Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 18 Feb 2011, 05:37 (Ref:2833139)   #1526
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4monie View Post
Like? All streaming worked for me. Laguna Seca and Mid Ohio

Are you using IE9 (Resource Hog), Firefox (not as light as Chrome) or Google (Sky Net) Chrome?

All support Flash 10.2 which if you have a recent vintage Nvidia or AMD/ATI graphics this will be no problem of things "working properly".

I see questions like this a basic questioning of the move to the internet by the ALMS and lack of general knowledge about the internet beyond Cats riding Roombas, saying ridiculous stuff on ALMS Facebook (I can only imagine the e-mails that hit Scott's desk) site or cleaning out your email box of all that junk mail that a decade ago you didn't believe what happen to snail mail would happen to internet mail.

It will just work, Doubting Thomas' can go to the back of the bus and it won't cost you anything, that is if you like sitting in front of you're 19" PC display or 15.6 Laptop display, to get it off there you'll have to spend at least $6....
Thomas, have you only been a fan for a year?

In addition to the T&S issues, that are not only when they introduced new versions, but regularly have issues anyway.

Or how about the ALMS website itself at times over the years, or the forums, or the Internet access at the tracks, such as Mosport, where you can barely get it in the tower, yet they'll use the same internet to feed us a race...

The issues have been multiple and ongoing for a decade, so get off your high horse... and it still isn't a race thing either.
Old 18 Feb 2011, 12:47 (Ref:2833277)   #1527
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny_GT2 View Post
Meant to ask this ages ago but do I need to pay & subscribe to ESPN3.com to get the race coverage?? Hope not.
I think you'll find more information than you would ever want about ESPN3, live streaming and the TV schedule here:

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125492

This subject rears its ugly self here too often and I am tired of it mucking up a decent discussion.
Old 18 Feb 2011, 20:43 (Ref:2833485)   #1528
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
No,not with ESPN commentary, they are using their own... as yet to be announced. (Go Hindy)
I do hope they go with Hindy and the RLM crew. They've been there since the beginning and have done a great job.
Would be rather strange if they went elsewhere for the commentary.
Old 18 Feb 2011, 21:57 (Ref:2833511)   #1529
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Anyone care to or able to shed any light on the latest tweet from Murphy?

Quote:
Could Ed Brown have a new owner to work with at Extreme Speed Motorsports in the future? That's the question in the hottest rumor out there.
http://twitter.com/#!/Murphythebear
Old 19 Feb 2011, 10:25 (Ref:2833691)   #1530
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...portscars-218/ explains the configuration in which the Dyson Lola will race: smaller restrictor, LMP2 sized tyres, 850 kg and narrower rear wing. An upgrade to a full LMP1 specification would be too expensive.
Quote:
“In order for them not to have to spend a massive amount of money in terms of spare parts and things like that, what we’ve done is allowed to run the car at a reduced weight,” Elkins explained. “The reason it’s running at 850 kg is because for them to go to 900 kg, it would require a new nose box, uprights and a lot of different things to get to that full 900 kg spec to pass the crash test.”
Old 19 Feb 2011, 11:13 (Ref:2833714)   #1531
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Graham Goodwin on Twitter...

Quote:
Lou Gigliotti Files Proceedings against GM, Corvette Racing, Michelin and Doug Fehan #ALMS
Any more details about this?
Old 19 Feb 2011, 14:00 (Ref:2833758)   #1532
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
LG are claiming that the works team blocked the homologation of their Corvette, rendering it inelligible for FIA competition.
They also claim that Michilein agreed with other competitors not to sell tyres to LG.

Lou's complaint is that both of these amount to anti-competitive behaviour & simply on the face of it, it looks like he has a point (I am sure there is more to it though)
Old 19 Feb 2011, 15:00 (Ref:2833792)   #1533
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So the ex-Riley Corvette was denied from Le Mans by the same reason...
Old 19 Feb 2011, 19:36 (Ref:2833914)   #1534
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
dj4monie is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Thomas, have you only been a fan for a year?

In addition to the T&S issues, that are not only when they introduced new versions, but regularly have issues anyway.

Or how about the ALMS website itself at times over the years, or the forums, or the Internet access at the tracks, such as Mosport, where you can barely get it in the tower, yet they'll use the same internet to feed us a race...

The issues have been multiple and ongoing for a decade, so get off your high horse... and it still isn't a race thing either.
I thought he was speaking of streaming and my name is Anthony... This isn't a sports team or the military I don't answer to my last name, thank you.

Stop acting like we're not in agreement or I'm somehow a threat to your wave of thought, I'm not. I think T&S is decent, compared to other series its about the same. If you pay for it Nascar gives you some nice perks, but its not free and I don't see the ALMS offering that kind of fan interactive media anytime soon.

The ALMS web site was updated in 2008? I think its okay, it could be flashier I suppose. You offering to redesign it for free?

