Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 20 Sep 2005, 16:19 (Ref:1412322)   #126
joe rossi
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
joe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjoe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Glen, thanks for trying to point out the logic to my post, while you got drowned out by the usual cacaphony.

I am unaware when the comments were made by Jacques, but they aren't the first time he has stood up to defend his 2006 contract. I was merely pointing out that if he is so safe in his seat, why does he keep going on about it?

Flash; I have no "agenda" to forward...I like F1, I like all the politics, I like the soap opera element of it all. I have no particular loyalties to any driver, for or against. Personally it won't matter to me if next year Jacques is WDC, at Le Mans or sitting at home playing with his playstation sitting on a bed of cash.

I suggest that maybe when you have been here a bit longer you will realise that this forum often contains heated discussions, but we usually manage to keep them civil and logical...when they descend to this level Adam usually closes them, and we all lose.

I realise you love JV, and you are Canadian, but can'y you calm down a bit?

cheers
Old 20 Sep 2005, 16:19 (Ref:1412323)   #127
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashF1
No Mr. Rossi posted an article that was bull. As for your statement pertaining to Jacques perhaps there is some truth.
don't believe this!

Please.

Read the article.

You haven't read it!

It says the same as all the other stories AND is a story from JV's site.

You can read it and immediately see this is true.

Please. Just look at the link and have a clue about what you're saying.

Joe Rossi is making THE SAME point that I'm making - it's just that you don't get it because you haven't looked at the story.

Go on. Click. http://www.planetf1.com/news/story_20981.shtml

Then tell me what the "bull" is.
Old 20 Sep 2005, 16:22 (Ref:1412324)   #128
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This is a discussion forum and not a place to be belligerent or just purposely awkward. If that is your intent you are posting in the wrong forum.

Please take time to consider other's posts, read other's links, understand other's views and then reply thoughtfully.

This thread is making me come over as a teacher and I am not enjoying the experience.
Old 20 Sep 2005, 16:22 (Ref:1412325)   #129
Louis B.
Veteran

Canada
home
Louis B. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen
As I understand it, Ron was pretty snooty towards JV when Jacques first arrived on the scene, and a partnership wasn't exactly going to flourish between the two of them at any point after that. They aren't exactly alike are they? Can you imagine the McLaren image machine trying to convince JV that baggy overalls are not company policy?!
So, like me, you don't believe that JV ever had any offers from McLaren on the table. It's a shame though if you consider that JV had handed out (even though reluctantly) to McLaren Mika's first win in Jerez 1997.

P.S There was also this rumour about discussions at the beginning of last year between JV and McLaren about testing for McLaren.
Old 20 Sep 2005, 16:27 (Ref:1412332)   #130
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I wouldn't know what to believe as such, but it certainly rings true that they wouldn't be a very good fit for each other. The JV testing rumour is even harder to believe, since McLaren were already very well staffed in that department.
Old 20 Sep 2005, 16:28 (Ref:1412334)   #131
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well now that I've caught up from yesterday...I think that ultimately what will decide JV's future with BMW-Sauber is a simple question. What kind of driver do BMW want?

They can go with JV and get a reasonable driver at this stage that knows the team and this year's car. He's a known talent with lots of experience. I'm not convinced that he's anywhere near his best anymore, but he's good for some decent drives (see Spa most recently) and certainly looks better than early season. His main negatives may be his perceived lack of development skill and his willingness to be a team player. This choice would allow them to bring in a young driver for Friday testing duties and third driver status.

They can choose another well known driver, but I don't see a lot of options there (maybe Klein, PDLR or Wurz). I've seen names like Fisi and Webber mentioned, so I suppose anything can happen.

The other real possibility is to bring in a young driver for development purposes considering that BMW will not set the championship on fire next year. Lots of names could be inserted here.

Comments?
Old 20 Sep 2005, 16:30 (Ref:1412335)   #132
Glen
Veteran

Ooh yea - Wurz. About this time very year I get to go on about how he deserves another chance.
Old 20 Sep 2005, 16:42 (Ref:1412351)   #133
flashF1
Racer

Canada
Canada
flashF1 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen
don't believe this!

Please.

Read the article.

You haven't read it!

It says the same as all the other stories AND is a story from JV's site.

You can read it and immediately see this is true.

Please. Just look at the link and have a clue about what you're saying.

Joe Rossi is making THE SAME point that I'm making - it's just that you don't get it because you haven't looked at the story.

Go on. Click. http://www.planetf1.com/news/story_20981.shtml

Then tell me what the "bull" is.

Glen, I respect your POV, there is a negative bias in PF-1 as there is in F1 racing. Not only against Jacques but Michael too.

I am not trying to be belligerent, so if you trust PF-1 and their reporting lets agree to disagree. Cheers!
Old 20 Sep 2005, 16:52 (Ref:1412361)   #134
joe rossi
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
joe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjoe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Glen, I respect your POV, there is a negative bias in PF-1 as there is in F1 racing. Not only against Jacques but Michael too.

I am not trying to be belligerent, so if you trust PF-1 and their reporting lets agree to disagree. Cheers!
Deep breath,.....

THE PLANET F1 ARTICLE IS TAKEN WORD FOR WORD FROM JV'S OWN WEBSITE

How is that negatively biased reporting? apart from bringing it to wider attention, for probably the same reasons as I made in my previous post.

This is getting REALLY stupid now!
Old 20 Sep 2005, 16:53 (Ref:1412365)   #135
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yup, it really is...
Old 20 Sep 2005, 16:57 (Ref:1412367)   #136
flashF1
Racer

Canada
Canada
flashF1 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe rossi
Deep breath,.....

THE PLANET F1 ARTICLE IS TAKEN WORD FOR WORD FROM JV'S OWN WEBSITE

How is that negatively biased reporting? apart from bringing it to wider attention, for probably the same reasons as I made in my previous post.

This is getting REALLY stupid now!
No Mr. Rossi, you fail to explain that PF-1 is also entitled to their opinion. I know difference between a Jacques quote and a PF-1 opinion. Shall we debate that point?
Old 20 Sep 2005, 17:01 (Ref:1412373)   #137
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Old 20 Sep 2005, 17:06 (Ref:1412382)   #138
joe rossi
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
Quote:
No Mr. Rossi, you fail to explain that PF-1 is also entitled to their opinion. I know difference between a Jacques quote and a PF-1 opinion. Shall we debate that point?
as I said and Glen pointed out, Planet F1 gave no opinion, or angle, they just reported the text word for word, from JV's website and then gave a link at the end of the piece to the full article.

Of course, you could read the Planet F1 piece and check for yourself, but that's not as much fun, is it?
Old 20 Sep 2005, 17:06 (Ref:1412383)   #139
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Sorry, I was so late in CLOSING this one. Lets try to keep things in the 10-10ths spirit please.