Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 19 Mar 2012, 09:45 (Ref:3044491)   #126
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
im aware of that, but it does say who was the fastest, and it shows they didnt lose because of "stupid pitting rules"

thought you would be happy blue ford are winning and triple 8 are looking average
Old 19 Mar 2012, 09:46 (Ref:3044492)   #127
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
on_to_it has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
One fast lap does not a race win make.
Thank goodness someone has said it. I am sick of people waffling on about drivers who get fastest laps (but somehow just don't seem to win). To win you must string a full race-length of good laps together which includes placing yourself in positions to enable overtaking, and staying on the track at the limit.
That's what's required to win, and the really good guys can do that from the back row!
Old 19 Mar 2012, 09:53 (Ref:3044496)   #128
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
im aware of that, but it does say who was the fastest, and it shows they didnt lose because of "stupid pitting rules"

thought you would be happy blue ford are winning and triple 8 are looking average
I was agreeing with you.
Old 19 Mar 2012, 09:53 (Ref:3044497)   #129
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by on_to_it View Post
Thank goodness someone has said it. I am sick of people waffling on about drivers who get fastest laps (but somehow just don't seem to win). To win you must string a full race-length of good laps together which includes placing yourself in positions to enable overtaking, and staying on the track at the limit.
That's what's required to win, and the really good guys can do that from the back row!
yeah well im sick of people who take half a sentence and turn it into an irrelvant debate
Old 19 Mar 2012, 09:59 (Ref:3044504)   #130
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
I was agreeing with you.
ok, sorry misunderstood
Old 19 Mar 2012, 10:48 (Ref:3044537)   #131
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It would be an extremely rare motor race which doesn't see the fastest guy win.
Old 19 Mar 2012, 11:18 (Ref:3044548)   #132
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
It would be an extremely rare motor race which doesn't see the fastest guy win.
We're getting way off topic here but of course that is not the case. Quite common in fact for the car setting the fastest lap to not win the race - after all, it's only the fastest single lap in a race full of many laps.
Old 19 Mar 2012, 19:18 (Ref:3044835)   #133
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
i dont think you can really say that they were crap races, they certainly seemed to be a reasonable race.
Ya, your probably right, really frustrated, like almost everyone else, that its not a full c'ship round
Old 19 Mar 2012, 19:26 (Ref:3044841)   #134
anthony81901
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
anthony81901 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GROUPA View Post
The sooner the V8's @ Australian GP is a round of the championship the better.
Even if both end up on the one tv network, won't necessarily become a round of the championship as it is Bernie's event and support races can only be part of a championship if Bernie says so, or in other words stump up enough cash for Bernie.
Old 19 Mar 2012, 19:50 (Ref:3044855)   #135
mspence
Racer

mspence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony81901 View Post
Even if both end up on the one tv network, won't necessarily become a round of the championship as it is Bernie's event and support races can only be part of a championship if Bernie says so, or in other words stump up enough cash for Bernie.
They've obviously found a solution for Abu Dhabi....
Old 19 Mar 2012, 21:25 (Ref:3044924)   #136
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
on_to_it has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
yeah well im sick of people who take half a sentence and turn it into an irrelvant debate
It was actually a complete sentence and I was agreeing with the guy who posted it. This whole forum is about debate but your post appears to add nothing.
Old 20 Mar 2012, 03:30 (Ref:3045080)   #137
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTHY View Post
Any race where the fastest guy doesn't win because of stupid pitting rules, means its a crap race.
Just incase some people are confused, i'll clarify my post.

I do not feel that the person with the 'fastest lap' should have won the race.

My comment is that the guy who was the fastest car, should have won the race. Being forced onto a strategy where, if there was a safety car (like there was in race 3) anyone who didn't start on the hard tyre loses out big time.

Mostorsport has, and should always be about the best team, and the best driver winning. Not the spectators (although, most of them at the GP would be mighty confused about what the hell was going on all weekend in the V8s)
Old 20 Mar 2012, 04:16 (Ref:3045087)   #138
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Just incase some people are confused, i'll clarify my post.

I do not feel that the person with the 'fastest lap' should have won the race.

My comment is that the guy who was the fastest car, should have won the race. Being forced onto a strategy where, if there was a safety car (like there was in race 3) anyone who didn't start on the hard tyre loses out big time.

Mostorsport has, and should always be about the best team, and the best driver winning. Not the spectators (although, most of them at the GP would be mighty confused about what the hell was going on all weekend in the V8s)
Well who do you "feel" should have won the race Stealthy?
Do you now want V8 sueprcars to define what strategy each team should run?

I would say to you the guy with the "fastest car", whatever that means (its eitehr the guys who set the fastest lap in each race, the giz or the guy with fastest average lap speed Frosty in race 2 & 3 giz in race 4 (assuming qualifying race was race 1), did win the races.

Maybe you give us an example of what you meant, uses the real life circumstance as we now know happened in those races.

what did you find more interesting the porche race or the v8 race?
Old 20 Mar 2012, 06:58 (Ref:3045109)   #139
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
The Porsche race by far.

It was a race. A straight forward, no bs race.

The way the v8s try and overcomplicate something for the sake of it is ridiculous.

