Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 3 Aug 2009, 21:24 (Ref:2514972)   #126
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I'm not too sure about the RESTARTS behind the safety car in the DMN , but in the Heritage races (also rolling starts) I know that after the safety car pulls into the pit lane with the roof light out, directly the gantry lights go out then the race is on and you CAN overtake before the start line It might be a good idea to get this sorted out as you can't have different rules for one race and not the other or else it gets confusing.

Mind you I'd like a quid for every time I've been overtaken before the line in a normal start !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 3 Aug 2009, 21:26 (Ref:2514974)   #127
265jaguar37
Rookie

United Kingdom
petworth west sussex
265jaguar37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
start

i was told that it would be a safety car start for two laps , maybe more if the c of c decicided if it was neccassary , (due to the conditions) yes the entry into druids was very slow , but it was no different to being on the m25 when some plonka switches on the variable speed limit signs, DOH.
Old 3 Aug 2009, 21:29 (Ref:2514979)   #128
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Gordon...under a normal rolling start proceedure what you have described is true and is how the first race started and how the second race should have started. However on safety grounds it was decided that the second race on sunday should started under safety car conditions due to the weather, in that situation normal safety car rules apply, you DO NOT overtake until you cross the start finish line.
Old 3 Aug 2009, 21:34 (Ref:2514981)   #129
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Chezza you did note I said restart behind the safety car?
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 3 Aug 2009, 21:36 (Ref:2514984)   #130
Eric Falce
Veteran

United Kingdom
Orpington Kent
Eric Falce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well as the input I have had this season to the DMN series is virtualy nil,apart from the doughnuts,can I ask an important question,does anyone know the name of the hotel just outside and overlooking Florence, stayed there in Feb,cant remember the name though.
Sorry Andy I meant when the light goes out,why all these confusing start procedures,just drop the flag and lets get on with the race,dont like rolling starts anyway.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 3 Aug 2009, 21:36 (Ref:2514985)   #131
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ooops no I missed that...but no, under restarts you should not start racing until you have passed the green flag on the startline.
Old 3 Aug 2009, 21:41 (Ref:2514989)   #132
andypipe
Veteran

England
Essex
andypipe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Falce View Post
dont like rolling starts anyway.
Me neither
Old 3 Aug 2009, 21:44 (Ref:2514995)   #133
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Well then the rules are different ! as I know the rules in the Heritage are as I said, and I can't for the life of me think why they are different !
Have you got a copy of the rules there in front of you ? I know I'm not in the DMN series but it would be good to actually know.
Old 3 Aug 2009, 21:51 (Ref:2514998)   #134
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
I don't have a copy of the rules in front of me, but that is the way that the safety car has worked for the whole of this season, and last.
Old 3 Aug 2009, 21:53 (Ref:2515001)   #135
Copperbottom
Veteran

Copperbottom has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
http://www.barc.net/regional_centres...9RegsVer01.pdf
Old 3 Aug 2009, 21:54 (Ref:2515002)   #136
Robert Morris
Veteran

United Kingdom
heathfield
Robert Morris has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 265jaguar37 View Post
but it was no different to being on the m25 when some plonka switches on the variable speed limit signs, DOH.
Good explanation Ken
Old 3 Aug 2009, 21:59 (Ref:2515004)   #137
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
Ah thanks Bob, I couldn't remember if they were in there or not!
Old 3 Aug 2009, 22:07 (Ref:2515007)   #138
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Following the safety car extinguishing its lights, and prior to passing the green flag, the race
leader will maintain the pace set by the Safety Car. The race leader will dictate the pace and, if
necessary, fall more than five car lengths behind it. In order to avoid the likelihood of accidents
before the safety car returns to the pits, from the point at which the lights on the car are
extinguished drivers must proceed at a pace which involves no erratic acceleration or braking
nor any other manoeuvre which is likely to endanger other drivers or impede the restart.
This is ambiguous as it does not actually say about when you can "start racing" and would be good to get a definitive answer !
Old 3 Aug 2009, 22:09 (Ref:2515009)   #139
jonbryant
Veteran

England
Horsham, West Sussex
jonbryant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjonbryant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That was a very dull bunch of posts.

