Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Old 8 Oct 2008, 21:32 (Ref:2307103)   #126
bdwoody
Veteran

United Kingdom
redbridge southampton
bdwoody should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
indeed that is fantastic news that andy is heading in the right direction in his recovery.keep your spirts high sara and sarah-jane i'm sure this is doing him the power of good .thanks again for the updates on andy at this trying time,i was the meeting and have been thinking of andy and his family since then.all the best from woody and all at xsport racing #61.
Old 8 Oct 2008, 22:04 (Ref:2307128)   #127
danny87
Rookie

danny87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So happy that Andy is recovering well, and making progress, can't imagine what you are all going through, you have just got to stay strong for each other. Its nice to be kept updated on his progress, wish Andy and his family all the best in this tough time.

Dan.
Old 8 Oct 2008, 22:07 (Ref:2307131)   #128
Oscar114
Racer

United Kingdom
Widnes
Oscar114 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great to hear of Andy's progress. Keep checking the forum for information.

Keep strong and the time will come were Andy will be home.

Our thoughts and prayers continue for you all at this trying time.

Dave Green
Old 8 Oct 2008, 22:33 (Ref:2307146)   #129
Urgentemente
Racer

United Kingdom
Liverpool,UK
Urgentemente should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wonderful to read about Andy progress earlier, thanks for updating us,
and keep it up Andy !
Old 9 Oct 2008, 05:16 (Ref:2307288)   #130
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From his dad:-

Hi IAN here,Just Thought i would share a special moment with you all.This morning when i went in to see Andy there were Drs & Nursing staff around him also Sara,she must of told him i had arrived,because all of a sudden and quite unexpected he gave me a smile and wave,plus the thumbs up,now i know this sounds a little trival but believe me after seeing Andy just lying there almost everyday for 3 weeks and then having him greet me this way brought a lump to my throat and a feeling better than if i had won the lottery.When i think how different things could of turned out.It is strange how small things like a wave can give one so much pleasure and a feeling that Andy is getting stronger and fighting back and will come home.
Old 9 Oct 2008, 07:54 (Ref:2307352)   #131
jonbryant
Veteran

England
Horsham, West Sussex
jonbryant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjonbryant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Les
From his dad:-

Hi IAN here,Just Thought i would share a special moment with you all.This morning when i went in to see Andy there were Drs & Nursing staff around him also Sara,she must of told him i had arrived,because all of a sudden and quite unexpected he gave me a smile and wave,plus the thumbs up,now i know this sounds a little trival but believe me after seeing Andy just lying there almost everyday for 3 weeks and then having him greet me this way brought a lump to my throat and a feeling better than if i had won the lottery.When i think how different things could of turned out.It is strange how small things like a wave can give one so much pleasure and a feeling that Andy is getting stronger and fighting back and will come home.
Now thats some excellent news to start the day with!
Old 9 Oct 2008, 08:07 (Ref:2307361)   #132
snatchman
Rookie

snatchman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is good to hear Andy is on the road to recovery i have been reading the updates for the last two weeks on here and have not known what to put. The updates are gladly received on Andy's condition as we don't like to hear of serious accidents like Andy's but it is good to know how he is progressing for that i thank all Andy's family for keeping us up to date.

Brendan and Amanda
Old 9 Oct 2008, 11:55 (Ref:2307499)   #133
BeeJ
Racer

England
Coventry UK
BeeJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is really good to hear that Andy is making good progress. Although my injury was far less sever than Andy's I remember how good it felt the first time I got out of bed and walked (with a zimmer frame) a couple of steps.

Many thanks to Andys family for keeping us all informed on his progress, it must be very hard to think of us as well as all the other worry.
Old 9 Oct 2008, 13:30 (Ref:2307562)   #134
johnw
Veteran

England
Chichester - 1/2 mile from Goodwood
johnw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What treat to read of some positive progress. Keep at it Andy.
Old 9 Oct 2008, 13:37 (Ref:2307568)   #135
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Burnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Les
...all of a sudden and quite unexpected he gave me a smile and wave,plus the thumbs up...
That really is wonderful news from Ian, I'm delighted that Andy seems to be well on the road (or should it be track) to recovery. As others have already said, the updates from the family are very much appreciated and it's great that the news is so encouraging.

Paul.
Old 9 Oct 2008, 15:53 (Ref:2307659)   #136
Bezzers1986
Racer

England
East Anglia
Bezzers1986 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thats excellent news, Glad to hear he is getting better.
Old 9 Oct 2008, 17:30 (Ref:2307713)   #137
dave cam
Rookie

England
Long Eaton,Nottingham
dave cam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That really is excellent news, glad to hear things are on their way up.
Old 9 Oct 2008, 18:17 (Ref:2307741)   #138
Miss Pebbles
Another Little Teapot
Veteran

England
Hertfordshire
Miss Pebbles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Like so many other people I have been checking every day for news on Andy and today's updates have been fantastic, I am so pleased to hear Andy is getting so much better, and although there is still a long way to go this is really brilliant news.
Still thinking of you all....
Old 9 Oct 2008, 18:25 (Ref:2307751)   #139
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This is great news, lets hope Andy's progess gets quicker now.

