Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 9 Nov 2015, 10:47 (Ref:3589225)   #126
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
I'm very sorry to hear this Christopher!
Will this mean you won't be camping with the danes this year in the same spot as the last years?
Hi Brix, yes it looks as though we won't be in the spot we've occupied for the last five years.
Hopefully this is just a temporary blip.
Now comes the task of finding somewhere to put my caravan over race weekend.
Old 9 Nov 2015, 19:01 (Ref:3589298)   #127
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
OMG never thought tickets through agency's would sell this quick. I new I was late, but when I called them today to put in my order I got the last three HA tickets. Only because they had a cancelation. Le Mans is more popilar than ever. If you still haven't ordered you tickets DO IT NOW before it's to late.
Old 9 Nov 2015, 19:57 (Ref:3589307)   #128
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpy View Post
Hi Brix, yes it looks as though we won't be in the spot we've occupied for the last five years.
Hopefully this is just a temporary blip.
Now comes the task of finding somewhere to put my caravan over race weekend.
You can ask Kenn, if you don't mind some other danes?
Old 9 Nov 2015, 20:40 (Ref:3589319)   #129
vyselegend
Racer

France
Paris, France
vyselegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WARNING! ARNAGE CAMPING IN TROUBLE

Hi people! It's been a veeery long time I didn't post here, but I wanted to share some bad news I heard today, as it might change your plans too.

For some years local autorities have talked about revamping the Arnage corner to make a roundabout, which was stressful but luckily won't happen. However, they finally decided to make the traffic circle a few meters away from the corner, which implies cutting through the Arnage camping/parking site!

Some pics of the public works have leaked, as well as the aproved plan:

I've been camping there for each Le Mans since 2008. Every years it's a bit more difficult to book our places (which is actually a good thing, it means there's more people attending). I'd be very sad to be pushed away from the track, or see places become rare and unaffordable...If anyone has more informations about that please share.

Sorry if it has already been evoked, I'm in a rush and didn't take time to read precedent pages of this thread.
Old 9 Nov 2015, 23:14 (Ref:3589367)   #130
vyselegend
Racer

France
Paris, France
vyselegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Strangely I cannot edit my precedent post. Since pictures hotlinked failed, I repost here:

In case it fails again here's a link

link
Old 10 Nov 2015, 11:18 (Ref:3589461)   #131
JoshuaLeMans
Rookie

JoshuaLeMans should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey guys! My situation has changed completely! We were able to have my operation during Halloween weekend because there were load of cancellations. So I can now announce that I'M GOING TO LE MANS!!

Bought my General Admission for me and my family plus ACO. We are thinking of finding a private campsite for the camping. So looking forward to next year now!
Old 10 Nov 2015, 19:07 (Ref:3589548)   #132
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
OMG never thought tickets through agency's would sell this quick. I new I was late, but when I called them today to put in my order I got the last three HA tickets. Only because they had a cancelation. Le Mans is more popilar than ever. If you still haven't ordered you tickets DO IT NOW before it's to late.
Prebooking bill arrived today, nearly got myself a heartattack. Prices through the agency are expensive. I'm concidering going the ACO way next year.
Old 10 Nov 2015, 20:59 (Ref:3589570)   #133
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaLeMans View Post
Hey guys! My situation has changed completely! We were able to have my operation during Halloween weekend because there were load of cancellations. So I can now announce that I'M GOING TO LE MANS!!

Bought my General Admission for me and my family plus ACO. We are thinking of finding a private campsite for the camping. So looking forward to next year now!
Good news Joshua. You get the operation out of the way and go to Le Mans. See you at the meeting?