Photos are done!!!

http://www.snappyracers.com/album/010809Brands/

Old 3 Aug 2009, 22:20 (Ref:2515021)   #140
Robert Morris
Veteran

United Kingdom
heathfield
Robert Morris has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
well done Jon seems lot pics of car no7 bet you sell a few.
Old 3 Aug 2009, 22:36 (Ref:2515029)   #141
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
I like the one of the line of cars with Rod leading...there are some good snaps there john, despite you not liking them.

Gordon 3.14.12 states that overtaking is strictly forbidden until the green signal is passed on the startline.
Old 3 Aug 2009, 22:47 (Ref:2515035)   #142
Bryan Degerlund
Veteran

England
Dartford
Bryan Degerlund should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Following the safety car extinguishing its lights, and prior to passing the green flag, the race
leader will maintain the pace set by the Safety Car. The race leader will dictate the pace and, if
necessary, fall more than five car lengths behind it. In order to avoid the likelihood of accidents
before the safety car returns to the pits, from the point at which the lights on the car are
extinguished drivers must proceed at a pace which involves no erratic acceleration or braking
nor any other manoeuvre which is likely to endanger other drivers or impede the restart.
This is ambiguous as it does not actually say about when you can "start racing" and would be good to get a definitive answer !
Guys, you need to read the last line of the next paragraph which states no overtaking until you pass the start signal. These are the common Safety Car regs introduced at the beginning of the year by MSA for all clubs to follow.

The regs also say there should be no more than five car lengths between cars in the Safety Car train, so the situation mentioned earlier, with the cars spread out at the start shouldn't, theoretically, occur if all drivers kept up. I appreciate this doesn't help if someone in the middle does fall back and you are not allowed to overtake.
Old 3 Aug 2009, 22:50 (Ref:2515039)   #143
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
That's cleared that one up then ! But unfortunately it ain't uniform across the spectrum of all series. or wasn't
Old 3 Aug 2009, 23:00 (Ref:2515042)   #144
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Degerlund View Post
I appreciate this doesn't help if someone in the middle does fall back and you are not allowed to overtake.
I lost a complete lap at Spa because I got held up behind a ***** that I was just about to overtake when the SC flags came out, he was going about 25 mph when the safety car was doing about 70
I could actually see the safety car catching me up !
Old 3 Aug 2009, 23:05 (Ref:2515047)   #145
Bryan Degerlund
Veteran

England
Dartford
Bryan Degerlund should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Glad to be of help. If anyone wants to discuss further at Brands Hatch, I am the fat, grumpy old sod by the startline box. Chezza will point me out, if required.
Old 4 Aug 2009, 07:48 (Ref:2515212)   #146
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Degerlund View Post
Glad to be of help. If anyone wants to discuss further at Brands Hatch, I am the fat, grumpy old sod by the startline box. Chezza will point me out, if required.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder Bryan
Old 4 Aug 2009, 10:46 (Ref:2515319)   #147
grichie87
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Kingsdown
grichie87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chezza View Post
Gordon...under a normal rolling start proceedure what you have described is true and is how the first race started and how the second race should have started. However on safety grounds it was decided that the second race on sunday should started under safety car conditions due to the weather, in that situation normal safety car rules apply, you DO NOT overtake until you cross the start finish line.
Ok, on a rolling start you start racing when the red lights go out, on a saftey car RESTART you start racing only when you pass the start/finish line and green flag. On a saftey start due to the conditions you dont start racing untill you cross the start/finish line, but in single file and the rain no one could see if the saftey car was in on still on track. The first time most of us knew the race was still under the saftey car was on the run up to Druids!! It doesnt happen to often but it could do with further explaination at the drivers briefing
Old 4 Aug 2009, 19:47 (Ref:2515681)   #148
jonbryant
Veteran

England
Horsham, West Sussex
jonbryant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjonbryant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Morris View Post
well done Jon seems lot pics of car no7 bet you sell a few.
Thanks Rob. That would be nice. 1 DMN sale in the last 3 rounds... yaaay
Old 4 Aug 2009, 20:03 (Ref:2515691)   #149
mig
Racer

England
Kent where the hops and Hondas are from
mig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At least I still buy from you mate
Old 4 Aug 2009, 20:13 (Ref:2515701)   #150
jonbryant
Veteran

England
Horsham, West Sussex
And it's much appreciated Lee. Must be the credit crunch and all that.

By the way, your cousin got in touch about accreditation. Will drop her a line back.