Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 13 May 2012, 21:17 (Ref:3074014)   #126
Bezzen
Racer

Sweden
Sundsvall
Bezzen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBezzen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As the STCC weekend clashes with Superstars at Donington Johan Kristoffersson will most likely not appear in the UK until Sunday (the STCC races on Saturdays). Perhaps not the ideal preparation.
Old 16 May 2012, 16:04 (Ref:3075359)   #127
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Trucks have started arriving at Donington. I'm looking forward to Sunday!
Old 17 May 2012, 18:47 (Ref:3075835)   #128
Wheels of Fire
Veteran

Italy
Wheels of Fire should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kristoffersson will start last in race1 because he won't attend the qualifying session on saturday (he will race in sweden in the stcc).
Old 17 May 2012, 18:54 (Ref:3075840)   #129
Wheels of Fire
Veteran

Italy
BTCC driver Tom Onslow-Cole will race at Donington! http://www.touringcartimes.com/article.php?id=7623
Old 17 May 2012, 19:09 (Ref:3075845)   #130
Cesco44
Rookie

Italy
Cesco44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels of Fire View Post
BTCC driver Tom Onslow-Cole will race at Donington! http://www.touringcartimes.com/article.php?id=7623
Great to see Tom take part in this week-end. I hope for two fantastic races
Old 19 May 2012, 10:27 (Ref:3076362)   #131
Wheels of Fire
Veteran

Italy
from Autosport.com: Morbidelli comfortably fastest in damp first Superstars practice at Donington Park http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/99700
Old 19 May 2012, 11:10 (Ref:3076385)   #132
Wheels of Fire
Veteran

Italy
new sponsor on Schoffler's Audi

Old 19 May 2012, 11:11 (Ref:3076386)   #133
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Only 17 cars took part in Free Practice 1.

Herbert and TOC have done really well, 3rd and 4th respectively, although JH is 2.790 seconds behind Biagi in 2nd.

Track was dry and 6oC.

Weather is due to improve later on today and be quite nice tomorrow.
Old 19 May 2012, 12:40 (Ref:3076426)   #134
Wheels of Fire
Veteran

Italy
unfortunately will attend races only 18 cars;Capelli and Garofanno shouldn't race tomorrow...
Old 19 May 2012, 13:19 (Ref:3076433)   #135
Wheels of Fire
Veteran

Italy
free practice2:Morbidelli,Schoffler,Biagi,Gabellini,Sini,Herbert,Pigoli,Liuzzi,Mugelli,Onslow-Cole
Old 19 May 2012, 16:48 (Ref:3076511)   #136
Wheels of Fire
Veteran

Italy
First row all for Audi:Morbidelli will start on pole in front of Schoffler.Impressive debut for Onslow-Cole:the BTCC driver will start third ahead of Herbert,Pigoli,Liuzzi,Biagi,Gabellini,Sini,Boffo.Larini only 11th.
Old 20 May 2012, 09:23 (Ref:3076724)   #137
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
My god the tv coverage is awful. They only have one camera angle in their box. And I thought Andy Marriott was a bad commentator......

The cars look and sound amazing though.
Old 20 May 2012, 10:30 (Ref:3076766)   #138
Wheels of Fire
Veteran

Italy
easy win for Morbidelli,Krisstoffersson 2nd(he has started last),3rd Herbert,4thBiagi and then Liuzzi,Schoffler,Gabellini,Larini,Pigoli,Sini.
Great debut for Onslow-Cole:he was fighting for the podium positions until a mistake.

from Autosport.com: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/99726
Old 20 May 2012, 17:58 (Ref:3076937)   #139
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Audi driver Giovanni Morbidelli win Donington race 2, second is Johan Kristoffersson, third Johnny Herbert, fourth Vitantonio Liuzzi, fifht Thomas Biagi.
Old 20 May 2012, 18:38 (Ref:3076950)   #140
Wheels of Fire
Veteran

Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurski View Post
Audi driver Giovanni Morbidelli win Donington race 2, second is Johan Kristoffersson, third Johnny Herbert, fourth Vitantonio Liuzzi, fifht Thomas Biagi.
pay attention,you're wrong:in race2 Morbidelli won ahead of Kristoffersson,Liuzzi,Sini,Meloni,Biagi,Herbert,Boffo,Cesari and Caldarola.
retired Onslow-Cole
Old 21 May 2012, 10:53 (Ref:3077202)   #141
Clive McNeil
Rookie

United Kingdom
London
Clive McNeil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: commentary....

At the start of race 1 and for the first 3 laps there was only the single view camera of the start-line being fed to the booth. While trying to commentate I was trying to signal through the door to see if i could locate the Italian techie and explain the problem. Eventually he arrived.

It's an absolutely brilliant series...but, as yet, doesn't have the resources that the well-established series' have.

