Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 27 May 2009, 16:44 (Ref:2470327)   #126
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well,yes,but even if there are only about 25,it would still be a major attraction to the familys who will [hopefully] attend.
Old 28 May 2009, 17:02 (Ref:2471030)   #127
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
According to the Silverstone Classic website Santana have now pulled out of the meeting!
Old 28 May 2009, 17:27 (Ref:2471050)   #128
Fay
Veteran

England
Silverstone
Fay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
According to the Silverstone Classic website Santana have now pulled out of the meeting!
Apparently they are now going to be free concerts on a stage by the Harley stand. (Pussycat dolls have also pulled out.) Blue should still be playing and will be supported by various bands/people.
Old 30 May 2009, 06:31 (Ref:2471985)   #129
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I've played in better bands than Blue, frankly I'd rather listen to a two wheeled tractor, sorry, a Hardly Ridable with loose tappets and a dodgy big end being revved up and down for an hour
Old 31 May 2009, 04:25 (Ref:2472422)   #130
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As Blue are a support act to PCD,I wonder if they will be there anyway,if PCD have another gig elswhere,surely thats where Blue will be.[Hopefully!]
Old 1 Jun 2009, 07:13 (Ref:2473149)   #131
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I presume the Classic doesn't clash with a GP in which case it would be fun and appropriate to get a "Band du Lac" type group like Piston' Broke to play and I am sure they woudl be happy to play for free, some of the members woudl probably be racing at the classic.....
Old 1 Jun 2009, 07:36 (Ref:2473164)   #132
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Well we do have two guitarist's on here,I wonder if Nick is doing the Classic!
Old 1 Jun 2009, 09:53 (Ref:2473226)   #133
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
They'd need a bigger stage for HIS kit?
Old 1 Jun 2009, 10:24 (Ref:2473248)   #134
fasted
Racer

England
fasted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I`m not at all disappointed. I always thought PCD stood for Pitched Circle Diameter and I never got Santana first time around so forty years later he stood no chance. Looking at the age and preferences of many that willl be there I would have thought a good Elvis impersonator would have been more appropriate to entertain an assembly of racing driver impersonators
Old 1 Jun 2009, 11:14 (Ref:2473277)   #135
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
If we're going to lower the Tone by that amount,just be done with it and have a Karaoke contest,should be more in line with how the UK is at present!!
Old 1 Jun 2009, 15:15 (Ref:2473427)   #136
fasted
Racer

England
fasted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
If we're going to lower the Tone by that amount,just be done with it and have a Karaoke contest,should be more in line with how the UK is at present!!
It would be the one classic event where none of the competitors would be underweight! Although overbored would be another matter altogether
Old 1 Jun 2009, 16:04 (Ref:2473469)   #137
avro
Racer

avro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The last I heard there were about 10 Super Tourers entered but I think thats now 9 !!!!!!!!!!!
Old 1 Jun 2009, 19:38 (Ref:2473603)   #138
Tony_Simpson
Veteran

Tony_Simpson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by avro View Post
The last I heard there were about 10 Super Tourers entered but I think thats now 9 !!!!!!!!!!!
Will the organisers still let this race go ahead with a reduced number like this??

Also are entries still being taken to help boost the number at all??
Old 2 Jun 2009, 15:54 (Ref:2474106)   #139
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by avro View Post
Any idea what types?
Old 4 Jun 2009, 10:48 (Ref:2475266)   #140
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've heard that this touring car grid is to be opened up to 70s and 80s ETCC / BTCC type cars as well - so Batmobiles, Capris, etc. Sounds fantastic!
Old 4 Jun 2009, 11:43 (Ref:2475295)   #141
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Even more so if you just happen to own one of the later.
But it could well be an eye opener as to the performance difference's between the likes of a Bat Mobile to say,a Cavalier.I think I would be inclined to bet on the BMW in terms of grunt but the Vauxhall should have it on the twisty bits,could be a very good show.
Old 4 Jun 2009, 17:56 (Ref:2475450)   #142
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerwills View Post
I've heard that this touring car grid is to be opened up to 70s and 80s ETCC / BTCC type cars as well - so Batmobiles, Capris, etc. Sounds fantastic!

Will someone (Masters?) tell us if this happens or will we have to keep checking the Classic website?
Old 4 Jun 2009, 19:46 (Ref:2475502)   #143
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
I would have thought the Team will keep you well informed Mike,I wonder if the STs will be running slicks as in period as well.
Old 5 Jun 2009, 04:28 (Ref:2475741)   #144
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I know posting email addresses is discouraged, but anyone interested in running a car on this grid should make contact with Joe by email info(at)batcave-racing.com

Obviously replace the (at) with the @ symbol.

If it felt inappropriate to post email addresses here, please remove.
Old 5 Jun 2009, 05:30 (Ref:2475754)   #145
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Roger that sounds very interesting if it is true! Would definitely add some interest to the ST race
Old 5 Jun 2009, 08:35 (Ref:2475827)   #146
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
I received this email this morning and copy it here for everyone's info:

"It has been confirmed by the organisers that the race will include classes for 70's and 80's slick shod Touring Cars in addition to the 90s Super Touring cars. The races will follow the same format as before (2 x 20 minute races) and hospitality will be provided with the entries. If you wish to be considered for an entry please contact Joe: info@batcave-racing.com."
Old 5 Jun 2009, 09:17 (Ref:2475847)   #147
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just to confirm, Roger; there's no problem with this type of commercial and/or organisers e-m address; it's the private ones that we pull.
Old 6 Jun 2009, 07:09 (Ref:2476354)   #148
jminsh
Veteran

England
Not far from Oulton Park
jminsh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
cool bring it on, shall go and blow the cobwebs off the trusty E30 M3 !! at last
Old 7 Jun 2009, 06:24 (Ref:2476775)   #149
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fantastic, I hope that some of the earlier cars appear. It would be wonderful to see some touring cars we don't have in Australia.
Old 8 Jun 2009, 13:35 (Ref:2477691)   #150
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hi chaps, bit of help required as I've never been before. I'm thinking about taking a stand in the tented area. Anyone any idea whether "real" people get there or is it just the plastic bag brigade?

TIA

Max