Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 14 Mar 2005, 16:49 (Ref:1251734)   #126
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just ordered a USB thingy to use on photo mode. I'll be able to store thousands of photos now!
Old 14 Mar 2005, 17:11 (Ref:1251766)   #127
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
How big are the photos?
Old 14 Mar 2005, 17:16 (Ref:1251772)   #128
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
They vary, but it's between 40kb and 80kb for a full screen photo.
Old 14 Mar 2005, 18:18 (Ref:1251823)   #129
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A usb memory stick ???????
Old 14 Mar 2005, 18:21 (Ref:1251829)   #130
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Try a standard BMW M5 around the Nurb with low grip N1 (economy in arcade) 'road' tires.

Post your best lap times here.
Old 14 Mar 2005, 18:26 (Ref:1251831)   #131
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Im just ****ed off cuz i wanted to jump straight in and do Le Mans in a Pescarolo Courage ..... and I cant !!!
Old 14 Mar 2005, 18:41 (Ref:1251839)   #132
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
Im just ****ed off cuz i wanted to jump straight in and do Le Mans in a Pescarolo Courage ..... and I cant !!!
Never played GT3?
Old 14 Mar 2005, 20:49 (Ref:1251965)   #133
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
Just ordered a USB thingy to use on photo mode. I'll be able to store thousands of photos now!
Which one did you order?
Old 14 Mar 2005, 21:03 (Ref:1251982)   #134
Es Nes
Veteran

Es Nes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
They vary, but it's between 40kb and 80kb for a full screen photo.
mine come out between 100k-400k on super fine. photoshops "save for the web" gets them under 250k without losing quality.
Old 14 Mar 2005, 21:15 (Ref:1251992)   #135
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Oooh, that Spirra car from Korea is nice!
The only downside I've found on this game are the load screens, everywhere I go a frickin' load screen!

Last edited by ASCII Man; 14 Mar 2005 at 21:17.
Old 14 Mar 2005, 21:49 (Ref:1252013)   #136
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Heya guys!

I just got GT4 from HMV for £26.99, bargain! (well it was £16.99 after I used the xmas voucher I had stashed)

Im just totally blown away by the Nordschleife, I have been playing that track over and over, have got a 6m 31s time in my 1998 Mercedes AMG CLR.
Shame there is no 1999 CLR...

Tip... Run the back springs of your Lemans prototype really soft, lower the rear ride height, and reduce the bump rebound and watch the sparks fly as it bottoms out over everything!
Old 14 Mar 2005, 22:18 (Ref:1252030)   #137
ASCII Man
Veteran

Nordschleife is scary with the 905...
Old 14 Mar 2005, 23:18 (Ref:1252080)   #138
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
The reason why there is no damage model system in GT4 is because Polyphony could not get permission off all the car manufacturers to implement such a measure, don't forget every manufacturer in GT4 (apart from Porche ) is officially involved with the game, I don't think BMW execs would be too pleased if the leading PS2 driving game allowed you to trash their brand new M3 (which of course then relates to road cars).

The Japanese and US versions of GT4 are harder, as they run 10 frames per second (NTSC 60hz) faster than the European PAL (PAL 50hz) version, as well as any changes Sony made...
The vast majority of US and Jap games run 17.5% faster than PAL versions, unless the PAL version has been optimised (which is a very rare occurance).

Last edited by Sodemo; 14 Mar 2005 at 23:21.
Old 14 Mar 2005, 23:23 (Ref:1252083)   #139
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i throught it was the playstation 2 itself which was faster ...... as i have a japanese playstation and it loads most games faster than my brothers Pal ps2 .......
Old 14 Mar 2005, 23:33 (Ref:1252084)   #140
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Wooshy
i throught it was the playstation 2 itself which was faster ...... as i have a japanese playstation and it loads most games faster than my brothers Pal ps2 .......
It may very well do, it depends on the model.
There have been 3 or 4 component revisions over the 6 years of the PS2 lifespan, the more recent ones have much faster drives.
Also I used to have 2 Playstations, and when playing link-up games the one machine would always load a few seconds earlier than the other.
Old 15 Mar 2005, 01:45 (Ref:1252117)   #141
d-b
Racer

