota did 14 lap stints in testing, but Audis longest stint was 13 laps. Is this belived to be the norm for the race?
I think someone managed a 15 lap stint but there was a slow period - so cars were in fuel conservation mode, etc.. They think the stints are going to be the same as last year as they have less fuel available and also have to keep 1.5 litres in the fuel tank at all times - according to the chat on RLM during the practice sessions.
Old 6 Jun 2016, 15:19 (Ref:3647695)   #144
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
I'm now sat back at my desk at work after our whistlestop trip to the Test Day.

The worst part of the whole journey was this morning's hop from Kent to Hampshire as the M25 was shut due to a crash.

We successfully met up with Pascal and Eric in the morning, and bumped into Walter and Ton in the Village shortly afterwards.

There was a bit of extra security at the main entrance involving a man with a metal-defector wand and a bag check.

It's been several year since we've been to the test day so I was impressed by the size of the crowd, most of the stands were full and a good number of people at all the usual viewing points.
Truck deserves a medal for being back at work so promptly, especially after his dalliance with Afflegem on Saturday and then potting the black in a game of Pool with some Michelin fellows who were staying in the same hotel as we were.
Old 6 Jun 2016, 19:39 (Ref:3647780)   #145
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saY4_MKT25c
Old 6 Jun 2016, 19:52 (Ref:3647782)   #146
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
great sounds roll on next week
Old 6 Jun 2016, 20:03 (Ref:3647785)   #147
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artur View Post

When I made my claim (early in the morning session) it was true. And even at the end of the morning session, only Porsche had a better s2.
Old 6 Jun 2016, 20:30 (Ref:3647793)   #148
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Must be something wrong. There's no top speed, but there's lap time data. Maybe the transponder was having issues.
Yep DSC confirms transponder issues on all the Fords - http://www.dailysportscar.com/2016/0...sc-editor.html
Old 6 Jun 2016, 20:36 (Ref:3647796)   #149
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Yep DSC confirms transponder issues on all the Fords - http://www.dailysportscar.com/2016/0...sc-editor.html
Thats very convenient
Old 6 Jun 2016, 21:21 (Ref:3647807)   #150
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by porman View Post
Hello all.
Is anyone else having problems with the WEC's app crashing?
It is fixed now. Not sure when they fixed it. Hopefully it will be stable during the race weekend.