Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Closed Thread

Old 4 Apr 2015, 00:41 (Ref:3523603)   #126
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I haven't read the entire thread, as to be honest I find the discussion to fit my opinion about the grid girls:
When thinking about it, I cannot remember noticing the grid girls at Le Mans or when watching Motorsport in TV.
So, I really don't care about the grid girls being replaced, or missing entirely. I'm there to watch the cars not the girls.
So I personally find this discussion "pointless" as we, as "hardcore" fans really won't miss them at all.
Old 4 Apr 2015, 00:57 (Ref:3523604)   #127
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!
With all respect to Shea she didn't do a very good job showing how the first part of that story connected to the second. Maybe she has a good point but I didn't get it there. It sounded like it would be the same issue about not expecting women to be looking for certain jobs whether or not others exist or not.
Old 4 Apr 2015, 01:07 (Ref:3523607)   #128
Hiro
Racer

Hiro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think grid girls are kind of spice. Spice is needed for the main dish.
Old 4 Apr 2015, 01:07 (Ref:3523608)   #129
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
I haven't read the entire thread

So I personally find this discussion "pointless" as we, as "hardcore" fans really won't miss them at all.
Sadly thread seems to have revealed the true hardcoreness of some fans at least.
Old 4 Apr 2015, 01:12 (Ref:3523609)   #130
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyronnezx View Post
i cannot believe WEC is stupid to allow the FIA to do this.
It's funny how literally everything has been automatically FIA's fault ever since Jan 1, 2012.
Old 4 Apr 2015, 01:17 (Ref:3523610)   #131
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:

i cannot believe WEC is stupid to allow the FIA to do this.
If this was a FIA initiative you'd see it happening all across their series. The fact that the WEC is at the forefront of this should tell you that the series organizers are behind it and not the FIA.

I can only applaud the decision. The WEC has a fantastic female role model in Leena Gade who shows that female racing careers can be more than holding a board in a short dress for the enjoyment of men.

Last but not least, the decision makes plenty of sense marketing wise. The WEC wants to be seen as the progressive and modern series who does things differently and in a way that is relevant to today's society. This decision perfectly fits the bill.
Old 4 Apr 2015, 01:27 (Ref:3523612)   #132
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
I haven't read the entire thread, as to be honest I find the discussion to fit my opinion about the grid girls:
When thinking about it, I cannot remember noticing the grid girls at Le Mans or when watching Motorsport in TV.
So, I really don't care about the grid girls being replaced, or missing entirely. I'm there to watch the cars not the girls.
I agree this is s pointless discussion as it relates to the on track product and possibly an event experience, but this is obviously a discussion about a bigger picture, which just so happens to involve Motorsport.
Old 4 Apr 2015, 03:06 (Ref:3523619)   #133
tyronnezx
Racer

Sri Lanka
New Zealand
tyronnezx has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
It's funny how literally everything has been automatically FIA's fault ever since Jan 1, 2012.
No Deggis. It's their fault since killing group C off
Old 4 Apr 2015, 05:06 (Ref:3523628)   #134
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
I'm in the motorsport zone when I'm watching motorsport. When I'm in the motorsport zone women don't feature on my radar.

I see alot of high principled commentary across the net about how backward it all is from people who think they see this issue through some kind of feminist lense. Frankly, I see the gradual fall from grace of the "grid girl" as symtomatic of the information age in that we are bombarded with images of dolled up women and therefore the grid girl has become jaded and ordinary for people.
Old 4 Apr 2015, 05:41 (Ref:3523630)   #135
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
No Deggis. It's their fault since killing group C off
Don't get me started on that semi-myth.
Old 4 Apr 2015, 06:53 (Ref:3523649)   #136
Holt
Veteran

United States
Holt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHolt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I dont see the need to get rid of them alltogether.

NASCAR does it right with 'Miss Sprint Cup'. Basically they are NASCAR's gird girls but the difference is they are modestly dressed. No mega cleavage or revealing mini skirts.