United Kingdom
at home
d-b should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hi there

done Nurburgring in original Beetle (what the hell)

very slow but from inside you can hear the front wheels bouncing around
and it doesn't handle very well

would have done it in the Subaru 360 but it won't go faster than 45 mph so i'd probably fall asleep first (idea for when i have insomnia)

d-b

ps main car at the minute is the slammed Buick (only tuning at minute is 6 speed gearbox as it only has 3 speeds normally)

Last edited by d-b; 15 Mar 2005 at 01:47.
Old 15 Mar 2005, 07:30 (Ref:1252181)   #142
Vicki
Veteran

England
Stoke
Vicki should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridVicki should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ever so slightly O/T, but does anyone know why the Ring is covered in writing? And why are there Zebra Crossings there too? At the minute I'm struggling on the National A licence, test A10. Stupid pace car
Old 15 Mar 2005, 07:58 (Ref:1252190)   #143
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
cause it's probably modern Nurburgring . which is a public road ..

Ciao Marco
Old 15 Mar 2005, 09:17 (Ref:1252224)   #144
x-treme-x
Rookie

England
rainham, essex, england, europe, earth
x-treme-x should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

well last year a group of british marshals went out to nurburgring and wrote something like "british marshals zone 2004" at the carosel <---- is that how you spell it? lol and again they will be there this year same place same time. now does anyone know if the game includes a 1967 shelby gt 500?
Old 15 Mar 2005, 09:20 (Ref:1252226)   #145
flor
Veteran

flor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridflor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrariFanatic
Ever so slightly O/T, but does anyone know why the Ring is covered in writing? And why are there Zebra Crossings there too? At the minute I'm struggling on the National A licence, test A10. Stupid pace car
the fans spray the stuff before the 24hr race
Old 15 Mar 2005, 10:01 (Ref:1252246)   #146
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by x-treme-x
well last year a group of british marshals went out to nurburgring and wrote something like "british marshals zone 2004" at the carosel <---- is that how you spell it? lol and again they will be there this year same place same time. now does anyone know if the game includes a 1967 shelby gt 500?
it's Karusell

Ciao Marco
Old 15 Mar 2005, 10:27 (Ref:1252266)   #147
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
just got the jgtc 350z from last year and it goes so fast 930 bhp weighting about 1050kg (i added a new turbo )
Old 15 Mar 2005, 10:42 (Ref:1252275)   #148
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCII Man
Which one did you order?

Sony 512mb Micro Vault.
Old 15 Mar 2005, 11:54 (Ref:1252321)   #149
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Does anyone know how to really setup cars?

I know the basics of car setup:
downforce is good for slow corners, raise ride height / soften springs for bumpy tracks etc.
But I have no idea what Dampers do, or Rebound, or Bump Rebound, and im not sure how they relate to the other settings...
Old 15 Mar 2005, 13:29 (Ref:1252384)   #150
krt917
Veteran

krt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkrt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
BTW, what is your policy, as it were, with regards to tuning up real life race cars.

In previous GT games I always tuned all cars to the max.

With GT4 however, I think I will leave all of the real life race cars in their standard, true to life tune, if only to get a more realistic impression of the relative speeds of each car.

Also, after playing GT4 prolougue for many months I would highly recommend always keeping a standard version of each road car you have in your garage (with ROAD tires fiited), along with the tuned version. Before prolougue I never realised how much fun you could get out of time trialing standard road cars, fitted with road tires. Very challenging.
I agree. I've liked running standard cars since the very first 'normal' championship in Gran Turismo. It's good for comparison purposes and I sometimes feel some of the upgrades are a bit OTT, though I liked the 'race bodies' you could put onto road cars in GT2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monster
Heya guys!
Im just totally blown away by the Nordschleife, I have been playing that track over and over, have got a 6m 31s time in my 1998 Mercedes AMG CLR.
Shame there is no 1999 CLR...
Seeing as they couldn't stay on the road at Le Mans, chances are they would be flying more than driving at the Nurburgring!

Crawls back to his corner, still frustrated at having to wait to get his hands on the game whilst everyone else has fun.