A test for everyone who thinks it's easy - turn down the TV, bring up live timing, put a mike in the computer and record yourself doing it. Remember to have an Italian producer shouting in your ear every few minutes.
As in everything, it's nowhere near as easy as it seems..and in Superstars you can't pause to think and have a co-commentator take up the slack, as there isn't one
Old 21 May 2012, 11:57 (Ref:3077230)   #142
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
AndyS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I enjoyed it and I had picked up on the fact that the commentator only had one monitor. Did the best possible under the circumstances really.

Super Stars is a great series and I think they go well round Donington with plenty of overtaking. Just a shame that the RS5 seems to have such a huge advantage at the moment.

I hope they stick with Donington as there seemed to be more people there than last year. It'd be good to see somebody like Colin Turkington or James Thompson getting a run in the series. I think that would help in getting some more of the UK fans interested.
Old 21 May 2012, 12:42 (Ref:3077253)   #143
Clive McNeil
Rookie

United Kingdom
London
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
Just a shame that the RS5 seems to have such a huge advantage at the moment.

I hope they stick with Donington as there seemed to be more people there than last year. It'd be good to see somebody like Colin Turkington or James Thompson getting a run in the series. I think that would help in getting some more of the UK fans interested.
There are mutterings from the other teams regarding the RS5, the series is designed to balance the performance of the cars and it's certain they will be looked at again - the big give-away being that with even 60kgs handicap from his two race wins at Imola, Kristoffersen was able to pass the field to take 2nd - on the other hand, to challenge as hard as he did on Morbidelli's Audi with NO handicap weight...and Gianni the lightest driver in the field...there's no doubt Johan has talent.

Chris the new MD was locked in talks with Maurizio Flammini at the track, there were track walk passes available, the pitwalk was free, the drivers and cars always in the paddock, crowds looked well over double last year
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...6946198&type=3
Old 21 May 2012, 15:41 (Ref:3077329)   #144
Wheels of Fire
Veteran

Italy
Are you the commentator for MotorsTV UK?
Nice to talk with you

As far as you know,there is a possibility to see some english drivers or teams in the series again (or maybe for the whole season,or next year)?
Tom Onslow-Cole proved to be able to go fast with these big v8 cars;should be interesting to see also one like Turkington... next year WSR in Superstars with TOC and Colin!
ok,maybe I'm just dreaming
Old 21 May 2012, 17:19 (Ref:3077366)   #145
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
The grid walk was a nice idea but poorly promoted. First I'd heard of it was a brief comment on the PA as the previous race was finished. Second grid walk and pit walk were subject to much confusion by the commentators who at various time announced that these would/wouldn't be happened and that you did/didn't need to be a special pass holder. Possibly some confusion translating the PR team's Italian into the PA team's English.

Teams seemed fairly happy to see people wander into the garages and get a close look at the cars, and I was presently surprised to see some allowing kids to sit in the drivers seat. My only criticism is that they should have pushed the cars out into the light rather than leave them in the dark garages.
Old 21 May 2012, 18:22 (Ref:3077392)   #146
Clive McNeil
Rookie

United Kingdom
London
Yes, I do the international commentary for the series but have no "insider" knowledge on what teams and drivers will be appearing, I have my fingers crossed like everyone else!

I think (and it's only me, not gospel) that the cars were in the pit boxes because of limited space in the paddock area, as usually they're in the paddock under awnings for all to see.

At the moment the "ebayers" with their bags full of stuff they want signed are few and manageable...

I must admit that I love this championship, it has the same philosophy as World Superbikes and everybody is extremely approachable.

Oh, and the racing is AWESOME!
Old 21 May 2012, 21:30 (Ref:3077479)   #147
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Apologies Clive. You can only work with the equipment you are given I guess. That's the problem with the internet, you can say something that'll come back to bite you on the backside!

I'm really getting into the series this year, it has so much potential.
Old 21 May 2012, 22:49 (Ref:3077520)   #148
Clive McNeil
Rookie

United Kingdom
London
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Apologies Clive. You can only work with the equipment you are given I guess. That's the problem with the internet, you can say something that'll come back to bite you on the backside!

I'm really getting into the series this year, it has so much potential.
Don't worry Craner, I'm my own worst critic and absolutely HATE hearing myself...still think Toby Moody is the greatest What he does with MotoGP...and then heard him doing ROC and was WELL impressed

One of the standout features of this series is that the teams themselves absolutely adore it. I only wish the teams that were running Lexus, Porche, Chrysler and Cadillac could do all the rounds!
Old 22 May 2012, 12:15 (Ref:3077783)   #149
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
AndyS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it the same people who started World Superbikes running this? WSB and BSB for that matter around the mid/late 90's and into to the early 2000's was the one and only time I've followed bike racing. It seemed to die off a bit after then and I lost interest. Did MotoGP make some changes and the teams/riders all cleared off there of something? I've no interest in bike racing really so don't know enough about it. If they can recreate what they seemed to achieve in Superbikes then you would think that this could really take hold.
Old 22 May 2012, 15:16 (Ref:3077855)   #150
Aunt Sally
Veteran

Aunt Sally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I found a some images from Donington here.. http://psp-images.photoshelter.com/g...00mTsoIWma.bI/