Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 7 Mar 2013, 07:55 (Ref:3215414)   #126
Bell_End
Racer

Jamaica
Church Tower
Bell_End should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
That there is why 888 are top of the pile. Get all the bike fans on board and buying merch, and massive promotion for the joint sponsor.

I believe 888 ran out of merchandise (not just stoner stuff) and had to get more shipping in during Clipsal.
Old 7 Mar 2013, 13:12 (Ref:3215541)   #127
TCR-028
Racer

TCR-028 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by formerf1champ View Post
I have nfi
Yep, that about sums it up champ. You should have left it there...

No-one expects the guy to be a world beater in his first meet, but he did ok. Actually, he did better than i thought he would given his introduction to concrete in race one.

I don't care whether he comes 1st or 21st. I am stoked that a guy who was top shelf in MotoGP actually wants to have a crack in V8 Supercars. Everyone else sees intent on dragging the guy down. That's what annoys me. Tall poppy syndrome is alive and well it seems...
Old 2 Apr 2013, 23:12 (Ref:3228290)   #128
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I wonder how WP are going at shifting their 5 Project Blueprint VE's.. they have been on My105.com, in AA, on Australian Muscle Car Sales... and still no bites!

Prices too high? Cars to slow? Teams worried about getting 'the real deal'?

In the old days of WP obsession, these cars would have been snapped up well before the end of year. Now they seem to be dustcatchers at Clayton
Old 2 Apr 2013, 23:46 (Ref:3228300)   #129
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
maybe they need to throw one out in DVS with a decent driver to show if they can or cannot (for their sake can) mix it with the big boys in the DVS.
Old 14 Apr 2013, 06:28 (Ref:3233745)   #130
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So... after a long hiatus, these happy little Vegemites are back out to play in Perth in a few weeks time...

Wonder how Mr Stoner might like the track, the downhill stuff.. a gritty surface..

Should be good fun to watch..
Old 16 Apr 2013, 05:05 (Ref:3235033)   #131
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
#67 In for Perth?

Old 16 Apr 2013, 05:08 (Ref:3235035)   #132
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
#67 In for Perth?

As the rest of the teams start work on making their cars look like they are in Mad Max for protection.
Old 16 Apr 2013, 10:28 (Ref:3235211)   #133
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
As the rest of the teams start work on making their cars look like they are in Mad Max for protection.
Story Here
Old 18 Apr 2013, 20:30 (Ref:3236359)   #134
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Wonder who might replace Mr Mostert in the MWM Falcon in Perth?

Their FB page yesterday hinted at them getting a new driver, didnt imagine from that that a driver change to the main game would cause such a thing...
Old 19 Apr 2013, 06:16 (Ref:3236489)   #135
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Wonder who might replace Mr Mostert in the MWM Falcon in Perth?

Their FB page yesterday hinted at them getting a new driver, didnt imagine from that that a driver change to the main game would cause such a thing...
Steve Owen to MWM

Can he win the title a 3rd time?
Old 22 Apr 2013, 08:57 (Ref:3237773)   #136
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
It seems EMS is expanding, taking on another ex-Tekno VE.. for Mr Perkins to steer in Perth...

Surprised this isnt on AdCafe as yet...
Old 22 Apr 2013, 09:09 (Ref:3237782)   #137
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mr Noonan via his V8 Slueth Facebook page was suggesting something along those lines.
Old 23 Apr 2013, 11:24 (Ref:3238344)   #138
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
It seems EMS is expanding, taking on another ex-Tekno VE.. for Mr Perkins to steer in Perth...

Surprised this isnt on AdCafe as yet...