I can't comment on track conditions in Canada but I don't think it was a pressing issue to add online services until now. Now with its recent announcement, I think its more important than ever to make sure fans are connected track side. As for the forums, they have been moved off-site and I currently don't use it. I have contacted the Web Admin about posting my primer/FAQ but I haven't heard back from them. Giving it more thought, humph I don't need them anyway word will get to them.

I never said that the ALMS wasn't putting the cart before the horse.

Last edited by dj4monie; 19 Feb 2011 at 20:02. Reason: Was reading something else...
Old 19 Feb 2011, 20:18 (Ref:2833932)   #1535
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
So the ex-Riley Corvette was denied from Le Mans by the same reason...
Frankly, I'd still tend to think that the ex-LG Riley Corvette was denied from Le Mans because it was entered by a team who have made a number of announcements about what they would be running in 2011 (Panoz, Creation, Riley Corvette), without following through on them.

I suspect it wouldn't have made much difference to the ACO if Atlas had announced they were entering a P&M Corvette or even a Ferrari, because on past form, whatever they'd entered, there seemed to be a pretty good chance of it not turning up.
Old 19 Feb 2011, 20:26 (Ref:2833936)   #1536
johncho
Rookie

johncho should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought there was already a lawsuit a year or two back. what was its result? is this the same lawsuit?
Old 19 Feb 2011, 20:36 (Ref:2833942)   #1537
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by johncho View Post
I thought there was already a lawsuit a year or two back. what was its result? is this the same lawsuit?
Could be.
It's a likely case to be appealed.
Old 19 Feb 2011, 22:34 (Ref:2834005)   #1538
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4monie View Post
I thought he was speaking of streaming and my name is Anthony... This isn't a sports team or the military I don't answer to my last name, thank you.

Stop acting like we're not in agreement or I'm somehow a threat to your wave of thought, I'm not. I think T&S is decent, compared to other series its about the same. If you pay for it Nascar gives you some nice perks, but its not free and I don't see the ALMS offering that kind of fan interactive media anytime soon.

The ALMS web site was updated in 2008? I think its okay, it could be flashier I suppose. You offering to redesign it for free?

I can't comment on track conditions in Canada but I don't think it was a pressing issue to add online services until now. Now with its recent announcement, I think its more important than ever to make sure fans are connected track side. As for the forums, they have been moved off-site and I currently don't use it. I have contacted the Web Admin about posting my primer/FAQ but I haven't heard back from them. Giving it more thought, humph I don't need them anyway word will get to them.

I never said that the ALMS wasn't putting the cart before the horse.
Sorry Anthony, Thomas was stuck in my head.

I am not complaining about the style of the ALMS website. I would also suggest that the number of issues surrounding ALMS web technologies has been ongoing since the start of last decade. Contacted the Web Admin?
Old 20 Feb 2011, 00:48 (Ref:2834059)   #1539
TWK
Veteran

TWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by johncho View Post
No
Old 20 Feb 2011, 00:52 (Ref:2834060)   #1540
TWK
Veteran

TWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Could be.
It's a likely case to be appealed.
It is not. And to be appealed it has to be decided in the first instance. It has not. Service of Process was just made in the past week. GM (old and new), and Michelin have registered representatives to serve. As an individual, Mr. Fehan does not. An attempt to serve at Sebring failed.

There is a 50 day period to product documents requested in discovery. No response from defendents or defendent attorneys has been received by plaintiff's attorney.
Old 20 Feb 2011, 23:46 (Ref:2834413)   #1541
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
dj4monie is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Sorry Anthony, Thomas was stuck in my head.

I am not complaining about the style of the ALMS website. I would also suggest that the number of issues surrounding ALMS web technologies has been ongoing since the start of last decade. Contacted the Web Admin?
Yeah about ALMS' web site you can contact the Web Admin about your grievances - webmaster@americanlemans.com

I also agree about technology issues. T&S goes down quite often for a simple what looks like Java applet. The new setup with Facebook feed is okay but unpolished.

This is a chance for the ALMS to really push forward with a polished GUI (Graphical User Interface) that has Twitter Feed, Timing & Scoring, along with the ESPN stream in one window.

Having Wi-Fi will be very important since that's the only way you can access the flag to flag coverage. I don't see it as much of an issue because its not simple to setup DirecTV or Dish Network on your RV and you're not going to get cable in your camp site.

So in many cases streaming will be better IF the infrastructure is in place.
Old 21 Feb 2011, 23:52 (Ref:2834965)   #1542
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA View Post
I suspect it wouldn't have made much difference to the ACO if Atlas had announced they were entering a P&M Corvette or even a Ferrari, because on past form, whatever they'd entered, there seemed to be a pretty good chance of it not turning up.
Can't argue on that one.

