Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Closed Thread

Old 21 Mar 2004, 22:10 (Ref:914345)   #126
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Martin etal, the points you are making about kids and guests in the garages and the pit lane is something we as marshals have been mentioning to be a problem for sometime now (but that is a point for another thread)

All in all I had a great day yesterday, sand-blasting by the wind not-withstanding.
Old 21 Mar 2004, 23:03 (Ref:914413)   #127
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by martinparsons
Good points about the pit problems raised in previous messages.
The thing I found very worrying was the several small children running around in our garage area, i've nothing against kids, but a garage full of fuel, heavy equipment and race cars !! Its up to not only the officials but also the teams to put a stop to guests bringing children into the garages before there is a nasty accident.

MP
Martin, as a Chief Pit Marshal I am conscious of the dangers of children and pit lanes. Can I refer you to clause B.18.2 of the Blue Book which states "Warning, the Pits (i.e. garages) and Pit Lane are areas of potential danger and great care should be exercised at all times. Children under the age of 16 years are not allowed in these areas".

I'll PM you if I may with my further comments on this subject.

Sheila
Old 22 Mar 2004, 08:01 (Ref:914712)   #128
james tucker
Racer

james tucker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ian its not a championship, its a bunch of like minded people wanting to enjoy a days racing, most are directors of large companies who have to deal with clipboard mentality
every day. It would have been good for someone to come down to the prizegiving and said a few words of wisdom rather than making them sit outside the headmasters office for 2 hours and f------up everybodies day. At Brands the EERC has rented the circuit and maybe we should have the choise in future, I am sure you need us or maybe you dont.
Old 22 Mar 2004, 08:10 (Ref:914714)   #129
loungelizard
Rookie

loungelizard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
James, why were the drivers up at the C of C ?
Old 22 Mar 2004, 08:39 (Ref:914741)   #130
archibold
Racer

United Kingdom
London
archibold should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi James and all

Thanks for a great day, as new boys we learnt a lot and hopefully didn't get in the way too much. Like the rest of the field we were pulled for speeding in the pit lane but as we were doing 55 kp/h it's a fair cop, our guess at 2000rpm in 2nd was obviously out

Not sure what people are referring too re pit chaos, we kept an eye on the other teams in the pit and all came in on different laps, no problems...

I don't think it is fair to be too harsh on the teams during re-fueling they can't marshall other peoples on lookers and fuel the car. Also please remember not all crews are professional/experienced teams so they will not all be as well drilled as the Rouse crew and other professional teams.

Thanks for a great day,

Paul
Old 22 Mar 2004, 08:49 (Ref:914755)   #131
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Anyone recognize the chap holding the wheel?

Handsome chap isn't he!
Attached Thumbnails
109_0951.jpg  
Old 22 Mar 2004, 09:03 (Ref:914762)   #132
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ian, I missed the last race-that has shut me up then! No major damage James? Don't think the MG pit crew were too happy...and after just a few laps into qualifying as well!!
Attached Images

Old 22 Mar 2004, 09:03 (Ref:914763)   #133
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Championship or not, if the clerks deem that an incident needs to be discussed with a driver, it has to be. If you want to 'do something different' then that is fine, but maybe you should be looking at running your own events (as you are).
Old 22 Mar 2004, 09:05 (Ref:914765)   #134
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
PS...just noticed two young girls watching happily behind the Marcos-say no more!
Old 22 Mar 2004, 10:53 (Ref:914870)   #135
james tucker
Racer

Ian we dont want to run our own events.....
But do see a need for a change so that people want to race
in the UK can do it under the same friendly atmospher as the Ring..
If they dont get that they will and have asked to go somewere else, its that simple.
james
Old 22 Mar 2004, 10:55 (Ref:914873)   #136
james tucker
Racer

Snapper that was not done in the race...
Old 22 Mar 2004, 11:26 (Ref:914906)   #137
archibold
Racer

United Kingdom
London
Snapper

Not sure if a few people stood in the entrance way to the pit causes a problem...more of a problem was the photographers stood in the middle of the pit lane to take photo's ;>

Archibold
Old 22 Mar 2004, 11:43 (Ref:914914)   #138
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
As a first time EERC spectator, I had a good day out, the weather was a little blowy but at least Silverstone has stands where one can hide out. The only critism I have is that once the pit-stops had taken place it was difficult to work out the positions of the cars, with there being no gaps in the on-track action (lots of cars, short circuit) hearing the tannoy was impossible. I seem to recall that JT had mentioned on this forum (or similar) that there was an official scoreboard available for EERC events, if this had been positioned in front of the Woodcote stands (where the vast majority of spectators were) then everything would have been right with the world.

