Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 7 Jun 2009, 09:25 (Ref:2476829)   #126
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It is a visit on Friday to the Speedy pits organised for Ten Tenths members by Bentley03. Entry is ticketed and I'm afraid all places are (AFAIK) now filled. As a relatively new member with a limited number of posts you would have been unlikely to make the cut this year - but there's always 2010!
Old 7 Jun 2009, 09:26 (Ref:2476831)   #127
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
THE FINAL LIST (I hope )

The 10 visiting at 14:00
Aysedasi
Batmobile
Gilles Lives!
bernard b
Dominique
AllonFS
LC2guy
Dani Filth
undoz
Bentley03

The 10 visiting at 15:00
isynge
Kpy
GT6
Elaviel
GTFour
lemansfan
rdjones
Sarthe82
Down F0rce
nobster

Just finished printing the invitations, so we're all set for Friday. Job done!

Splendid work James
Old 7 Jun 2009, 13:20 (Ref:2476939)   #128
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thanks a lot! I cannot wait.

So what is the plan? Will we meet up somewhere beforehand and go as a group?
Old 7 Jun 2009, 14:26 (Ref:2476983)   #129
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down F0rce View Post
Thanks a lot! I cannot wait.

So what is the plan? Will we meet up somewhere beforehand and go as a group?
Yep, see post #113 on this thread (THE SCHEDULE). You'll find me (and the others in your group) standing next to the pit wall opposite the Speedy Racing Team Sebah garages (22 and 23) from a quarter to the hour onwards. I'll PM my mobile number to you since I don't think you know any of us yet. You can call or text me if you're having problems finding us.

Look forward to meeting you next week!
Old 7 Jun 2009, 15:26 (Ref:2477032)   #130
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Great stuff, thanks for the PM. I've saved it in my phone so I'll give you a shout if I get horribly lost. I'm aiming to be in the pit lane by before lunchtime anyway so it shouldn't be an issue.

See you all there!
Old 7 Jun 2009, 19:40 (Ref:2477185)   #131
Elaviel
Racer

England
Kent
Elaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridElaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks very much James,

looking forward to seeing you all again this year,

see you there.
Old 7 Jun 2009, 22:21 (Ref:2477296)   #132
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Haven't seen a PM yet but I think I won't be needing it really,since I allready know some of the faces from last years pitvisit and Saturday morning meet.

Really lookin' forward to this one!
Old 7 Jun 2009, 22:30 (Ref:2477301)   #133
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour View Post
Haven't seen a PM yet but I think I won't be needing it really,since I allready know some of the faces from last years pitvisit and Saturday morning meet.

Really lookin' forward to this one!
I've only sent PM's to the three members who haven't met any of us before. You're a veteran!

Look forward to seeing you again on Friday.

(Sent you a PM anyway)
Old 7 Jun 2009, 23:39 (Ref:2477327)   #134
Sarthe82
Racer

United Kingdom
Surrey
Sarthe82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Really looking forward to this, well done for all your efforts to get it arranged mate!
Old 8 Jun 2009, 06:07 (Ref:2477414)   #135
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Many thanks James, will we be allowed to take pictures inside the box ?
Old 8 Jun 2009, 07:09 (Ref:2477429)   #136
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
Many thanks James, will we be allowed to take pictures inside the box ?
Assume the answer is yes (I'd be very surprised if it wasn't). If that changes, I'll let you know on the day.
Old 8 Jun 2009, 08:12 (Ref:2477465)   #137
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Assume the answer is yes (I'd be very surprised if it wasn't). If that changes, I'll let you know on the day.

Tell the team I don't charge very much.........
Old 8 Jun 2009, 09:11 (Ref:2477524)   #138
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Tell the team I don't charge very much.........
They said nor will they...........

