Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 5 Dec 2010, 15:39 (Ref:2799975)   #1476
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Tommy Milner tested for Corvette Racing.

Quote:
SPEED.com has learned that Milner tested with Corvette Racing last month.
Old 6 Dec 2010, 16:19 (Ref:2800422)   #1477
TWK
Veteran

TWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Out at BMW
Old 6 Dec 2010, 18:02 (Ref:2800468)   #1478
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWK View Post
Out at BMW
But "in" anywhere else? Corvette has tested many drivers in the past year, with no guarantees anybody is leaving.

Could Tommy also end up with a spot driving for his pops?
Old 7 Dec 2010, 05:27 (Ref:2800691)   #1479
TWK
Veteran

TWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
But "in" anywhere else? Corvette has tested many drivers in the past year, with no guarantees anybody is leaving.

Could Tommy also end up with a spot driving for his pops?
Rumor reported tonight by Murphy that Tommy will replace Johnny O. at Corvette. But Antonio Garcia also rumored to get that seat.
Old 7 Dec 2010, 10:03 (Ref:2800763)   #1480
E46
Veteran

Spain
Zaragoza, Reino de Aragón
E46 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Rumor reported tonight by Murphy that Tommy will replace Johnny O. at Corvette. But Antonio Garcia also rumored to get that seat.
SportMotores.es reports today Antonio GarcÃ*a will repeat his 2010 schedule. Grand-Am (Spirit of Daytona Racing) + Long ACO Races (Corvette Racing).
Old 7 Dec 2010, 20:23 (Ref:2801078)   #1481
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It would not surprise me if Johnny O is out. He's not getting any younger, and frankly seems to have been a bit more ragged in the last year on track (and maybe more outspoken than usual off!). Corvette does love its bad boy image, but I get the feeling that the attitude is not winning them friends in GT2 or in race control and maybe a change is in order. Milner is American (which they need!), quick and experienced in several GT2 cars, and seems to have the right attitude. Maybe I'm biased, because he and I used to frequent the same sim racing message board many many years ago, but I'd like to see him get the drive.
Old 8 Dec 2010, 00:40 (Ref:2801156)   #1482
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I believe that Gunnar Jeannette has also tested for Corvette recently.
Old 8 Dec 2010, 01:48 (Ref:2801173)   #1483
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I think Corvette need some young American blood ..... enough Europeans .
Old 8 Dec 2010, 19:36 (Ref:2801625)   #1484
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Corvette has tested many young and not so young American drivers over the past few years with no race seats rewarded, so I wouldn't put too much stock in someone getting a test. I think that Paul Edwards, Alex Gurney and Butch Leitzinger are among that list, aren't they?
Old 9 Dec 2010, 00:38 (Ref:2801762)   #1485
TWK
Veteran

If I had to profile the new Corvette driver: I'd want him to be Young. Experienced. American. Good pedigree. Quick. Finishes. With as-yet untapped potential.
Old 9 Dec 2010, 02:17 (Ref:2801776)   #1486
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
If I had to profile the new Corvette driver: I'd want him to be Young. Experienced. American. Good pedigree. Quick. Finishes. With as-yet untapped potential.
That pretty much sums it up for me too. I normally could care less if an american driver was involved with a sportscar program, but for some reason it seems like the Vettes should have one if Johnny does indeed step down. And if said driver happens to be young Milner I would not be upset.
Old 9 Dec 2010, 08:29 (Ref:2801848)   #1487
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
C'mon you got Magnussen, he's practically an american now ! (he even likes Nascar!....)
Old 9 Dec 2010, 14:50 (Ref:2802003)   #1488
kyoung
Racer

United States
kyoung should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkyoung should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If they do replace Johnny O'Connell, I could care less where the new driver is from as long as he is good. Save Christian Hohenadel from FIA GT1 hell and give him a seat, at least he knows his way around a Corvette and he would have a fair opportunity to win races in ALMS.

I generally care more about the cars than the drivers, but if one had to go I hope it wouldn’t be Magnussen. He knows his way through traffic and he is consistently fast.
Old 9 Dec 2010, 18:06 (Ref:2802088)   #1489
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Just dreamin , but it would be cool if they could have a Corvette junior Team , like Dick Barbour was with Porsche ..... Then they could afford to throw a little caution to the wind and get 2 young Americans in the car .

I just feel that there should be some American blood in that car , at least 2 of them , nothing at all wrong with their presant drivers , just too many Auslanders .
Old 9 Dec 2010, 22:27 (Ref:2802204)   #1490
TWK
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Just dreamin , but it would be cool if they could have a Corvette junior Team , like Dick Barbour was with Porsche ..... Then they could afford to throw a little caution to the wind and get 2 young Americans in the car .