Just an outside note - why they chose that outdated Riley car in the first place, as there is at least one supposedly free Pratt & Miller GT2 Corvette available? Corvette ditched chassis #001 (sold to Labre), and #002 is either collecting dust somewhere or acting as a testmule.
Old 22 Feb 2011, 01:03 (Ref:2834983)   #1543
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
$$$, and specifically less of them, is surely the issue. Given that they claimed the Panoz deal fell apart over a financial disagreement, I wager their issue is wanting things and not wanting to (or being unable to) pay for them...
Old 23 Feb 2011, 14:49 (Ref:2835667)   #1544
Deleted
Veteran

Here is the full documentation from LG. Some interesting, yet depressing reading.
Original petition

Quote:
"-- The FIA, unlike ACO, requires authorization and cooperation of manufacturer to complete homologation. With respect to Corvette, such as the one raced by LG Motorsports, a manufacturer like the GM Entities would be required to provide authorization for homologation to compete in FIA sanctioned class --

-- Representatives of LG Motorsports contacted Old GM, specifically Steve Wesoloski, a representative of old GM, who promised LG Motorsports and Riley Technologies that there would be no GT2 effort by GM."
Quote:
"-- Old GM effectively denied homologation to LG Motorsports so that Corvette Racing would have the sole Corvettes homologated for FIA sanctioned events. New GM continues this policy and refuses to cooperate in the homologation of LG Motorsport's Riley Corvette"
Quote:
"-- Defendants have agreed to prelude LG Motorsports from lawfully purchasing or otherwise obtaining Michelin tires, which are necessary to effectivily complete in ALMS, let alone win. This agreement not only restrains LG Motorsports from being able to lawfully purchase tires, which itself is improper, but this agreement is further designed to prevent any team other than the GM Entities selected race team, Corvette Racing, from being able to competitively race a Corvette in the ALMS. This agreement substantially limits the ability of Corvette race teams to participate in the ALMS and directly results in lower sponsorship revenue for teams racing Corvettes other than Corvette Racing. --"
Now, I might be a P&M fan, but LG has a real case here. One trivia thing I've always found amusing: the first race where Riley Corvette actually competed against the factory cars (in same class) was also the time when it outqualified both C6.Rs
Old 23 Feb 2011, 15:54 (Ref:2835709)   #1545
Flyin Ryan
Veteran

United States
Carolina del Norte
Flyin Ryan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Now, I might be a P&M fan, but LG has a real case here.
Well of course they have a case.

Whether they actually get anything out of it is another question entirely.

Quote:
Defendants have agreed to prelude LG Motorsports from lawfully purchasing or otherwise obtaining Michelin tires, which are necessary to effectivily complete in ALMS, let alone win.
Can't see a court stepping in on that. If they do, it's a big can of worms for sportscar racing where everyone knows that the only people that can win have to have a certain car, certain engine, certain tire, etc., but in most cases are prevented from getting them for reasons beyond simply funding. Props to Gigliotti for having the nerve to challenge the structure of sportscar racing, but in the end his challenge to the status quo will probably turn out quixotic.

Last edited by Flyin Ryan; 23 Feb 2011 at 16:01.
Old 23 Feb 2011, 16:05 (Ref:2835719)   #1546
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyin Ryan View Post
Figure of speech, I might add...
Old 23 Feb 2011, 17:39 (Ref:2835769)   #1547
TWK
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyin Ryan View Post

Whether they actually get anything out of it is another question entirely.

Can't see a court stepping in on that. If they do, it's a big can of worms for sportscar racing where everyone knows that the only people that can win have to have a certain car, certain engine, certain tire, etc., but in most cases are prevented from getting them for reasons beyond simply funding. Props to Gigliotti for having the nerve to challenge the structure of sportscar racing, but in the end his challenge to the status quo will probably turn out quixotic.
I disagree.

Though the Michelin issue is prominent in the filing, its importance is to demonstrate the actions taken by Corvette Racing, et.al. in furtherance of the "tortuous interference." On its own it does not have to be true that the tires were required to compete, only that they are perceived to be the most competitive and - much more importantly - Corvette Racing, et.al. prevailed on Michelin to deny them.

Other elements, including the denial of FIA homologation, are just as central, if not more so. This is a case that will be won - if it is - on whether the "parties conspired in restraint of trade" to the "damage of LG Racing."

The homologation issue is particularly important because its believed that Riley Technologies obtained a very favorable settlement with GM on the same set of facts.
Old 23 Feb 2011, 18:56 (Ref:2835806)   #1548
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Pretty good background story on the lawsuit.

http://jalopnik.com/#!5768373/did-gm...ette-race-team
Old 24 Feb 2011, 19:41 (Ref:2836330)   #1549
fjn356
Rookie

fjn356 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I suspect both Paul G. and LG have a better chance of winning in the courtroom than in the ALMS.
Old 24 Feb 2011, 21:36 (Ref:2836407)   #1550
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjn356 View Post
I suspect both Paul G. and LG have a better chance of winning in the courtroom than in the ALMS.
Burn.