Old 8 Jun 2009, 14:49 (Ref:2477720)   #139
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Touché.....
Old 15 Jun 2009, 08:33 (Ref:2483582)   #140
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
The visit was a great experience, really cheered for the team during the race.
Unfortunately they had some bad luck with the #13 car at the end but a well deserved podium finish in LMP2. congratulations and thanks to team Speedy Sebah!
Old 15 Jun 2009, 08:51 (Ref:2483595)   #141
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
http://s10.directupload.net/file/d/1826/6y5gxete_jpg

First Picture from the visit in the Speedy racing Pits .It was fantastic .Thanks to Speedy Racing and James!!!.
Old 15 Jun 2009, 16:31 (Ref:2483866)   #142
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
was great to be there to see it close up
thanks to everybody that made it happen and please James .. don't retire just yet

PS ... the Embassy girls were missed though

Ciao Marco
Old 15 Jun 2009, 18:15 (Ref:2483929)   #143
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A very interesting experience, as Nobster was very disappointed by the bad luck at the end, but congratulations and thanks to the team for the reception and their performances.
Old 16 Jun 2009, 07:34 (Ref:2484264)   #144
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Many thanks to all those who organised the visit and especially to the speedy sepah team, a good result in LMP2 and a very promising showing for the LMP1 car.

The welcome we received from all those in the pits was very much appreciated and I for one will be supporting the team in the remaining races in the LMS.
Old 16 Jun 2009, 10:29 (Ref:2484379)   #145
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
I can only echo the comments above. The welcome was fantastic and genuine, and the honesty with which questions were answered was very refreshing. I learnt a lot in our time there and was cheering for the team for the rest of the race. P2 in LMP2 was a great result and it was great to see the LMP1 finish and be classified, although sadly not as high as its performance for most of the race deserved.
Old 16 Jun 2009, 19:19 (Ref:2484703)   #146
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Only just catching up on things, I would like to add my thanks for visit on Friday I think it was one of the highlights off my week in Le Mans.
Old 16 Jun 2009, 19:58 (Ref:2484741)   #147
undoz
Rookie

Romania
Romania
undoz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks a lot James and to the Sebah guys! It was an awesome experience! They seemed very down to earth guys with a big passion for what they do. I was very very pleased to see the result of the P2 car. I'm looking forward to see how the team will evolve next year, considering what they managed to do with the restrictions they had.
Old 18 Jun 2009, 07:41 (Ref:2485721)   #148
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Planetlemans has a good article about the teams result.

http://www.planetlemans.com/2009/06/...e-mans-review/
Old 19 Jun 2009, 09:09 (Ref:2486467)   #149
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Thank you!

My feet have hardly touched the ground since I've been back, but I finally have a moment to post..............

.............a huge thank you to Bart and everyone at Speedy Racing Team Sebah who was involved in the garage visits (Pascal, Steve, Roger and 'Mr Lola Chief Aerodynamicist').

Wow, they really did roll out the red carpet for us, didn't they? What an utterly fantastic experience!

And, I think I speak for everyone if I say that we were treated as very special guests. From Bart's personal greeting to us in the pitlane, to his talk on the team past, present and future, the comprehensive tour of the garage and the Q&A session at the end with Bart and his technical gurus, it was an extraordinary and truly fascinating experience. An experience that I, personally, felt very privileged to have been a part of.

And, many congratulations to the team for their outstanding performance in the race!

Needless to say, they were absolutely delighted to get both cars to the finish, but especially to see the P2 crew standing on the 2nd step of the podium, a fantastic experience for all concerned. Bart did indicate to me that they are somewhat philosophical with regard to the P1's gearbox woes (which led to a placing somewhat lower than the 6th overall they were looking at with just a few hours of the race remaining). It was a problem that also affected the works cars and something they consider was out of their control. But, an amazing overall performance in both classes by the team, and just reward for those who worked so hard to achieve it. They must be very proud!

Many thanks, once again, to Bart and his team, and the very best of luck to Speedy Racing Team Sebah for the remainder of 2009 and beyond!
Old 22 Jun 2009, 17:39 (Ref:2488466)   #150
Gilles lives!
Veteran

England
Kent.
Gilles lives! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well said Bentley it was a great experience and we must be very grateful for their time especially during prep for the race. I'm glad that you could manage to squeeze me into the later shift and fingers crossed for a smilar visit in 2010 .