Theres nothing wrong with having beautiful women being on the grid. A woman's beauty and charm is one of her assets, in the same way a man's physical strength is one of his.

This doesnt surprise me though, some people nowadays are offended by any media that portrays a woman cooking or cleaning.
Old 4 Apr 2015, 07:41 (Ref:3523658)   #137
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudLightJaguar View Post
Just a moment, I'll prepare my popcorn maker.
Big bucket of salted, please. Do you do bacon flavour?

Old 4 Apr 2015, 07:55 (Ref:3523661)   #138
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudLightJaguar View Post
Just a moment, I'll prepare my popcorn maker.
Why, because you think these developments are entertaining? Personally, I can't see the funny side of a vast totalitairian group infiltrating in, what once was, our open and enlightend societies. To then see armies of politically correct governments and governing bodies(ACO) bow down in dhimmitude to even meat them in their backward and women degrading ways, is just downright shocking.

We all know that these grid girls have a right old laugh when performing their duties at Le Mans or any race(except for chillingly freezing wet days at some English circuits ) and get some very nice pay for it as well. Don't forget it's quite the thing to boast about among young ladies to be able to say you were on the grid of the famous Le Mans 24 hours.
So, at least 24 women are not gonna have a handsome wad of cash thanks to the hypocritical ways of yet another badge of board derictives who think they can fool us into thinking that enjoying our eyes on pretty ladies is a very, very bad thing to do.
Old 4 Apr 2015, 08:11 (Ref:3523665)   #139
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
It's my Easter holiday and today I hoped to sleep in a little but unfortunately was wide awake t my usual time so got up and decided to see what was happening in the motorsport world.
Thanks to ten pages of this I will now head off back to bed for a snooze.
The benefits of Ten Tenths just keep showing in different ways!
Old 4 Apr 2015, 08:18 (Ref:3523670)   #140
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holt View Post
I dont see the need to get rid of them alltogether.

NASCAR does it right with 'Miss Sprint Cup'. Basically they are NASCAR's gird girls but the difference is they are modestly dressed. No mega cleavage or revealing mini skirts.

Theres nothing wrong with having beautiful women being on the grid. A woman's beauty and charm is one of her assets, in the same way a man's physical strength is one of his.

This doesnt surprise me though, some people nowadays are offended by any media that portrays a woman cooking or cleaning.
The problem is that this is not really about the grid girls at all. It's about one very vocal and politically correct group imposing their will on the rest. One can now watch them take their victory lap on twitter and forums. They are celebrating a comprehensive victory. They feel good about themselves, have demonized all that disagree, and imposed their will. All round victory.
Old 4 Apr 2015, 08:28 (Ref:3523676)   #141
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour View Post
So, at least 24 women are not gonna have a handsome wad of cash thanks to the hypocritical ways of yet another badge of board directives who think they can fool us into thinking that enjoying our eyes on pretty ladies is a very, very bad thing to do.
It's not a bad thing, it's the time and place that is in question.

Would it be appropriate to have girls revealing outfits handing out flyers at the supermarket for example?

People seem to be confusing WEC's decision to not have grid girls at their 'family friendly' events with a worldwide ban on smut. Come on chaps, it's not as if we are short of ways to look at T & A.
Old 4 Apr 2015, 08:35 (Ref:3523681)   #142
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Has there been any comments from the girls, as to how they feel about loss of income, lack of exposure etc. Sorry, poor choice of words.
I mean, they all paid top dollar to have those boob jobs done, to earn money flaunting their assets. Now the mean old WEC has taken their line of income away. They could probably attempt some sort of legal action like restraint of trade.
Old 4 Apr 2015, 10:15 (Ref:3523701)   #143
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
lisa crampton made a solid point that none of you are thinking about:
Quote:
@_LCC7: May I just add that it's not grid girls which are the point here - it's what's broadcast to the masses in terms of Women in Motorsport.
this is what you guys don't get. it's hard to get into the sport when you're not a guy. you have a decent proportion of management 'worried about having a girl on the team' (actual words that i've heard) when they employ 3 in conventional female roles and 'don't like the extra cost' of having to book an extra hotel room. then you have the traditional male phobias of 'woman troubles' and not being able to make sexist jokes and lewd comments because theres a lady present.