Sean
Old 11 Nov 2015, 07:46 (Ref:3589669)   #134
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaLeMans View Post

Great news Joshua, start planning now June will be on us before you know it
Old 11 Nov 2015, 07:53 (Ref:3589672)   #135
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giba View Post
Thanks Kpy, did not expect it to be so much but plenty to think about for next year.
But if you pay the 105 euro's you get the ability to save money on race tickets, camping/grandstands and the ability to use aco facilities, also for 2016 more savings on the classic.
I order 4 sets of tickets/camping and divide the total costs including aco membership by 4 that way everyone actually pays less that they would without aco discounts and we can get two more GE's at the reduced rates
Old 11 Nov 2015, 09:03 (Ref:3589681)   #136
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
But if you pay the 105 euro's you get the ability to save money on race tickets, camping/grandstands and the ability to use aco facilities, also for 2016 more savings on the classic.
I order 4 sets of tickets/camping and divide the total costs including aco membership by 4 that way everyone actually pays less that they would without aco discounts and we can get two more GE's at the reduced rates
Only if you manage to book your tickets Simon! And as you could read, it is more and more difficult!!!
Old 11 Nov 2015, 10:15 (Ref:3589691)   #137
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well i still trust Nadine at the tourist office, i must be near the top of her customer list after 15 years so fingers crossed

Even if you book with an agent for the camping you can still get the discount on GE's when you get there and the classic tickets are much less of a problem so i still think the ACO membership is worth having
Old 11 Nov 2015, 10:45 (Ref:3589695)   #138
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Well i still trust Nadine at the tourist office, i must be near the top of her customer list after 15 years so fingers crossed

Even if you book with an agent for the camping you can still get the discount on GE's when you get there and the classic tickets are much less of a problem so i still think the ACO membership is worth having
And I met Nadine at the Tourisme office. Lovely and charming woman !
Old 11 Nov 2015, 15:05 (Ref:3589739)   #139
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
i have meet here several times and thanked her for her assistance, her daughter also works there
Old 12 Nov 2015, 06:59 (Ref:3589875)   #140
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Most agencies insist that you book 2 GA's for every camping ticket you book to stop you doing that.
For the last few years I have booked our camping and GA's through the agency and Grandstands direct with the ACO
Old 12 Nov 2015, 11:17 (Ref:3589910)   #141
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
Most agencies insist that you book 2 GA's for every camping ticket you book to stop you doing that.
For the last few years I have booked our camping and GA's through the agency and Grandstands direct with the ACO
I was in the understanding GStickets include GA or do they not?
Old 12 Nov 2015, 12:25 (Ref:3589917)   #142
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
They do not
And note that there is no members' discount on grandstand prices.

Last edited by Kpy; 12 Nov 2015 at 12:32. Reason: Addition
Old 12 Nov 2015, 12:29 (Ref:3589918)   #143
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
No, GS tickets are "weekend supplements" to full-week GA tickets.
Old 12 Nov 2015, 13:35 (Ref:3589926)   #144
Kpy
Veteran

UPS delivered my tickets today, well my second choice, Dunlop grandstand, but must be a record for ticket delivery (excluding the "print it yourself versions")
Old 14 Nov 2015, 17:45 (Ref:3590384)   #145
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ticket delivery this early is unheard of, isn't it?
Old 14 Nov 2015, 21:58 (Ref:3590435)   #146
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Surely that was just your 2015 tickets arriving direct from the ACO.
Old 18 Nov 2015, 10:43 (Ref:3591231)   #147
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Just had an email from Nadine, booking OK so just waiting for the debit to go through, my trust was well placed
Old 18 Nov 2015, 13:27 (Ref:3591264)   #148
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Better mail her tomorrow to check, if no word received by then.
Old 18 Nov 2015, 23:00 (Ref:3591352)   #149
Giba
Racer

United Kingdom
Leeds
Giba should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
That's a very good way of doing it and works out for everyone. I'm here talking about getting ACO membership however I'm not sure if I can make it to Le Mans in 2017 *shivers* but hopefully I'll find a way
Old 19 Nov 2015, 13:57 (Ref:3591493)   #150
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Mail received rom the tourist office:
"Bonjour Mr Snel
Find attached the bill of your booking
I will charge the credit card next week and the tickets will be send during december
Best regards
nadine"

So here's to all happy campers over at Tertre Rouge: