Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 26 Jan 2016, 20:46 (Ref:3608260)   #126
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
http://www.racer.com/imsa/item/12553...-racing-lineup

As I've said, don't usually care for drivers and definitely not when on DPs but Rubens was one of my big favs back in the day, that's nice to see him there. Third participation. Wish he would venture outside those rovals too, but guess the domestic stockcars are too busy and/or he doesn't care. He was/is NASCAR fan too so.

Last edited by Deleted; 26 Jan 2016 at 20:52.
Old 26 Jan 2016, 21:15 (Ref:3608271)   #127
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
http://www.racer.com/imsa/item/12553...-racing-lineup

As I've said, don't usually care for drivers and definitely not when on DPs but Rubens was one of my big favs back in the day, that's nice to see him there. Third participation. Wish he would venture outside those rovals too, but guess the domestic stockcars are too busy and/or he doesn't care. He was/is NASCAR fan too so.
Good pickup.

Alkamel has also been signed on to provide timing and scoring for 2016 as well. Hope they come up with a good product for IMSA.
Old 26 Jan 2016, 21:22 (Ref:3608276)   #128
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Alkamel has also been signed on to provide timing and scoring for 2016 as well. Hope they come up with a good product for IMSA.
imsa.alkamelsystems.com returns a 401 right now, hopefully a work in progress. I hope they'll do the same for IMSA as they do with the timing data for ELMS and WEC.
Old 26 Jan 2016, 21:24 (Ref:3608279)   #129
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
imsa.alkamelsystems.com returns a 401 right now, hopefully a work in progress. I hope they'll do the same for IMSA as they do with the timing data for ELMS and WEC.
That is my hope as well, the imsa t&s always left me wanting more.
Old 26 Jan 2016, 21:28 (Ref:3608280)   #130
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Impressive!
Old 26 Jan 2016, 21:33 (Ref:3608282)   #131
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
I like these types of stories about individual chassis:

http://www.racer.com/imsa/item/12552...hare-ligier-p2

One of the Oak cars from Le Mans last year is making it's second race appearance - this time in the hands of ESM at Daytona. Then the car will be used by Shank at Le Mans in June.
Old 26 Jan 2016, 23:20 (Ref:3608299)   #132
db9spotter
Racer

France
near Toulouse
db9spotter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddb9spotter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Vantage GT3 chassis number

I try to list all the Aston Martin Vantage V12 GT3 by their chassis number and races made

Is it possible for those who have the chance to approach the cars, to collect for me the chassis number of the Vantage GT3 #98 Aston Martin Racing Team

Chassis number is visible on the bottom left of the windshield.
It is found in this format : AMRVANTAGEGT3-XXX

Thanks for your help

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=143190
https://www.facebook.com/Aston-Marti...3838931179807/

Last edited by db9spotter; 26 Jan 2016 at 23:38.
Old 26 Jan 2016, 23:42 (Ref:3608302)   #133
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Magnus released their "traditional" pre-season video. It's their best yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn9s...ature=youtu.be

The possum killed me, much like a Porsche 911 GT America.
Old 27 Jan 2016, 00:30 (Ref:3608308)   #134
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Ballast! Celebration of Ballast!

You just have to love this team.
Old 27 Jan 2016, 00:42 (Ref:3608311)   #135
Louie Loper
Veteran

United States
Nebraska
Louie Loper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
Ballast! Celebration of Ballast!

You just have to love this team.
I actually follow Ballast on Twitter. https://twitter.com/ballastpossum
Old 27 Jan 2016, 01:03 (Ref:3608312)   #136
crooky
Racer

crooky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcrooky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is there any UK TV coverage of the race this year?

Checked Motors TV and can't see anything all weekend.
Old 27 Jan 2016, 01:32 (Ref:3608316)   #137
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMan View Post

That was great, I hope the whole season is Lego
Old 27 Jan 2016, 02:54 (Ref:3608327)   #138
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
2016 Rolex 24 at Daytona

Quote:

I just saw that somewhere else. Brilliant absolutely brilliant. Day night day night day night day night. . Magnus have awesome PR. May it never end.
Old 27 Jan 2016, 09:35 (Ref:3608375)   #139
optica
Racer

United Kingdom
Bucks
optica should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridoptica should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridoptica should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crooky View Post
Is there any UK TV coverage of the race this year?

Checked Motors TV and can't see anything all weekend.
Live streaming should be available worldwide http://www.fanschoice.tv/
Old 27 Jan 2016, 10:11 (Ref:3608387)   #140
crooky
Racer

crooky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcrooky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by optica View Post
Live streaming should be available worldwide http://www.fanschoice.tv/
Right ok thanks for that.
Old 27 Jan 2016, 10:37 (Ref:3608393)   #141
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:

That was brilliant. For me the killer was Liam Dwyer's skit, I wondered if they were going to "go there" because of the minifigs but I suppose it didn't matter if Liam suggested it himself!
Old 27 Jan 2016, 11:58 (Ref:3608421)   #142
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That Magnus video is indeed their best yet. Just showed my young sons it and they loved it! This the sort of thing that could get more interest in the youth / future fans while still appealing to the old farts as well.

Good stuff!
Old 27 Jan 2016, 15:16 (Ref:3608484)   #143
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
So does anybody else think it is weird that there is no track time for the big guys until the day of qualifying?
Old 27 Jan 2016, 15:30 (Ref:3608486)   #144
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
nasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
P and PC previewed http://nasportscar.com/what-to-expec...imsa-p-and-pc/
Old 27 Jan 2016, 15:53 (Ref:3608492)   #145
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
So does anybody else think it is weird that there is no track time for the big guys until the day of qualifying?
Nope. They just finished up 3 days testing from The Roar. No need to put miles on the car, except for maybe Rissi's 488.
Old 27 Jan 2016, 15:55 (Ref:3608493)   #146
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
Nope. They just finished up 3 days testing from The Roar. No need to put miles on the car, except for maybe Rissi's 488.
Maybe they can sneak it out with the Ferrari Challenge practice!
Old 27 Jan 2016, 17:37 (Ref:3608509)   #147
Louie Loper
Veteran

United States
Nebraska
Louie Loper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pumped. Just realized this is the 50th running.
Old 27 Jan 2016, 17:50 (Ref:3608511)   #148
WolfsburgRS
Veteran

United States
Baltimore, MD
WolfsburgRS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Magnus = brilliant. Absolutely inspired.
Old 27 Jan 2016, 18:52 (Ref:3608522)   #149
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie Loper View Post
Pumped. Just realized this is the 50th running.
I believe this is the 49th running of the actual 24 hour race, since 1974 was cancelled and 1972 was shortened to 6 hours. Daytona considers it the 54th since they count the shorter races starting in 1962.
Old 27 Jan 2016, 19:15 (Ref:3608526)   #150
kevin993
Rookie

kevin993 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by db9spotter View Post
I try to list all the Aston Martin Vantage V12 GT3 by their chassis number and races made

Is it possible for those who have the chance to approach the cars, to collect for me the chassis number of the Vantage GT3 #98 Aston Martin Racing Team

Chassis number is visible on the bottom left of the windshield.
It is found in this format : AMRVANTAGEGT3-XXX

Thanks for your help
Your chassis number is 027. I'll put a photo of the plate and the car out on my twitter -@Rennphoto