Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 6 Aug 2008, 08:09 (Ref:2264301)   #126
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest, Hungary, Europe
bio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Track length? It's kinda hard to say anything without knowing how long it is.
Old 6 Aug 2008, 08:15 (Ref:2264305)   #127
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
without trying to steal TW's thunder, I think 4-4.5km would look about right.
Old 6 Aug 2008, 13:12 (Ref:2264475)   #128
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Is anyone else slightly reminded of Mont Tremblant with this one?
Old 6 Aug 2008, 13:16 (Ref:2264476)   #129
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There was something in my mind about a hint of Zandvoort, though now you mention Mount Treblant...that is there too.
Old 7 Aug 2008, 03:33 (Ref:2264884)   #130
TilkeWannabe
Veteran

Australia
Geraldton, W.A. or Beached is bro!
TilkeWannabe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The last part looks Zandvoort-ish. I completely forgot to add a length for it, thx for reminding me to do so. Thx for the comments BTW. Edit it if you want. But is it good for a completely lacking-in-detail track/doodle?

EDIT: I totally agree with SBF's track length.

EDIT 2: The idea of that doodle was to work out if school computers can upload anything because last wkend, I was unable to do so (not the first time I've mentioned it). That's why my thread has been as quiet as a ghost town of late. Also, I've been busy making detailed versions of all the tracks I'm going to post in the future.

Last edited by TilkeWannabe; 7 Aug 2008 at 03:40.
Old 26 Aug 2008, 02:21 (Ref:2275322)   #131
TilkeWannabe
Veteran

Australia
Hopefully on Saturday, I'll be able to post my modern, sensible remake/edit of the original 12km Linas-Montlhery track outside of Paris.

Not exactly the most exciting news but I'm looking forward to what you think when I show it off.
Old 26 Aug 2008, 07:45 (Ref:2275389)   #132
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Old 30 Aug 2008, 08:53 (Ref:2277930)   #133
TilkeWannabe
Veteran

Australia
Here it is. Just finished this arvo, my edit of the original Linas-Montlhery track near Paris, hand-drawn and not traced from some picture of the track.

Obviously, this is mere fantasy but I believe I did it good by doing it the way I did. I'm unsure of the overall length of the track but IMO it doesn't really matter. Edit if you feel something needs to be changed. Enjoy.
Attached Thumbnails
Linas-Montlhery.jpg  
Old 30 Aug 2008, 11:07 (Ref:2277999)   #134
shambles
Veteran

England
Soton, UK
shambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridshambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like it but it would be very long still, and if I recall correctly the big curve on the right is very heavily banked. It might be nice to keep that that way for heritage purposes, we must never disregard heritage.

It'd be interesting, given the lack of a decent circuit in France to do a project aimed at bringing Montlhery upto F1 standards. I'll give it a shot.
Old 31 Aug 2008, 03:59 (Ref:2278484)   #135
Alwaysfirst
Veteran

United Kingdom
The rural idyl.
Alwaysfirst should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The main problem with Montlhery is its length. If i remember correctly the full old track is over 7.5 miles. Way too long for a modern F1 track. Enduros maybe, but not F1.

RIP Marco Simoncelli, 1987-2011. 2008 250cc champion
Old 31 Aug 2008, 04:13 (Ref:2278487)   #136
TilkeWannabe
Veteran

Australia
@Shambles: The long last corner is, or was heavily-banked and it would be a good idea to keep it for heritage purposes. I guess now, if Montlhery were to be brought up to F1 standards, the real Tilke would carve it up and it would have chicanes down the dual-carriageway part and other unlikeable parts.

@Alwaysfirst: I did consider it's original length, but if it were to be brought back to life, I personally wouldn't suggest F1 cars race on it. LMS and FIA GT cars only . Also in my original drawing, I had a shorter circuit which was on the right-hand side of the track, using the pitlane. Just where the main straight kinks to the right was a corner that joined up to the second of the parallel straights. That way, smaller categories such as F3, WSR, EuroF3000 etc could use the short circuit.

@everyone else: It is just mere fantasy, but you can edit it if you wanna.

Last edited by TilkeWannabe; 31 Aug 2008 at 04:15.
Old 31 Aug 2008, 08:58 (Ref:2278557)   #137
TilkeWannabe
Veteran

Australia
I want to put another one on now so here it is, Sapporo Endurance Track.