Mr Eggleston's team taking delivery of the 2nd 2012 Tekno VE..
Old 30 Apr 2013, 21:30 (Ref:3241132)   #139
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Steve Owen to MWM

Can he win the title from here?
Old 30 Apr 2013, 22:43 (Ref:3241157)   #140
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think he'll give it a good crack.
Old 4 May 2013, 04:59 (Ref:3242466)   #141
Backagain
Racer

Backagain has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
OOOPS Casey forgot there is a big chunk of metal to the left of the seat.
Old 4 May 2013, 05:16 (Ref:3242476)   #142
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Mr Walsh doing a great job to win R1 !
Old 5 May 2013, 23:21 (Ref:3243289)   #143
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Appears to be a very steep llearning curve for Casey Stoner...
Old 6 May 2013, 00:17 (Ref:3243304)   #144
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
Appears to be a very steep llearning curve for Casey Stoner...
And a reasonable volume of whinging about other blokes' 'excessive blocking'.. Seems they just dont move over a full car width when they see Mr Stoner coming.. No race craft lacking or anything.

I guess the world is against him. In a new category this time...
Old 6 May 2013, 00:42 (Ref:3243310)   #145
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Best car, Best and biggest support crew. back of the pack. lucky the sponsorship deal is so good
Old 6 May 2013, 07:58 (Ref:3243403)   #146
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Interesting to see the SupaShock damper brand sticker on the MSR Falcon of Mr Walsh too. This is an engineering project from Mr Fiorinotto's group... and if in full flight, seems to be working to good effect for that team.
Old 6 May 2013, 11:26 (Ref:3243497)   #147
HDTVKSS
Veteran

HDTVKSS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I welcome any of his detractors to jump on Pol Esparago's Kalex and see how they run after 5 practices and 2 races in the next Moto 2 Race.

After all, it is ONLY the 2nd tier series, and its the best equipment, so they should be straight on the mark and winning yes?

that too tough for you? ok, you can try WSBK if you please? an Aprillia good enough equipment for you? ....

It takes time. Theres huge media beat up and for the most part Stoner has been pretty realistic and laid back about it all. no commitments and has been pretty open that he has a lot to learn. if you had the opportunity to race for the best team out there, who honestly would turn down the chance?

the other teams and drivers should be stoked that his presence has raised the viewership by i would imagine a large percentage, which in turn increases the viewership their sponsors get to see on the TV.
Old 6 May 2013, 11:45 (Ref:3243505)   #148
formerf1champ
Veteran

Australia
Vettel's gearbox preparing bench
formerf1champ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTVKSS View Post
I welcome any of his detractors to jump on Pol Esparago's Kalex and see how they run after 5 practices and 2 races in the next Moto 2 Race.

After all, it is ONLY the 2nd tier series, and its the best equipment, so they should be straight on the mark and winning yes?

that too tough for you? ok, you can try WSBK if you please? an Aprillia good enough equipment for you? ....

It takes time. Theres huge media beat up and for the most part Stoner has been pretty realistic and laid back about it all. no commitments and has been pretty open that he has a lot to learn. if you had the opportunity to race for the best team out there, who honestly would turn down the chance?

the other teams and drivers should be stoked that his presence has raised the viewership by i would imagine a large percentage, which in turn increases the viewership their sponsors get to see on the TV.
Unless he just wants to have fun, you'd have to be a brain dead idiot for thinking you can start your car racing career in a 600hp V8sc, particularly if you think you are going to be anything but laughable.

Nobody posting on here would start their motorbke racing career straight in wsbk. But they go on a 125/250cc production class or similar (I don't know the exact classes).

The DS is getting some attention, nut it's only Stoner that's getting it. (Who cares about Ash Walsh or Kristian Lindbom?)
Old 6 May 2013, 11:50 (Ref:3243509)   #149
Umai Naa
Veteran

Only saw the first race on the weekend, but it seemed that all interest was lost in him, after he tripped over Mr Owen, and subsequently carted the pair of them off the track.
Old 6 May 2013, 12:34 (Ref:3243524)   #150
rik
Veteran

rik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by formerf1champ View Post
Nobody posting on here would start their motorbke racing career straight in wsbk. But they go on a 125/250cc production class or similar (I don't know the exact classes).
Michael Schumacher competed in the German National SBK championship...