Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Old 4 Sep 2003, 09:17 (Ref:707842)   #126
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ooh not THATslow
Old 4 Sep 2003, 09:21 (Ref:707843)   #127
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Peter which paddock did you say you would be in..I've been sent a Parking Green 2 Inside Paddocks pass
Old 4 Sep 2003, 09:54 (Ref:707873)   #128
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Blue. The "Shopping Mall" paddock on the outside of the circuit look at this:
http://www.motorclassic.com/spa/access2.html
Old 4 Sep 2003, 12:15 (Ref:708008)   #129
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I see we're outside with the 'riff raff' the same as last year

I wonder what the long term weather forecast is like
Old 4 Sep 2003, 12:18 (Ref:708010)   #130
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Its actually pretty good. Great view of Eau Rouge and of course the drains don't smell out there. (He said hopefully).

Wouldn't bother re long term forecast. It changes every ten minutes anyway.
Old 4 Sep 2003, 12:19 (Ref:708011)   #131
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
so I'm in the posh paddock am I
Old 4 Sep 2003, 12:21 (Ref:708015)   #132
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Its not bad there Paul but you don't get a view of the circuit. Got a good bar there though.
Old 4 Sep 2003, 13:53 (Ref:708101)   #133
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
you are next to me!! Its a better class of racer inside!!! and most importantly next to the waffle seller and bar!!
Old 4 Sep 2003, 13:56 (Ref:708104)   #134
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally posted by simon drabble
Its a better class of racer inside!!!
@rse.
Old 4 Sep 2003, 15:03 (Ref:708154)   #135
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
as I was saying......!!!!!!!!!
well it is now under a week away and I pick the car up tonight so starting to get quite excited about it
Peter is this your first outing out this year or did you manage to get a testing session in?
Old 4 Sep 2003, 15:06 (Ref:708155)   #136
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
It'll be my first outing since September last year. I'm still in Turkey BTW.
Old 5 Sep 2003, 07:03 (Ref:708809)   #137
simon drabble
Veteran

In Sunny Ankarra? I havent been there for ages, I used to go to Istanbul regularly and Ankarra about 2-3 times a year.
See you at the Beau Site on Thursday!
Having now picked the toy up I am getting very revved up!!!
Old 5 Sep 2003, 07:41 (Ref:708840)   #138
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Its actually quite cool here. The temperature has dropped from a fiarly static 32 to 19 in about two days!

I'm all revved up and I don't pick up my toy until Monday!
Old 5 Sep 2003, 08:13 (Ref:708862)   #139
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
ours is still bereft of Diff . . . . .god know whats going on, but I dont intend keeping my car in the same way.

my guess is we'll be lashing it together in a mad dash to get it ready in time.

Peters spot on, the view from the outside paddock is superb, straight up Eu rouge. there is a bar as well, although its not always open
Old 5 Sep 2003, 09:38 (Ref:708921)   #140
simon drabble
Veteran

the best place is to watch from the roof above the pits, its a public viewing area and you can watch whats happening below as well as Eau Rouge
Old 5 Sep 2003, 10:05 (Ref:708945)   #141
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Actually during the six hours its worth walking tha paths out to the back of the circuit. There are some interesting corners out there.
Old 5 Sep 2003, 10:22 (Ref:708954)   #142
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Ive been up on the roof, by the podium.
not ventured right out and round the circuit yet though . . .are there liquid refreshment stops out there?
Old 5 Sep 2003, 10:26 (Ref:708957)   #143
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Don't recall any "stops" I'm afraid. But its worth the walk anyway. If you go into the stands opposite the pits take earplugs. The noise rattles around there like you wouldn't believe!

Last edited by Peter Mallett; 5 Sep 2003 at 10:27.
Old 5 Sep 2003, 10:29 (Ref:708961)   #144
simon drabble
Veteran

apart from GP time I fear you might go thirsty (unless you can blag one from the go kart track!) up by the bus stop (top of the paddock side)is also a good place and within striking distance of beer and chips!
Old 5 Sep 2003, 10:32 (Ref:708965)   #145
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Speaking of which. I still plan on bringing the barby for Saturday evening.
Old 5 Sep 2003, 12:29 (Ref:709067)   #146
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
not sure whats going on Sat eve as Les is racing Sunday morning, but I'm not
Old 6 Sep 2003, 11:43 (Ref:710020)   #147
glyn parham
Racer

United Kingdom
Strood
glyn parham should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Zefarelly, there is a refreshement area as you walk around the outside of Stavelot (just before it rejoins the public road), it may be open for your meeting, it always is for the 24 hour race and used to sell mulled wine as well as frites, bier de belge and cafe au lait.
Also worth standing on the outside of the entrance into Les Combe chicane, you will son get a handle on who is quick on the run up from Radillon.
I would love to join you for the weekend, but some swine booked up the Beau Site and I cannot get in.

Last edited by glyn parham; 6 Sep 2003 at 11:46.
Old 8 Sep 2003, 11:50 (Ref:711717)   #148
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
well we're all ready to roll . . .Ive even got some grip matting for my tool box to stop all the spanners rattling around in the boot when I go round corners !

must remember to pack sanding discs for bug removal, if Peters lapping in under 2 minutes we're going to need them
Old 8 Sep 2003, 18:39 (Ref:712195)   #149
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Some hope! But the car is now at home and after a business meeting tomorrow, mmy Wednesday will be taken up with packing, the car, unpacking it to check whether my licence is where I put it, re packing it only to find I'm not sure if I packed my overalls etc.
Old 9 Sep 2003, 07:36 (Ref:712726)   #150
simon drabble
Veteran

2 mins? do you mean 3 mins??!! Even sub 3 mins is a very good time (pole for the 6 Hour would normally be around 2.50 with section M tyres), whats your record time Peter?