Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 2 Feb 2012, 19:24 (Ref:3020598)   #1476
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Chinese round announced now for October 27th.
Old 2 Feb 2012, 19:30 (Ref:3020603)   #1477
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
Chinese round announced now for October 27th.
At Shanghai. Only one week before Chinese GP (ambitious by the track, otherwise I don´t care) and only two weeks after Fuji (and one week after Petit). Well done ACO...!
Old 2 Feb 2012, 19:31 (Ref:3020604)   #1478
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Lots of journalists worriedly tweeting about possible visa issues given the proximity with the Japanese round. Tough one logistically.
Old 2 Feb 2012, 19:33 (Ref:3020607)   #1479
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
At Shanghai. Only one week before Chinese GP (ambitious by the track, otherwise I don´t care) and only two weeks after Fuji (and one week after Petit). Well done ACO...!
Chinese GP is on April 15.
Old 2 Feb 2012, 19:41 (Ref:3020612)   #1480
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Zhuhai wasn't the greatest of venues but just a thought of Shanghai asphaltdrome makes me feel sleepy... and more "great" scheduling from ACO, blah.
Old 2 Feb 2012, 20:03 (Ref:3020627)   #1481
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Get over it, no PLM isn't the end of the world. I'd prefer them go to Austin Texas though instead of Bahrain.
Old 2 Feb 2012, 20:29 (Ref:3020640)   #1482
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Chinese GP is on April 15.
Oeps...

It´s the WTCC, still a World Championship!
Old 2 Feb 2012, 20:34 (Ref:3020648)   #1483
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Get over it, no PLM isn't the end of the world. I'd prefer them go to Austin Texas though instead of Bahrain.
This all depends on who's world we are talking about now doesn't it?
Old 2 Feb 2012, 21:59 (Ref:3020696)   #1484
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
which entrant requested Shanghai again? I'm sure one was saying they required it for the WEC entry.

Either way, a little disappointed if not surprised by that - boring circuit. Zhuhai might not be all that but it's got character, decent scenery and a sportscar racing heritage.
Old 2 Feb 2012, 22:13 (Ref:3020705)   #1485
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
No PLM on the WEC calendar doesn't equal the end of the world for the WEC. How about that?

Also a lot of the tracks that have little 'soul' or 'character' are looked at like that because F1 and it's lack of passing. Sports cars may do a better job of livening up the circuit.
Old 2 Feb 2012, 22:13 (Ref:3020706)   #1486
Nick6
Racer

United States
Nick6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Zhuhai wasn't the greatest of venues but just a thought of Shanghai asphaltdrome makes me feel sleepy... and more "great" scheduling from ACO, blah.
Sleepy? But we have the makings of a wonderful world championship season. Audi will sweep the top 2 steps of the podium every race by no less than 10 laps over 3th place. AF will 1-2 in similar fashion unless Proton gets lucky and all the amateur P2/GT2 Am drivers will either run off course, or into each other.

Last edited by Nick6; 2 Feb 2012 at 22:23. Reason: Looking at the wrong entry list
Old 2 Feb 2012, 23:47 (Ref:3020777)   #1487
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Also a lot of the tracks that have little 'soul' or 'character' are looked at like that because F1 and it's lack of passing. Sports cars may do a better job of livening up the circuit.
Nah man, at Shanghai it's because of the smog and huge taarmac run-offs with no distinguishable scenery. It's just all so very grey!
Old 3 Feb 2012, 07:56 (Ref:3020873)   #1488
TF110
Veteran

United States
At least it has a decent set of straights.
Old 3 Feb 2012, 11:14 (Ref:3020959)   #1489
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick6 View Post
Sleepy? But we have the makings of a wonderful world championship season. Audi will sweep the top 2 steps of the podium every race by no less than 10 laps over 3th place. AF will 1-2 in similar fashion unless Proton gets lucky and all the amateur P2/GT2 Am drivers will either run off course, or into each other.

I'm actually starting to think that apart from Le Mans & Sebring the ALMS and ELMS races should actually provide much better spectacle than the WEC ones.
Old 3 Feb 2012, 11:31 (Ref:3020965)   #1490
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Sleepy? But we have the makings of a wonderful world championship season. Audi will sweep the top 2 steps of the podium every race by no less than 10 laps over 3th place.
I highly doubt that they'll be able to kick Toyota around like that, don't be ridiculous.

