Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 24 Sep 2003, 09:18 (Ref:728504)   #126
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
You need to apply for tickets now if you want anything other than General Admission. GA tickets are available on the door.

You can either apply for Camping and Grandstand tickets from the ACO or from tickets agencies. Ticket agencies such as Just Tickets are more expensive but seem to me to be a more reliable source as the ACO dont seem to notify who has tickets until a couple of weeks before the race.
Old 24 Sep 2003, 09:36 (Ref:728520)   #127
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
do you have to pay now?
Old 24 Sep 2003, 09:42 (Ref:728528)   #128
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This year I noticed there was a lot of activity on eBay (I assume this is usual)
Is this a good option or does the mark-up tend to be astronomical?
Old 24 Sep 2003, 11:50 (Ref:728630)   #129
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No you don't have to pay now. You will get an invoice later on. I agree about the ACO, unless you are going to pick up the tickets when you get there, they always wait til 2 days before you leave to send them out and you could have a heart attack from suspense. I'd buy mine from a scalper, er, ticket agent, just to be certain I got them on time.
Old 24 Sep 2003, 14:12 (Ref:728754)   #130
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
If you order your ticket to ACO, don't let them send it to you by mail : get it at the Welcome desk, nearby the museum ; you'll prevent this way the heart attack Liz mentionned above...

ACO is not able to answer to your GS or camping tickets now : they'll send you a letter, saying they'll reply few months before the race...
Old 24 Sep 2003, 14:16 (Ref:728758)   #131
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
OK so for the bears of very little brain what do I need to order now?
General Enclosure and ?
When does ACO membership run from until?
If I was to join now would I need to renew in January?
Old 24 Sep 2003, 15:26 (Ref:728808)   #132
iucrmh
Racer

iucrmh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by PaulSands
When does ACO membership run from until?
If I was to join now would I need to renew in January?
It runs for a year from when you join, i.e. you won't need to rejoin in January.
Old 24 Sep 2003, 16:04 (Ref:728830)   #133
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
You can buy general enclosure on the door. If you want Grandstand and Camping you will need to order straight away. If you order from an agency they may insist on you buying the General enclosure at the same time.
Old 25 Sep 2003, 05:56 (Ref:729383)   #134
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by PaulSands
OK so for the bears of very little brain what do I need to order now?
Grandtstands and camping tickets.

Forget the General enclosure...
Old 1 Oct 2003, 15:25 (Ref:736827)   #135
Bigwigg
Rookie

Bigwigg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm still hung-over from Bentley's incredible victory! And you guys are planning next years event! It wont be the same without the Speed 8......
Old 1 Oct 2003, 15:27 (Ref:736830)   #136
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
This is the event, my friend ! Were you there ?

And welcome to the forum !
Old 1 Oct 2003, 15:46 (Ref:736844)   #137
Bigwigg
Rookie

Bigwigg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cheers!

I couldn't make this years race(NOT HAPPY), Gutted at missing a historic victory and race...
Old 1 Oct 2003, 15:54 (Ref:736851)   #138
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by Bigwigg
Cheers!

I couldn't make this years race(NOT HAPPY), Gutted at missing a historic victory and race...
There will be more ! And Le Mans is part of history, anyway...
Old 2 Oct 2003, 06:07 (Ref:737503)   #139
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
According to Autoweek and Jérôme Mugnier's site, Ford is planning to build a diesel engine for the next LM races, based on the IRL engine...
Old 2 Oct 2003, 13:34 (Ref:738029)   #140
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
The question is far away beyond my skills : get your current student card (not you Ayse, I mean Paul), they should take it for an "international one", if not a french one...
Sorry to take so long to reply, haven't been on the net for nearly 3 weeks! Even now I'm on a friends computer!

Thanks very much for your troubles! Also does thise mean that we can use our English student cards or do we HAVE to exchange it for an international card and have all the hassle that goes with it???

Thanks again! And hopefully I can get this thing organised once I get back on the net properly!
Old 3 Oct 2003, 05:10 (Ref:738784)   #141
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by paulzinho
Sorry to take so long to reply, haven't been on the net for nearly 3 weeks! Even now I'm on a friends computer!

Thanks very much for your troubles! Also does thise mean that we can use our English student cards or do we HAVE to exchange it for an international card and have all the hassle that goes with it???

Thanks again! And hopefully I can get this thing organised once I get back on the net properly!
They say "international card"... :rolleyes knowing the problems you could have with ACO concerning tickets, be sure to have the right one for the special student's price...
Old 10 Oct 2003, 14:54 (Ref:746390)   #142
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
OK then thanks for your help! I really should get round to organising this at some point! Bloody distractions!
Old 10 Oct 2003, 22:20 (Ref:746767)   #143
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by paulzinho
OK then thanks for your help! I really should get round to organising this at some point! Bloody distractions!
Life! It's what happens while you are planning someting else.
Old 11 Oct 2003, 02:09 (Ref:746910)   #144
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: 2004 Le Mans 24 Heures

Quote:
Originally posted by Craig Antill
Well this time last year I posted the following having just returned from LM
And now you can make plans for '04. The following comes from an e-mail I received from the Club Arnage mailing list.

2004 Le Mans "Diary Dates" for 2004 - from the ACO
10-11 April Motorcycle 24 hours
25 April Test day for 24 Heures du Mans
12-13 June 24 Heures du Mans
24-25 July Le Mans Classic
23-24 October Truck 24 hours - that's right, TRUCKS, probably BIG ONES.
Old 11 Oct 2003, 11:08 (Ref:747108)   #145
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by thebear

Yep, sounds about right!
Old 11 Oct 2003, 11:42 (Ref:747135)   #146
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
You say ! I'm planning a trip to Goodwood ! Roll on 2004 !
Old 13 Oct 2003, 11:59 (Ref:749402)   #147
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Re: Re: 2004 Le Mans 24 Heures

Quote:

23-24 October Truck 24 hours - that's right, TRUCKS, probably BIG ONES.

I'd keep 'em in the paddock......
Old 16 Oct 2003, 07:51 (Ref:752962)   #148
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
canadian gp on the same weekend. wooh hooh...kdr will be a definite by the side of the track again. I LOVE LE MANS!!

sorry...didn't mean to shout...just excited!
Old 16 Oct 2003, 08:04 (Ref:752969)   #149
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
I have a question about ACO membership. How long does it usually take to receive confirmation after applying?
I applied a couple of weeks back and obvioulsy want to have all the details to hand before I try and order tickets
Old 16 Oct 2003, 10:29 (Ref:753067)   #150
bigh
Racer

bigh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Paul, I assume you're wanting to order ACO grandstand seats, you do not need to be an ACO member to order any other tickets. In fact, there is nowhere on the order form that asks for a membership no.
I would say two weeks is long enough to wait, give them a bell and find out what's happening. It's a long time ago since I first joined and can't remember how long it took for the card to come through, - the annual renewal is very prompt.
H