Let them race, dont try and contrive a race.

I would even do away with the points thing to determine the cast winner. $100,000 up - make it $25,000 per race
Old 20 Mar 2012, 07:23 (Ref:3045115)   #140
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
We're getting way off topic here but of course that is not the case. Quite common in fact for the car setting the fastest lap to not win the race - after all, it's only the fastest single lap in a race full of many laps.
Tourer, please point to race result that show the winners average speed to be less than those who finished behind him.

There are many occasions when the winner has not set the fastest lap, but they have always been the fastest over the entire race distance.

But I do understand what you mean.

Last edited by chavez; 20 Mar 2012 at 07:23. Reason: spelling
Old 20 Mar 2012, 07:37 (Ref:3045120)   #141
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
The Porsche race by far.

It was a race. A straight forward, no bs race.

The way the v8s try and overcomplicate something for the sake of it is ridiculous.

Let them race, dont try and contrive a race.

I would even do away with the points thing to determine the cast winner. $100,000 up - make it $25,000 per race
really, if the v8 races were like the porche race you would have been all over this thread telling us how boring the v8s had become

how was it contrived, how was it not a race, maybe it just wasnt simplistic enough for you
Old 20 Mar 2012, 09:20 (Ref:3045160)   #142
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
Tourer, please point to race result that show the winners average speed to be less than those who finished behind him.

There are many occasions when the winner has not set the fastest lap, but they have always been the fastest over the entire race distance.

But I do understand what you mean.
No arguments about fastest average speed over the whole race - the discussion had turned into one about who had set the fastest lap.

Re the other discussion about which race was better to watch, I'd vote for the V8 race this time as there were cars chasing each other down, passing and some question over who would start the last lap in front in the races that I saw. Whilst I enjoy CC racing, it didn't deliver quite as much (in my view) as the V8 races that I saw on the weekend.
Old 20 Mar 2012, 11:31 (Ref:3045265)   #143
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Well who do you "feel" should have won the race Stealthy?
Will Davidson. He was clearly the fastest car, but due to stupid pit lane rules that we dont see at any other event, he was forced onto a reverse strategy. Everyone knows it is better to pit first, get your clear air and then make your fast times.

Quote:
Do you now want V8 sueprcars to define what strategy each team should run?
NO. Thats what my whole point was. The weekend was the powers defining what the strategys should be. I absolutely dont want that in this series.

Quote:
I only saw one of the races, and it was better than all the V8 races. The winner was the guy who was the fastest.
Old 20 Mar 2012, 11:55 (Ref:3045277)   #144
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
It would be interesting if the teams had a choice of hard or soft tyres and then make the race distance longer than the life of the soft tyre.
Old 20 Mar 2012, 20:55 (Ref:3045599)   #145
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
It would be interesting if the teams had a choice of hard or soft tyres and then make the race distance longer than the life of the soft tyre.
that was the intention in race 3,(asssuming the qualifying race is race 1) it was meant to be a 20 lap race outside the fuel window of the cars, but was signicantly shortened and so we did not get to see that happen.

Also i would have said we got to see that in Race 4, the guy that won did not pit on the first lap, he pited on about lap 6 or 7 because the soft tyres did not last the race distance.

Of course according to stealthy that strategy shouldnt have worked and Will was forced to use a different strategy, apprarantly he was faster, although i have seen no evidence off it
Old 20 Mar 2012, 21:12 (Ref:3045613)   #146
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Will Davidson. He was clearly the fastest car, but due to stupid pit lane rules that we dont see at any other event, he was forced onto a reverse strategy. Everyone knows it is better to pit first, get your clear air and then make your fast times.

Could you maybe explain how you have concluded this? His fastest lap was well off the Giz's and Frostys, His average lap speed is shown to be behind them and also Tanders.

I really dont see how you can draw that conclusion. yes he was slightly faster at the start of the race due to being on the soft tyres compared to the hard, which was off set at the end of the race by him being slightly slower

in both qualyfying and the qualyfying race he finished 4th, which was also where he finished for the weekend.

in the final race his strategy was shown to be lacking, the giz stopped on about lap 6 and went on to win, he choose to stop latter (and suffered the consequence.
Old 20 Mar 2012, 22:29 (Ref:3045675)   #147
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
I thought the idea of the reverse strategy was because "stacking" of 2 cars wasn't allowed in the pitstops
Old 20 Mar 2012, 22:40 (Ref:3045680)   #148
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
I thought the idea of the reverse strategy was because "stacking" of 2 cars wasn't allowed in the pitstops
that was the case for race one.

But race two was going to require a fuel stop and so this created options

and race 3 was going to be too long for the tyres and so options were created. As can be seen by the Giz winning it.

its of interst that at Adelaide FPR got canned because they ahd the guys on the same strategy. here they have palyed different options and no mention at all
Old 21 Mar 2012, 09:37 (Ref:3045838)   #149
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It seems that the driving standards of some pilots in the main game are being brought into question by Mr Bright Here

Surprisingly perhaps, one of the subjects Mr Bright makes mention of.. returns serve..

Is this 'Bringing The Sport Into Disrepute'?
Old 21 Mar 2012, 10:42 (Ref:3045861)   #150
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
is there footage of the incident