Also this shows what a great job the Doctors and rescue teams did on the circuit,this was more than first aid.

Last edited by rbs; 9 Oct 2008 at 18:26. Reason: spellin mistake
Old 9 Oct 2008, 18:26 (Ref:2307753)   #140
FastToes
Rookie

United Kingdom
FastToes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As has been said by many others, I have also been checking this thread daily and am delighted to hear the latest news that has been posted by his family

I only know Andy as that Fast Bloke in the Fiesta but he and his loved ones have been in my thoughts a great deal these past few weeks

Great news about all the money that has been donated to the air ambulance too.
Old 9 Oct 2008, 18:32 (Ref:2307761)   #141
frances
Rookie

frances should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello Sarah-Jane and family, my name is Frances Lloyd and i am married to Darryl , he is one of the Marshals from the britcar. We have been watching out for any news on a daily basis praying and hoping for the best for Andy and you all. You must be so glad things are going much better now and we hope that he continues to improve each day. Our family's hearts are with you all. Thanks for giving everybody these updates especially when you must be so busy being with Andy. He is lucky to have you all. You are an insperation, keep your chin up. All the best for the future. Love from the Lloyds x x x x
Old 9 Oct 2008, 18:46 (Ref:2307769)   #142
blueoval2
Racer

England
blueoval2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To all of andys family you have a lot on your minds and haven't a clue who most of us are but a big thanks for the updates great to hear of some improvement.
Old 9 Oct 2008, 18:51 (Ref:2307776)   #143
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Shelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So glad the news is getting more and more positive.

Andy is one lucky guy in being married to such a wonderful woman and to have such a supportive family.

All the best,
Shelagh
Old 9 Oct 2008, 19:33 (Ref:2307807)   #144
peteh
Racer

United Kingdom
Stockport
peteh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fantastic news that he is making progress, thanks for the updates too. Best wishes and keep positive.
Old 9 Oct 2008, 20:00 (Ref:2307838)   #145
MarkH22
Rookie

MarkH22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is Great News, Thanks again for keeping everyone informed of Andy's Progress .. What a nice way for Family Neate to start the day, and a nice relief for Sara and Andy's Family

All at Wealden Racing
Old 9 Oct 2008, 21:09 (Ref:2307881)   #146
mini1400
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chelmsford, Essex
mini1400 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fantastic news, keep fighting mate and thanks to everyone for the updates. Your in all our thoughts.
Old 10 Oct 2008, 18:03 (Ref:2308528)   #147
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Shelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
My mum has been on holiday and wasn't up to date on this incident. To those who don't know her, "Shelagh's Mum" is familiar to anybody at Oulton as she does drivers' signing on, amongst other things.

Anyway, when told about it, her immediate reaction was "Oh, but he's a really lovely chap". And she has asked me to pass on her best wishes to Andy and family, hence this post.

So, from Magdalen, all the best to Andy and family.
Old 12 Oct 2008, 20:46 (Ref:2310488)   #148
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
tonight's update :-

Hi all

Well unfortunately there is not a great amount to report, aside from Andy is now off of ICU and onto a trauma ward.

As a family we are now pushing to try to get him closer to home, he needs to be nearer to Sara and his children, this would aid his recovery immensely.

The surgeon who performed his neck operation came today and was impressed with Andy's recovery so far. Although he did say he was shocked at how much weight Andy had lost. Personally I do not believe I have ever seen him so skinny, but given time this is something that can be gained back, through proper food and working out.

Anyway, as previously said, we will probably not be posting as frequently now, purely because this time is extremely personal to my brother, and none of us will ever do anything to betray his privacy.

We still receive many cards and well wishes daily and are as always eternally grateful for those, as will Andy be when he can sit and read them all

Thank you all again

Much Love

SJxx
Old 13 Oct 2008, 16:46 (Ref:2311373)   #149
Paul Newns
Veteran

Paul Newns should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've been out of the country for the past week. It was wonderful to hear of Andy's progress when I got back. 24 hours is a long race and Andy's recovery will be a long road, but he will get to the chequered flag, I'm sure.
Old 16 Oct 2008, 11:32 (Ref:2313778)   #150
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Having seen the accident on the box last night I am even more in awe of the marshalls, medics and hospital staff.

Looking forward to talking to you Andy - I've missed you.