When's the next round?

Last edited by Guy Humpage; 22 Mar 2004 at 11:46.
Old 22 Mar 2004, 12:19 (Ref:914962)   #139
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Brands....
Old 22 Mar 2004, 12:21 (Ref:914966)   #140
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by archibold
Snapper

Not sure if a few people stood in the entrance way to the pit causes a problem...more of a problem was the photographers stood in the middle of the pit lane to take photo's ;>

Archibold
Actually, they would pose a problem. Guests are generally not "signed on" and therefore there is an insurance problem should they be injured (or worse) whilst in a place where they are not meant to be.

Photographers (offical ones) are "signed on" as media and accept the same risks as marshals and drivers.

Sheila
Old 22 Mar 2004, 12:43 (Ref:914992)   #141
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Archibold, A pitlane is a dangerous place when racing/track days are using them. As a photogrpher of millions of years taking pictures-I think I know what I'm doing in such areas. MOST photographers of any cred' also know how to work in a pitlane-seemingly more than some others and drivers. Whilst sitting in the confines of your nice warm car just remember that the crews are working hard flying about in and out of the pit with tyres, tools, fuel, air-lines etc-NO place for a child or anyone else who knows **** all about such places...or are you just pulling my leg?
Old 22 Mar 2004, 12:45 (Ref:914995)   #142
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
James I'm confused. You choose to run a series with a 40kph speed limit rather than the 60kph which most other championships use and then you complain when the rules are applied? What do you want to happen?

Secondly, most of the complaints we see from drivers on ten-tenths relate to other drivers not being reprimanded for on-track incidents such as contact, passing under yellows etc. yet, you seem to indicate that you don't want this to happen.

As you've seen fit to air your criticism publically perhaps you'd like to expain how you think the regulations should be applied (bearing in mind the need for consistency?) as I'm certainly a touch confused by all of this.
Old 22 Mar 2004, 13:09 (Ref:915021)   #143
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Whoops just tried to edit but left it too late....wanted to say....

James why don't you run your series with a permanent clerk so that you have more input - of course the clerk will still be licenced by the MSA and will have to enforce the Blue Book regulations but it might suit you better?
Old 22 Mar 2004, 13:12 (Ref:915025)   #144
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Excellent points from Sheila, Baz and Piglet I think.
Old 22 Mar 2004, 13:18 (Ref:915035)   #145
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by archibold
Snapper

Archibold
As one of the official snappers this weekend (and a regular pit marshal for the BGT's), I can say that from all my experience, the photographers of time know to be and ARE aware of what is happening at all times around them. The hangers on often think they are out of the way, but arn't.

The ONLY place to spectate from is the "enclosures" trackside and never from the garage or pit wall.
Old 22 Mar 2004, 13:29 (Ref:915049)   #146
archibold
Racer

United Kingdom
London
Quote:
Originally posted by Snapper Baz
Archibold, A pitlane is a dangerous place when racing/track days are using them. As a photogrpher of millions of years taking pictures-I think I know what I'm doing in such areas. MOST photographers of any cred' also know how to work in a pitlane-seemingly more than some others and drivers. Whilst sitting in the confines of your nice warm car just remember that the crews are working hard flying about in and out of the pit with tyres, tools, fuel, air-lines etc-NO place for a child or anyone else who knows **** all about such places...or are you just pulling my leg?
Of course I'm pulling your leg hence the ";>" on the end of the post !

Archibold
Old 22 Mar 2004, 13:31 (Ref:915053)   #147
jase
Veteran

Ah! it looked like a mis-key to me
Old 22 Mar 2004, 13:32 (Ref:915056)   #148
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Archibold, I think you meant to type ; followed by ) which would have given
Old 22 Mar 2004, 13:41 (Ref:915066)   #149
Piglet
Veteran

Yeah but anyway you snappers are dispensible anyway....

(you know I'm only joking boys and girl!)
Old 22 Mar 2004, 14:24 (Ref:915139)   #150
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I felt like I was going to be blown into traffic a few times
Attached Thumbnails
bcx.jpg  

Last edited by PaulSands; 22 Mar 2004 at 14:24.