Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 3 Feb 2012, 17:50 (Ref:3021133)   #1551
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie peterson View Post
It's definitely something to do with Peugeot. To score points as a manufacturer you need to be a full time participant.

http://www.lemans.org/wpphpFichiers/...ist_310112.pdf

In this full season entry list you can see that Toyota stands next to Audi on the manufacturers table. It would have looked pretty bad if there was only Audi there...
I know, but the question is Toyota actually going to participate in all races besides Sebring? I'd expect them to, but they could have gotten a permission to miss some other races too due "the unexpected changes" (=Peugeot obviously).

Many pages ago I mentioned that in WRC, Mini was granted a full manufacturer status, despite that they're not going to take part in every rally. I could see this as as similar situation...

Also that mentioned (http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....postcount=1527) requirement of two manufacturers... so you would think that this was made more on Toyota's terms.
Old 3 Feb 2012, 21:18 (Ref:3021236)   #1552
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
They just confirmed they'll do the whole WEC minus Sebring. What's there to question? I'd say the Toyota has a very good shot now with the regs changing. And a possible more tweaking in the near future! And this is taking place before Sebring? If they change it after they may hinder Audi more considerably since Toyota won't be there? Remember the tweaking after Spa last year.
Old 3 Feb 2012, 22:00 (Ref:3021247)   #1553
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
They just confirmed they'll do the whole WEC minus Sebring.
No. They confirmed that they have entered the championship, which in these circumstances might not mean all races minus Sebring. Of course the presumption should be that they will race in every race after Sebring. But if the whole P1 manufacturers championship was up to Toyota's participation, then I think FIA-ACO might have wanted to play nice.

Last edited by deggis; 3 Feb 2012 at 22:06.
Old 4 Feb 2012, 03:13 (Ref:3021311)   #1554
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
About the diesel/petrol equality, it is as I predicted a few years ago. As soon as Peugeot withdraws, then, and only then, will the techregs be fair.
The diesels have done their show, in the current day attitude they are no longer favoured and thus come the hybrids.
Old 4 Feb 2012, 10:28 (Ref:3021385)   #1555
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well diesel engines maybe aren't advantaged anymore, but the only diesel engine remained (even if fia tells that this year there won't be diesel...) is the audi inside the r18/r18h, that is still a painkiller combination.
Just think about that peugeot revealed that 908H4 2012 model, meanwhile the 2012 specs power loss (with new restrictors if a diesel engine could develope 600hp in a certain spec now will develope 560) and fenders was able to run at least one second faster than the 908 2011 model.
Maybe more equity between diesel-petrol engine has been reached but the cars that were the strongest before will be even now.
Old 4 Feb 2012, 12:28 (Ref:3021423)   #1556
gucom
Racer

gucom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour View Post
About the diesel/petrol equality, it is as I predicted a few years ago. As soon as Peugeot withdraws, then, and only then, will the techregs be fair.
The diesels have done their show, in the current day attitude they are no longer favoured and thus come the hybrids.
but weren't these diesel restrictions first announced / mentioned long before Peugeot withdrew? And similar restrictions have been placed on the diesels in almost each of the past 5 years...

I'm still not at all convinced that the diesels enjoy a regulatory advantage; I'm sure they did at first, but now, after so many successive restrictions?!? I guess Toyota's entry will finally give us a good picture, although we should probably give them at least a year to reach their full potential.

Even better would be to wait untill they take all the lessons from the TS030 to make any necessary fundamental changes to a TS040 (if they decide to do so). Of course by that time the 2014 rules will be in effect, which will hopefully solve the problem once and for all.
Old 4 Feb 2012, 20:53 (Ref:3021618)   #1557
aneesh99
Veteran

United Kingdom
aneesh99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gucom View Post
I'm still not at all convinced that the diesels enjoy a regulatory advantage; I'm sure they did at first, but now, after so many successive restrictions?!? I guess Toyota's entry will finally give us a good picture, although we should probably give them at least a year to reach their full potential.
Well, if lap times are anything to by at La Sarthe last year, Rebellion were like 7 seconds off the pace in comparison to Oreca, the slowest diesel. I'm not sure about getting the whole picture considering Toyota are going hybrid and I have no idea how the regs pertain to that. I think we'll see what the balance is like when comparing Audi and Toyota to the privateers.
Old 4 Feb 2012, 23:52 (Ref:3021675)   #1558
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Not much new stuff appearing right now, so here's a video clip I saw on eurosport.com. Some new track footage from the test and pointless short (dubbed) interviews with Vasselon, Lapierre and Wurz:

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/video/...s-le-mans.html

(Video title is typical Eurosport-mistake. )
Old 5 Feb 2012, 04:25 (Ref:3021698)   #1559
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by MulsanneMike View Post
The point is: the rules are NOT definitive even at this late stage, everything is tentative and the ACO have not released the final 2012 rules.
But have FIA? http://www.fia.com/en-GB/sport/regul...s/fia-wec.aspx

That is the same version (WMSC stamped 23.09.2011, published 06.12.2011) than the draft you linked, though.
Old 6 Feb 2012, 08:08 (Ref:3022038)   #1560
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
No. They confirmed that they have entered the championship, which in these circumstances might not mean all races minus Sebring. Of course the presumption should be that they will race in every race after Sebring. But if the whole P1 manufacturers championship was up to Toyota's participation, then I think FIA-ACO might have wanted to play nice.
Nicolas Lapierre seems to disagree with you- http://twitter.com/#!/Nico_Lapierre
Old 6 Feb 2012, 09:34 (Ref:3022055)   #1561
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
I have no doubt that Toyota will try and make at least most of the races following Sebring--if nothing else, it gives them some legitimate on track testing that they might not have had otherwise and can give them a huge start on 2013. More miles, more opportunities to learn and evolve, and the quicker they can do that, the quicker they can take on Audi at LM, or even possibly leap ahead.