The WEC is going to be great, no doubt.
Old 3 Feb 2012, 11:50 (Ref:3020970)   #1491
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

I'm actually starting to think that apart from Le Mans & Sebring the ALMS and ELMS races should actually provide much better spectacle than the WEC ones.
the ALMS for sure because of best GT grid and lmp1 fight of dyson against musclemilke, elms race i don't know how much will be good this year.
Old 4 Feb 2012, 08:23 (Ref:3021348)   #1492
Nick6
Racer

United States
Nick6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
I highly doubt that they'll be able to kick Toyota around like that, don't be ridiculous.

The WEC is going to be great, no doubt.
The car is unproven, the drive train is unproven. I don't see Audi losing to Toyota this season unless 1) they run into issues or 2) they get BOP'ed.

Quote:

More cars and more pro drivers for one. In WEC once you get over the mystique of racing in China or Bahrain all your left with is a grid full of amateur drivers with a few pros sprinkled in.
Old 4 Feb 2012, 12:40 (Ref:3021429)   #1493
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:

More cars and more pro drivers for one. In WEC once you get over the mystique of racing in China or Bahrain all your left with is a grid full of amateur drivers with a few pros sprinkled in.
Jesus, still not over that PLM thing I see?

Yeah, amateur grid indeed:

Lotterer
Treluyer
McNish
Kristensen
Rockenfeller
Wurz
Lappiere
Nakajima
Collard
Brabham
Dumbreck
Chandhook
Heidfeld
Dalziel
Kaffer
Fisichella
Bertolini
Mücke
Lietz
etc.

And that's just going by the first named drivers largely. I'll let you do the math how many Le Mans wins, major championships and F1 races these drivers combine...
Old 4 Feb 2012, 13:48 (Ref:3021458)   #1494
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Completely agree. Didn't realise the ALMS was the new F1.
Old 4 Feb 2012, 13:59 (Ref:3021463)   #1495
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Looking at posts here, I thought that honor belonged to the mighty, glorious FIA World Endurance Championship.
Old 4 Feb 2012, 14:04 (Ref:3021464)   #1496
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Must we have to look at everything in sportscar racing nowadays as a potential recipe for unmitigated disaster?
Old 4 Feb 2012, 14:30 (Ref:3021472)   #1497
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Must we have to look at everything in sportscar racing nowadays as a potential recipe for unmitigated disaster?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Quote:
Not just for people who live in the same climate zone as Road Atlanta like I do, PLM has become the second biggest "thing" in American sportscar racing ahead of the much longer standing Daytona 24 and other much older events. I told my dad last night that the PLM exclusion has a real chance at being the death nail for the track he saw just about every race from the day it opened until he got too busy with his boys and the track where we, as a family, spent many Saturdays growing up. It hurts.

I don't think anyone is saying the ALMS is the new F1 (at least I haven't and don't feel that way), but having been to PLM for over a decade straight, seeing it grow exponentially every single year only to have the ACO/FIA yank the rug from underneath it for whatever reason REALLY SUCKS for some of us. You people have to either understand that or come to grips with it.

I'm sure the WEC will be fine without it and I'll be at PLM this year, but it will be just "another ALMS race". Pardon me while I go cry into my coffee cup.
Old 4 Feb 2012, 15:12 (Ref:3021490)   #1498
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Nobody blames you guys for being disappointed, I think we all are - Everybody would have liked to for the PLM to be part of the WEC if it was feasible - Which unfortunately it isn't.

There a different ways to deal with disappointment though. You can either take it as a man and move on our you can act like a spoiled child and use outrageous avatars that "nuke" the WEC & the ACO or make idiotic claims that the WEC grid is made up of largely amateur drivers.

Seriously, is this the Justin Bieber fan forum here? I thought we were all grown ups here, some people behave like heartbroken 12-year old girls instead...

I still don't understand how fans of sports car racing can wish bad on a promising new series because of one single race (!). It's just selfish if you ask me, you don't see Germans, Italians etc. throwing a hissy fit because they don't have a WEC round either.
Old 4 Feb 2012, 15:35 (Ref:3021504)   #1499
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well, in my opinion is better like this. Road atlanta track is too short for more than 50 cars and as seen in 2011 race, track facilities and personal are not the top for an event like that, the race just become a sort of full yellow/caution endurance race.
The problem of WEC is (even if the date event were changed) that won't run in PLM but they (maybe) will run in bahrain
Old 4 Feb 2012, 15:48 (Ref:3021512)   #1500
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Only way to ever see Petit Le Mans on the WEC calendar in the future is to increase the track length. Not going to happen...

Simple calculation makes it clearly visible that on the current 2.5 miles you can't have all FIA WEC + all ALMS cars. For Sebring no issue as it is 3.7 miles.