Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 24 Dec 2023, 09:59 (Ref:4189761)   #1526
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Happy Christmas and a peaceful New Year to all from a bleak Sussex, only 3 weeks to the rally stage meeting at Brands!
Old 24 Dec 2023, 10:19 (Ref:4189762)   #1527
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
To all in the Historic Forum:
Attached Thumbnails
Xmas1.jpg  
Old 24 Dec 2023, 10:25 (Ref:4189763)   #1528
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice one Peter, best wishes to you and yours Just a tip for all ageing friends on here, if you have any young visitors over the festive period - hide all your remote controls! I distinctly remember one year when it took a full reboot to regain control of the tv
Old 24 Dec 2023, 11:02 (Ref:4189765)   #1529
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Happy Christmas and a peaceful New Year to all from a bleak Sussex, only 3 weeks to the rally stage meeting at Brands!
Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year to you all from the Emerald Isle.
Only 13 days to Kart testing @ Kirkistown.
Old 24 Dec 2023, 11:12 (Ref:4189766)   #1530
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Nice one Peter, best wishes to you and yours Just a tip for all ageing friends on here, if you have any young visitors over the festive period - hide all your remote controls! I distinctly remember one year when it took a full reboot to regain control of the tv
I thought you were going to say they took all your batteries for their new toys!
Old 24 Dec 2023, 11:34 (Ref:4189767)   #1531
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
I thought you were going to say they took all your batteries for their new toys!
Old 24 Dec 2023, 12:39 (Ref:4189769)   #1532
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Now that's an early Christmas present :-) Merry Christmas and a HNY to all, but especially Bob B, you're sorely missed.
37 days to our first race weekend in New Zealand.
Old 24 Dec 2023, 13:53 (Ref:4189772)   #1533
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk View Post
Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year to you all from the Emerald Isle.

Only 13 days to Kart testing @ Kirkistown.
Lightweight! We're out again next Friday for two days!!!!!

Merry Christmas one and all, whether near or far.

PS no spoilers please on "Ferrari", I'm going on January 1st for my birthday treat.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 24 Dec 2023, 14:21 (Ref:4189773)   #1534
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Lightweight! We're out again next Friday for two days!!!!!

Merry Christmas one and all, whether near or far.