When I looked at the track, I thought it would be a good idea to have it in Japan, away from the more commonly known islands. The track is anti-clockwise, 16 turns (loooong circuit) and it's a whopping 8.645kms!

But there is more to this track than the endurance side of things, it can host a number of national (All-Japan F3, SUPER GT, FNippon) and international events (FIA GT, WTCC, Asian FBMW, etc), mainly Asian-based cateories on it's shorter circuits.

This is not the original version and has been revised heavily but I wanted this version to go through the scrutiny of the judges (you) without many criticisms. There are some bits missing like gravel traps and some of the gravel traps I haven't made gif enough and currently I can't colour it in because I'm being pressured to get off the precious, so that can be changed. Apart from that, it's all good. Enjoy.
Old 31 Aug 2008, 09:18 (Ref:2278568)   #138
TilkeWannabe
Veteran

Australia
Double post because my FAILURE of a computer was too SLOW in doing what it was meant to do. Sorry it's not coloured in. Enjoy now.
Attached Thumbnails
Sapporo Endurance Track.jpg  
Old 1 Sep 2008, 09:14 (Ref:2279227)   #139
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
About Montlery: When you creat a pit where the brown part is, then the left-part of the circuit would be a decent F1-track. There is enough opportunity to create a shortcut between the 2 straights. That way you can keep the banking on the right part of the track, without having to worry about 6-car F1-races.

About Sapporro: I like the amount of different options, you won't be bored there quikly. I think you need to create some more room for the paddock. The hairpin that sticks into the paddock can easily be replaced a bit.
Old 2 Sep 2008, 01:22 (Ref:2279841)   #140
TilkeWannabe
Veteran

Australia
That was one of the main niggling problems with it. Because that's where the pit lane was originally, I wanted to keep it there, so I had to change the track quite a bit by changing corners completely, getting rid of parts of the straights that come back towards the pit/paddock area. The flow of the loooong track can be improved by making that hairpin into a proper corner.

Good ideas for Montlhery, I never would've thought of that.
Old 3 Sep 2008, 05:36 (Ref:2280583)   #141
TilkeWannabe
Veteran

Australia
I feel ignored, but take your time. (not sarcasm)
Old 3 Sep 2008, 10:14 (Ref:2280694)   #142
shambles
Veteran

England
Soton, UK
shambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridshambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You feel ignored because you're an ignoramous.
Old 3 Sep 2008, 13:00 (Ref:2280808)   #143
bio
Veteran

Hungary
TW,
I'm not sure forced opinions are what would really make you happy...
Old 4 Sep 2008, 01:31 (Ref:2281306)   #144
TilkeWannabe
Veteran

Australia
That's harsh sham, but I deserved that.

You're right. I feel bad now. Something tells me I shouldn't have said that. Why did I say that in the 1st place!?!? (plz don't tell me why)

Sorry guys.
Old 4 Sep 2008, 01:36 (Ref:2281309)   #145
shambles
Veteran

England
Soton, UK
Lighten up.
Old 4 Sep 2008, 01:50 (Ref:2281312)   #146
TilkeWannabe
Veteran

Australia
You're right. My saying things that I shouldn't be saying.
Old 6 Sep 2008, 08:00 (Ref:2282698)   #147
TilkeWannabe
Veteran

Australia
Well then, those last 2 went down rather well, so I'll move on to the next in my collection. This one I call San Sebastian International Raceway. As always, comment on what you think. Enjoy.
Attached Thumbnails
San Sebastian.jpg  
Old 6 Sep 2008, 10:43 (Ref:2282763)   #148
bio
Veteran

Hungary
What's the track length?

I like the general shape quite a lot. Seems a rather fast pace track that still presents challenges and that's good.

The only thing it seems to lack is overtaking apots - there seems to be one genuine, at the end of the S/F straight.

Well, unless it's a really looooong track - and that's, for example, why I'd need track length.
Old 6 Sep 2008, 13:53 (Ref:2282848)   #149
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
It's a nice shape, but that doubling back on itself twice at the Eastern side suggests that it's going to have to be fairly long. In which case the chicane at the top, and possibly the exit of the doubling back section.
Old 7 Sep 2008, 05:57 (Ref:2283161)   #150
TilkeWannabe
Veteran

Australia
Sorry about the missing track length. I must've accidentally cut it out trying to get the picture to the right size. It's 5 kms exactly. Keep those comments comin'.