One of the problems of Cadillac's program was that it focused too much on private testing and not enough in-race testing. I don't think that it'll be an issue for Toyota now, and they'll certainly have a good balance now.
Old 6 Feb 2012, 15:37 (Ref:3022200)   #1562
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Nicolas Lapierre seems to disagree with you- http://twitter.com/#!/Nico_Lapierre
I'm not disagreeing, but that doesn't change what Toyota said officially.
Old 6 Feb 2012, 21:04 (Ref:3022349)   #1563
TF110
Veteran

United States
They changed their stance on entering certain rounds. What's hard to see? You even have their driver stating they'll do every round except Sebring. Show me where Toyota said in their new statement what you're suggesting.
Old 6 Feb 2012, 21:38 (Ref:3022370)   #1564
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
They changed their stance on entering certain rounds. What's hard to see? You even have their driver stating they'll do every round except Sebring. Show me where Toyota said in their new statement what you're suggesting.
I said that I expect them to race in every race minus Sebring but my point was that the PR just doesn't 100% clearly confirm this because we don't know on what conditions Toyota entered the championship. But this is now pointless after seeing that tweet by Lapierre.
Old 6 Feb 2012, 21:43 (Ref:3022374)   #1565
tyronnezx
Racer

Sri Lanka
New Zealand
tyronnezx has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
hey guys on another note, any news on whos going to be driving the second car? or even an idea when the driver lineup for the second car will be announced? we've all seen the links with Buemi but he had signed up as the third driver for the RB8 so where does his chances lie?
Old 6 Feb 2012, 21:43 (Ref:3022375)   #1566
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks for putting that one to bed.

So who's off to Spa...
Old 6 Feb 2012, 21:47 (Ref:3022377)   #1567
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyronnezx View Post
hey guys on another note, any news on whos going to be driving the second car? or even an idea when the driver lineup for the second car will be announced? we've all seen the links with Buemi but he had signed up as the third driver for the RB8 so where does his chances lie?
Not officially announced, but Ishiura is on the 24 entry list as the driver.

Despite Buemi's test drive signing for sure he won't be driving much.
Old 6 Feb 2012, 22:02 (Ref:3022382)   #1568
tyronnezx
Racer

Sri Lanka
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Not officially announced, but Ishiura is on the 24 entry list as the driver.

Despite Buemi's test drive signing for sure he won't be driving much.
cheers for that, im just curious to see if any of the Peugeot refugees had jumped on the Toyota ship. Im with everyone that says Toyota should goto sebring or at least test the car there before Lemans. in saying that tho does anyone know if Toyota will return to paul ricard for the mid feb-test?
Old 6 Feb 2012, 22:07 (Ref:3022387)   #1569
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I figure the thinking behind the drivers for the second squad changed in light of the Peugeot news.

I truly believe they were going to enter two cars at LM regardless but now there are some choice drivers on the market. They'd be daft not to at least explore their options.
Old 6 Feb 2012, 22:11 (Ref:3022391)   #1570
evanPGH
Rookie

United States
evanPGH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm still crossing my fingers for Toyota to sign Montagny.
Old 6 Feb 2012, 22:13 (Ref:3022394)   #1571
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanPGH View Post
Maybe Ullrich is considering putting him in the 4th Audi. Ha. That would be a hoot. But, yeah, you would think that Davidson would be a pretty hot commodity at the moment. Bourdais too, but I think he already has plans to be in the Pescarolo Dome.
Old 6 Feb 2012, 22:19 (Ref:3022396)   #1572
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGD View Post
Maybe Ullrich is considering putting him in the 4th Audi. Ha. That would be a hoot.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xipnO9gofhI
Old 6 Feb 2012, 22:23 (Ref:3022400)   #1573
tyronnezx
Racer

Sri Lanka
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGD View Post
Maybe Ullrich is considering putting him in the 4th Audi. Ha. That would be a hoot. But, yeah, you would think that Davidson would be a pretty hot commodity at the moment. Bourdais too, but I think he already has plans to be in the Pescarolo Dome.

yeah i think Nico Minassian had been snapped up and so had Bourdais. the only ones i would really want to see in that car are Davison or Pegenaud or Douval. not too sure about frank tho
Old 6 Feb 2012, 22:43 (Ref:3022413)   #1574
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanPGH View Post
That would make it very hard for me to cheer for them, even though I really don't want Audi to dominate.
Old 7 Feb 2012, 00:19 (Ref:3022439)   #1575
TF110
Veteran

United States
^Why is that? What's wrong with Montagny? Or is it that you think Toyota should go with others? On the testing side, I hope they test Sebring. Then we could have a comparison of lap times in some sense. Anyone know the layout they used @Ricard, and how those times compare?