Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 14 Jan 2021, 15:19 (Ref:4029009)   #1576
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
She definitely made progress in Clios
Arguable! Not troubling the podium in a field of eight-ish cars isn't BTCC material for me. If she can get on the grid, she can get in the grid, but it annoys me that for some mysterious reason she is rated so highly, when I doubt she'll register a point all season. :/
Old 14 Jan 2021, 15:25 (Ref:4029011)   #1577
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
As predicted by my good self!
doesn't make it any less horrific for those of us staring at having to magic up another months worth of money from nowhere.

however i very much understand this from a commercial perspective. hopefully it'll make the "hopefully we'll be allowed hospitality" a bit more concrete for those dependant on selling it and from a spectator point of view we'll get a steady, full season grid with a decent crowd around to witness it.
Old 14 Jan 2021, 15:47 (Ref:4029020)   #1578
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
So the season will start in Thruxton for the first time since 2010 and the fifth time since 91. At least we shouldn’t have to wait as long as last time for the season to start and it’s good that they are trying to make sure spectators can attend. It’s what will help the series survive
Old 14 Jan 2021, 15:53 (Ref:4029028)   #1579
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
As predicted by my good self!
Indeed, although I can't say it was unexpected.
Old 14 Jan 2021, 16:11 (Ref:4029032)   #1580
Robshillito1990
Racer

Robshillito1990 is a back marker
Quote:
So the season will start in Thruxton for the first time since 2010 and the fifth time since 91. At least we shouldn’t have to wait as long as last time for the season to start and it’s good that they are trying to make sure spectators can attend. It’s what will help the series survive
Let's face it what's really happened here is MSV have said "we aren't running 2 rounds with no spectators when if later in the season we might be able to have spectators at all of our meetings." All about money. Even though tracks like thruxton need the money more than any of the MSV tracks do.
Old 14 Jan 2021, 16:27 (Ref:4029040)   #1581
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
May start for 2021 BTCC?.....
Blimey
Old 14 Jan 2021, 16:42 (Ref:4029042)   #1582
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If they want all rounds with crowds then they might be waiting until a similar time to last year to get started.
Old 14 Jan 2021, 16:44 (Ref:4029043)   #1583
Robshillito1990
Racer

Robshillito1990 is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
If they want all rounds with crowds then they might be waiting until a similar time to last year to get started.
Not being funny 2021 is going to be another year with no spectators.
Old 14 Jan 2021, 16:46 (Ref:4029046)   #1584
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I fear that too but let's be optimistic
Old 14 Jan 2021, 16:47 (Ref:4029047)   #1585
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robshillito1990 View Post

And what makes you so sure about that?
Old 14 Jan 2021, 16:49 (Ref:4029048)   #1586
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I am inclined to concur. I have tickets for a number of sporting events but bought them in hope rather than expectation.

Wee Jimmie Krankie won't even allow a Gentleman to step over the threshold of an establishment to collect his deep fried Mars bar. Presumably the proprietor delivers said snackette in an over arm style through open door way whilst would be consumer stands far away with a large butterfly net hoping to catch it.

I live in hope...
Old 14 Jan 2021, 16:57 (Ref:4029051)   #1587
mprmke
Racer

mprmke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I didn't have any info on it, but when it was mentioned on here yesterday that the third BTC driver was someone who competed in the BTCC last season, but not a full season, my hunch was that it was Edwards.

In my opinion, Edwards is a good "third" driver for BTC. Don't think she has shown anything like the form or ability to be a BTCC-class driver on merit if you're going to be super-critical, but did perfectly OK under the cicumstances in the PMR drive and appeared to be cleaner and safer than many other drivers who have "competed" at the back end of the grid. She also isn't a "chequebook" driver and brings some positive publicity at the back end of the grid. If a team like BTC runs 3 cars, the third car is always going to be piloted with someone who is likely to be very much towards the back of the grid. That is just to be expected.