so reducing the 'token fluff' quota of women is great from that point of view. neither gender should be used as token fluff. you only need to check out the side panel of the daily mail website to see an example of the self-image hate that both women and men get from the media. taking a step away from that is great.

ps. i hope i don't fall under the radical feminist banner. i'm just trying to get taken seriously as an employee. i want little girls to see the great women running the sport in team and organiser shirts and not wonder why they're not wearing high heels and carrying a flag.
Old 4 Apr 2015, 10:31 (Ref:3523705)   #144
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Interesting how feminists and Muslims have been "blamed" for this (as well as the FIA...and the ACO).

That only proves to me how confused some people are about this. Change the P2 regulations and people are unhappy, take away the grass at Le Mans and people complain, but if you really want to rile some people, take away a bit of leg and cleavage from the grid.

I've read a few posts which appear to suggest that this is the feminist's fault for wanting us to live in a world where women are covered up. That's an incredibly outdated view of feminism - if it was ever accurate at all. This isn't to do with what women wear, but it is to do with their roles and why they're wearing what they wear. Google "Free the Nipple".

It might be different if these girls did something which required talent. No - it most definitely would be different. I have zero interest in cheerleaders either and I find that concept strange as well, but at least what they do requires an incredible amount of skill and hard work. They're dancers, and they're not being objectified in the same way as a glorified flag pole.
Old 4 Apr 2015, 10:38 (Ref:3523706)   #145
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
It might be different if these girls did something which required talent. No - it most definitely would be different. I have zero interest in cheerleaders either and I find that concept strange as well, but at least what they do requires an incredible amount of skill and hard work. They're dancers, and they're not being objectified in the same way as a glorified flag pole.
exactly. if somebody is employed in a sport where their only function is to look pretty or handsome, we have a problem.
Old 4 Apr 2015, 10:41 (Ref:3523707)   #146
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Actually I blame it on the "professionally offended".
Old 4 Apr 2015, 10:46 (Ref:3523709)   #147
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
lisa crampton made a solid point that none of you are thinking about:
i want little girls to see the great women running the sport in team and organiser shirts and not wonder why they're not wearing high heels and carrying a flag.
Being a father of two beautiful (now grown) daughters, I am quite sure that given the choices of flags and high heels vs. clipboards and headphones when they were little girls, they would have chose flags and heels.
Old 4 Apr 2015, 10:54 (Ref:3523710)   #148
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post
Being a father of two beautiful (now grown) daughters, I am quite sure that given the choices of flags and high heels vs. clipboards and headphones when they were little girls, they would have chose flags and heels.
Indeed! My daughter would have too. Sadly they will not rest until their right to choose is no longer. We will all get browbeaten into group think.
Old 4 Apr 2015, 11:00 (Ref:3523712)   #149
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
fascinating. i (and my best friends) grew up without being given the pink girly dialogue and spent my summer holidays holding toy car races. i liked the pioneer branded f40 the best so i made it win all the time. think i have a future in wec management?

one bestie is the daughter of a rally mechanic, and she grew up on motocross bikes. the other wanted to be in motorsport engineering for as long as she can remember. my best friend 10 years ago was also the daughter of a mechanic and also grew up around cars and racing. when you don't expose little girls to traditionally little girl things, they don't go out of their way to find it.
Old 4 Apr 2015, 11:02 (Ref:3523713)   #150
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
..and that is Fantastic!.....but it is their choice!
Closed Thread