PS no spoilers please on "Ferrari", I'm going on January 1st for my birthday treat.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
He dies in the end.
Old 24 Dec 2023, 14:29 (Ref:4189774)   #1535
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Happy Christmas everyone. Team Delta had an OK year but after the success we had in 2022 I kind of knew we would not be repeating that again this year.One of my highlights was catching up with Bauble at Silverstone. I was lucky enough to get a ride on London To Brighton which was another tick in the box to cross off. I had three good races on the Atlantic which after years of misfires and engine blow ups and all my mates telling me to get rid of the 79B, ignored everyone's advice and had a stonking race at Silverstone finals so great way to end.
Had a couple of invites already which is so moral boosting for me as I approach 71 next year.We said fare well to Dr Bob but I have a sneaking feeling he will be back.
Been waiting for MG David to start up NZ 2024 thread. Three tenthers are heading there. Me, MG David and all the way from Colorado Rich Spritz. I have not booked return tickets as did think I might be able to join,Dave " Chris " and Dr Bob at Phillip Island.
Anyway thanks for all the friendship and support in 2023. Best wishes Iain.
Old 24 Dec 2023, 14:30 (Ref:4189775)   #1536
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
Now that's an early Christmas present :-) Merry Christmas and a HNY to all, but especially Bob B, you're sorely missed.
37 days to our first race weekend in New Zealand.
EEEEKKKKKK
Old 24 Dec 2023, 14:34 (Ref:4189776)   #1537
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Old 24 Dec 2023, 15:05 (Ref:4189777)   #1538
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
He dies in the end.
Thanks, this one takes the pudding!
Old 24 Dec 2023, 15:06 (Ref:4189778)   #1539
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
I too wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year (especially absent lurkers who I hope to see posting back on here more often in 2024 - we need to get the post count back up!).
Thanks for all the entertainment and education from you all this year.
We are now down in Cornwall for a relaxing week but our rental cottage has WiFi and I have brought my laptop with me so I can stay in contact...
Old 24 Dec 2023, 17:17 (Ref:4189787)   #1540
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
we need to get the post count back up!
Easy peessy. At least in F. If you don't care so much about quality and love good questions bringing silly/insane answers (always talking about this poor country) put on the table subjects like brake fluid, oil to use (brand, viscosity) and last but not least brake pads/rotors. I wonder how some french moderators are not prosecuted!
Better talk about historic mince pies recipe your Lady can bake when at race track. Happy Cornwall, Viva GT!
Old 24 Dec 2023, 17:37 (Ref:4189790)   #1541
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
I too wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year (especially absent lurkers who I hope to see posting back on here more often in 2024 - we need to get the post count back up!).
Thanks for all the entertainment and education from you all this year.
We are now down in Cornwall for a relaxing week but our rental cottage has WiFi and I have brought my laptop with me so I can stay in contact...
we are heading to St Merryn Viv Boxing Day . Might see you on the beech?
Old 24 Dec 2023, 18:02 (Ref:4189793)   #1542
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Anyone going to Plum Pudding at Mallory? Could be a bit damp......
Old 24 Dec 2023, 18:12 (Ref:4189794)   #1543
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Anyone going to Plum Pudding at Mallory? Could be a bit damp......
Yep, hoping to go, the weather looks fine Been trying to find an entry list/timetable.
Old 24 Dec 2023, 18:18 (Ref:4189795)   #1544
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Anyone on here race at Brands Boxing Day . Me and my mates had a great day racing there in 1979. I even got called up to see the C of the C. ?
Old 24 Dec 2023, 19:44 (Ref:4189797)   #1545
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Anyone on here race at Brands Boxing Day . Me and my mates had a great day racing there in 1979. I even got called up to see the C of the C. ?
I wish Iain, not had a Boxing Day meeting at Brands for years unfortunately, happy xmas to you and yours
Old 24 Dec 2023, 19:49 (Ref:4189798)   #1546
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
I went with some friends from Norfolk in, I think, 1969. No sooner had we arrived than the fog came down. Eventually, the racing was cancelled, with no sign of the fog lifting, so we had a long slow drive back to Norfolk!
Old 24 Dec 2023, 19:59 (Ref:4189799)   #1547
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
I went with some friends from Norfolk in, I think, 1969. No sooner had we arrived than the fog came down. Eventually, the racing was cancelled, with no sign of the fog lifting, so we had a long slow drive back to Norfolk!
I can remember sliding down Paddock Hill on the ice/snow at one meeting which was cancelled and several spectators made toboggans.
Old 24 Dec 2023, 22:13 (Ref:4189806)   #1548
Paul D
Veteran

England
Southport, Merseyside
Paul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seems I'm somewhat late to the party, but never mind.

A merry Christmas & happy new year one and all, let's hope it's a good one.
Old 24 Dec 2023, 22:57 (Ref:4189807)   #1549
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
its all getting even closer to Christmas for us 'downunder,' so best I get my own personal wishes to all of you here in the Historic Racing area, mates, friends etc both current and absent..... I have met very few of you but feel like I know you all.

Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and a a Safe, Healthy Peaceful and Happy New Year. Oh and with a bit of Prosper as well would be good.

Look forward to more banter and chat on the other side, and Dr Bob I will see you at Phillip Island for the Classic in March.

Stay Safe all.

Cheers
Chris.
Cheers Chris, have a good one, and you never know we might just meet up next year down in sunny Spain
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 24 Dec 2023, 22:58 (Ref:4189808)   #1550
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
This is how it's done in Spain !
https://youtu.be/NwkkEKX1w6U
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Closed Thread