I just feel that there should be some American blood in that car , at least 2 of them , nothing at all wrong with their presant drivers , just too many Auslanders .
There will be one, exactly the profile I posted. Not on a "junior team," but on the "big team." Which, of course, is why I posted it.
Old 10 Dec 2010, 00:39 (Ref:2802250)   #1491
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Given a choice, I would opt for Mr. Garcia. Not that Tommy's bad, but Antonio is the bomb. But, they may want at least one US driver so Tommy might be in.

DK
Old 10 Dec 2010, 01:05 (Ref:2802256)   #1492
cor123
Rookie

cor123 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxk1 View Post
Given a choice, I would opt for Mr. Garcia. Not that Tommy's bad, but Antonio is the bomb. But, they may want at least one US driver so Tommy might be in.

DK
Translated from Spanish to English:
12/07/10 www.sportmotores.es

Driver Antonio Garcia Madrid in 2011 have almost identical to a program that has played this year. This has been confirmed sources winning the 24 Hours of Daytona in 2009 SportMotores.es statements.

"Plans Antonio GarcÃ*a sports have materialized recently, and that next year a decision was still pending despite what was announced a half," explained the source told our microphones. Also continued saying that "finally has come to an agreement with GM to repeat the program, namely Grand-Am with Spirit of Daytona, driven by long runs GM and Corvette Racing."

This means that Garcia will be with Spirit of Daytona Racing, the team led by Troy Flis, within 24 hours of Daytona and the rest of the Grand-Am racing with the Coyote-Chevrolet he shares with Paul Edwards, while 12 hours Sebring, 24 Hours of Le Manns and Petit Le Mans with Corvette Racing will be in one of the Chevrolet Corvette C6.R official.

Precisely the formal structure of Corvette may face changes in short as several sources indicate that Johnny O'Connell, pilot with extensive experience of Doug Fehan, could be replaced by Tommy Milner, this after finding no room in Rahal Letterman Racing. Apparently, as indicated by various means, Milner and had been present in recent tests with Corvette Racing, but it is also worth noting that Butch Leitzinger also make similar tests last year and never would eventually sign with Chevrolet.
http://sportmotores.es/
Old 10 Dec 2010, 01:31 (Ref:2802258)   #1493
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Gunnar. Although that would kill his Dad's LMP2 ambitions, in that case - Milner. I want more cars.
Old 10 Dec 2010, 03:57 (Ref:2802281)   #1494
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxk1 View Post

DK
I gotta agree there, it would be nice to have one American driver in the team but I hope Garcia gets the nod, in my eyes he's a better fit then Milner, Garcia is just on another level (nothing wrong with Milner though-hopefully he finds a drive for 2011).
Old 10 Dec 2010, 05:32 (Ref:2802291)   #1495
TWK
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
I gotta agree there, it would be nice to have one American driver in the team but I hope Garcia gets the nod, in my eyes he's a better fit then Milner, Garcia is just on another level (nothing wrong with Milner though-hopefully he finds a drive for 2011).
Tommy has a full time drive for 2011 in ALMS.

As the article said, Garcia will have the same role he had last season.
Old 10 Dec 2010, 07:35 (Ref:2802310)   #1496
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan View Post
Gunnar. Although that would kill his Dad's LMP2 ambitions, in that case - Milner. I want more cars.
Why , I thought their LMPC efforts were all down to Gunners co-jo financing the project ?
Old 10 Dec 2010, 08:11 (Ref:2802319)   #1497
fer312t
Rookie

fer312t should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Presuming he doesn't get any Indycar drive, why not JR Hildebrand??? Pretty obvious - he's American, young (but mature) very quick, and driven a whole variety of racecars...
Old 10 Dec 2010, 14:29 (Ref:2802457)   #1498
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Presuming he doesn't get any Indycar drive, why not JR Hildebrand??? Pretty obvious - he's American, young (but mature) very quick, and driven a whole variety of racecars...
Sounds like JR should (being the key word) have the Panther ride next year
Old 11 Dec 2010, 19:10 (Ref:2803046)   #1499
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So Corvette will have 2 ambassadors tagging along in 2011 (Fellows and O'Connell)?

Milner would be a good choice. I'd think it would be good to have at least 1 local in the team. 1 in each car would be perfect (they almost had it with O'Connell and Fellows, although Ron is Canadian, of course), but they also have to make sure they keep the quality.

Magnussen and Milner would be mighty fine in a car.
Old 13 Dec 2010, 16:28 (Ref:2803902)   #1500
cor123
Rookie

cor123 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GM just announced that Johnny O and Andy Pilgrim will be racing for Cadillac.