Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 29 Aug 2013, 11:14 (Ref:3295649)   #126
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Perhaps we could do Cake, every country has its own favourites and they will be easier to keep, we were lucky that a friend had a fridge because the stilton was getting a little warm by the time we arrived on Wednesday. cake also goes well with wine.
Cake's a great idea. Lots you can do with that....
Old 29 Aug 2013, 13:03 (Ref:3295695)   #127
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
It came to my attention after Le Mans raceweek that you had asked my friend Matthew if the Stilton could reside in my fridge and that he said no. He had been handing out fridge space to other people before and I firmly told him I was not very happy with that, and at least he did listen to me. Too bad it was your Stilton that became the victim of this. If I had been present at the moment that you came by to ask if it could be possible to keep the cheese in my fridge, you would have gotten a positive answer.

So what I was trying to say is: sorry! Next year any Stilton can be chilled in my facilities
As it happened Helen had already sorted something out, with the noisy mob with the disco and dancing platform, so the stilton survived, as did our cool box which was already beginning to suffer. Thanks anyway Vince I understand totally perhaps next year I might bring some stilton for your mate perhaps i could leave it in his sleeping bag Only joking it is much better to eat stilton than smell it. See you all next year if not before should be in Spa for the classic 6 hours in three weeks
Old 29 Aug 2013, 23:31 (Ref:3295942)   #128
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
As it happened Helen had already sorted something out, with the noisy mob with the disco and dancing platform, so the stilton survived, as did our cool box which was already beginning to suffer. Thanks anyway Vince I understand totally perhaps next year I might bring some stilton for your mate perhaps i could leave it in his sleeping bag Only joking it is much better to eat stilton than smell it. See you all next year if not before should be in Spa for the classic 6 hours in three weeks
That Stilton was one of my eating highlights of this years Le Mans. What a fantastically rich taste ! As a dutchman, I love cheese and I have to say, this was easilly one of the best bleu cheeses I ever had the pleasure of tasting. So if you'd be able bring us some for 2014(and provide us with the how and what's as to preserve it) I'd be most happy to pay for the trouble of you bringing it with you.
Old 29 Aug 2013, 23:37 (Ref:3295945)   #129
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Ofcourse we'll be attending 2014. The fact that Porsche will enter in the top class means that our group will be at least 25% bigger then this year.
I'll start ordering tickets as soon as the beginning of Oktober and I assume we'll be covering a very sizable part of Houx annexe campsite.
If all goes to plan, I'll be able to bring the old GTfour in black livery to support my japanese marque.
Old 30 Aug 2013, 06:57 (Ref:3296033)   #130
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
We have plenty of fridge space if anyone needs it for Stilton - payment may be a strange reduction in the size of the slab!
Old 30 Aug 2013, 08:30 (Ref:3296056)   #131
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
The only problem with that is that once you break the seal on the plastic film the smell starts to get worse so if you helped yourself on wednesday or thursday the effects on your campsite by saturday morning might make the UN consider military action.
Old 30 Aug 2013, 12:33 (Ref:3296147)   #132
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
The only problem with that is that once you break the seal on the plastic film the smell starts to get worse so if you helped yourself on wednesday or thursday the effects on your campsite by saturday morning might make the UN consider military action.
Dont worry - after a 20 years of rillette, pate, Cambenbert, Brie, Roquefort and various other things mixed in if they havent spotted us yet - they are unlikely to
Old 30 Aug 2013, 14:54 (Ref:3296197)   #133
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
Dont worry - after a 20 years of rillette, pate, Cambenbert, Brie, Roquefort and various other things mixed in if they havent spotted us yet - they are unlikely to
That explains why hardened MB campers have been trying to get on TR recently.

Must admit to having most of those this year although usually give brie a miss, camenbert cooked in its wooden box on/in the BBQ is great, wait till it gets very runny the dip your bread in it. Fondue in the campsite very 70's
Old 30 Aug 2013, 16:43 (Ref:3296244)   #134
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Your Stilton comes in plastic? Now that's heresy - more or less a guarantee that it'll get all sweaty and perturbed. Wrap it securely in greaseproof paper and you won't have any bother at all.
Old 30 Aug 2013, 19:41 (Ref:3296315)   #135
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Must admit to having most of those this year although usually give brie a miss, camenbert cooked in its wooden box on/in the BBQ is great, wait till it gets very runny the dip your bread in it. Fondue in the campsite very 70's
this is UTTER filth
Old 30 Aug 2013, 20:13 (Ref:3296323)   #136
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
this is UTTER filth
As you can probably tell Simon's site in TR is practically like the set of Abigail's Party.

Nice bit of Demis Roussos on the Friday night sets things up nicely.
Old 30 Aug 2013, 21:03 (Ref:3296339)   #137
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
As you can probably tell Simon's site in TR is practically like the set of Abigail's Party.

Lovely!
Old 30 Aug 2013, 21:16 (Ref:3296349)   #138
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I missed this this year. Will make sure to see and hear it next year!
Old 30 Aug 2013, 21:49 (Ref:3296365)   #139
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
Try the "Epoisses" ............
Old 30 Aug 2013, 23:13 (Ref:3296394)   #140
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Eric! What exactly was your 'pate de canard' (or similar) that you served during the 10/10 meet and where did you buy it? Did you buy it at a shop in Le Mans/Arnage/near by? Please tell me because I'll be spending two weeks in La Sarthe next year and I surely need some of that on my toast/slices of baguette during the evenings while sipping some quality beer/wine
Old 31 Aug 2013, 09:53 (Ref:3296493)   #141
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Eric! What exactly was your 'pate de canard' (or similar) that you served during the 10/10 meet and where did you buy it? Did you buy it at a shop in Le Mans/Arnage/near by? Please tell me because I'll be spending two weeks in La Sarthe next year and I surely need some of that on my toast/slices of baguette during the evenings while sipping some quality beer/wine
It was not mine. Pascal had brought it.
Old 31 Aug 2013, 10:47 (Ref:3296501)   #142
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:

Now come on Ian the radio just played what RLM was putting out at the time, and as you two camped with us this year what part's of that classic film were you playing.

Oh and one portion of stilton was wrapped in crease proof paper then plastic the other was in shrink wrap only, purchased from waitrose on the tuesday afternoon thought it would last better than a fresh lump from the cheese counter, and it did quite well
Old 31 Aug 2013, 22:48 (Ref:3296881)   #143
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile View Post
Try the "Epoisses" ............
Magnificent french cheese. Talk about a runny cheese ! This is normally held in a smal bowl or it'll run of your plate...

I once bought some to bring home to Holland but ofcourse all of us in the car did not want it inside the vehicle. I ended up wrapping it up in a plastic bag which I ducttaped to the towinghook !
Old 31 Aug 2013, 23:10 (Ref:3296887)   #144
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour View Post
Magnificent french cheese. Talk about a runny cheese ! This is normally held in a smal bowl or it'll run of your plate...

I once bought some to bring home to Holland but ofcourse all of us in the car did not want it inside the vehicle. I ended up wrapping it up in a plastic bag which I ducttaped to the towinghook !
Reminds me of 2007 when I was working in Belgium and brought some fine cheeses back for a weekend in the UK on a canal boat. By the time it had driven back to the UK during a hot August from Mons through to near Bath, and then lived in the boat through the evening, I was more or less forced to keep it all on the roof by my fellow barge dwellers...

Some people don't know a good thing when they come across it.
Old 1 Sep 2013, 00:28 (Ref:3296914)   #145
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour View Post
I ended up wrapping it up in a plastic bag which I ducttaped to the towinghook !
Ah Ducttape (or Ducktape: http://www.octanecreative.com/ducttape/duckvsduct.html)
together with tyraps my nr. 1 on the 'tools I have to take with me' list

Must have been one hell of a sight: a Toyota GTFour with a Chemical Bomb Assad whould have been jealous off on its end.
Old 11 Sep 2013, 19:30 (Ref:3302299)   #146
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
Quote:

Some people don't know a good thing when they come across it.
Haaahahaa
Old 11 Sep 2013, 19:34 (Ref:3302304)   #147
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
Quote:
Ah Ducttape (or Ducktape: http://www.octanecreative.com/ducttape/duckvsduct.html)
together with tyraps my nr. 1 on the 'tools I have to take with me' list

Must have been one hell of a sight: a Toyota GTFour with a Chemical Bomb Assad whould have been jealous off on its end.
Not the GTfour I'm afraid, but a Land Rover Discovery. Luckely, it wasn't in the right mids of the summertime anymore....

I go allong with you on the ducttape and tywraps though. I'd add WD40 to finish it being the ultimate techheads survival kit.
Old 17 Sep 2013, 09:48 (Ref:3305109)   #148
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

After all that wine I imagine it's more like Weekend At Bernie's.
Old 18 Sep 2013, 10:57 (Ref:3305687)   #149
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
ticket order placed at Nadine's for the first time as I have always booked directly through the ACO since 1991. let's wait and see...
Old 18 Sep 2013, 11:01 (Ref:3305691)   #150
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
It's about time I will do the same! Thx for the reminder!