The problem is their "second" driver. Josh Cook, in a decent car, with a reasonable run of luck is a potential title-challenger. To make that happen though, realistically, they need a much, much better driver than Crees backing him up....!
Old 14 Jan 2021, 17:03 (Ref:4029055)   #1588
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Yes that is my expectation too, but August will be the point where they either go ahead without crowds or don't bother at all, like it was this year. It's not really feasible to leave it any later. Even getting 9 rounds in last year was a real struggle and not something many teams would want to repeat.
Old 14 Jan 2021, 17:09 (Ref:4029057)   #1589
JDMROB
Racer

JDMROB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
Yes that is my expectation too, but August will be the point where they either go ahead without crowds or don't bother at all, like it was this year. It's not really feasible to leave it any later. Even getting 9 rounds in last year was a real struggle and not something many teams would want to repeat.

I think if everyone's still locked down come August, no spectators at BTCC will be the least of our worries.
Old 14 Jan 2021, 19:36 (Ref:4029100)   #1590
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Arguable! Not troubling the podium in a field of eight-ish cars isn't BTCC material for me. If she can get on the grid, she can get in the grid, but it annoys me that for some mysterious reason she is rated so highly, when I doubt she'll register a point all season. :/
Why so angry? If there's someone you think is better, maybe you should direct your frustration at them for being not as good at getting sponsors?

People need to forget about the 90s. Even the BTC Touring era was 20 years ago!
Old 14 Jan 2021, 20:46 (Ref:4029112)   #1591
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Why so angry? If there's someone you think is better, maybe you should direct your frustration at them for being not as good at getting sponsors?
Not sure how you got anger out of that? I'm not going to start an argument... my opinion is that she'll struggle to finish inside the top 20, and that BTC have a completely wasted line-up. And it is painful to scroll through hundreds of comments saying she'll be winning races and getting podiums.
Old 14 Jan 2021, 20:55 (Ref:4029113)   #1592
Daverb
Rookie

Daverb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Totally agree with this. So depressing.

Oh and Edwards news. Meh...
Old 14 Jan 2021, 22:57 (Ref:4029126)   #1593
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
Not sure how you got anger out of that? I'm not going to start an argument... my opinion is that she'll struggle to finish inside the top 20, and that BTC have a completely wasted line-up. And it is painful to scroll through hundreds of comments saying she'll be winning races and getting podiums.

Where are all these comments about her winning races and getting podiums? I don’t see any, at least not on here
Old 14 Jan 2021, 23:03 (Ref:4029129)   #1594
Evantra
Veteran

England
https://twitter.com/tgr_wrc/status/1...743557633?s=21

I imagine the same livery the Corollas will get.
Old 14 Jan 2021, 23:09 (Ref:4029132)   #1595
mprmke
Racer

mprmke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Plato raving about how good the new GR Yaris is on Twitter (I know several people who have bought one..... DO believe the hype!)

Does that add any fuel to the fire of the odd Plato/Speedworks rumour I’ve seen flying round?
Old 15 Jan 2021, 08:50 (Ref:4029166)   #1596
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mprmke View Post
Plato raving about how good the new GR Yaris is on Twitter (I know several people who have bought one..... DO believe the hype!)

Does that add any fuel to the fire of the odd Plato/Speedworks rumour I’ve seen flying round?
Lots of motoring media have. Chris Harris did and he holds a race licence too but he's not signing for Speedworks either.

Plato has a PMR 2021 contract. It's the 2020 contract every party agreed to pause on and roll forward a year. Jason personally said it on 15 different podcasts and interviews during the year.
Old 15 Jan 2021, 09:04 (Ref:4029168)   #1597
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's been mentioned on the thread that some don't know where the idea of Proctor potentially leaving Excelr8 came from.

Skip to the 10mins marker. He doesn't say anything groundbreaking but interesting to hear it from the man directly instead of a thirdhand rumour.
https://youtu.be/OSGKSOvgh1k
Old 15 Jan 2021, 09:24 (Ref:4029173)   #1598
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

AnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Where are all these comments about her winning races and getting podiums? I don’t see any, at least not on here
Look at the official BTCC facebook page. The general sentiment there is Jade is on her way to being F1 champion in the next couple of years.

Ok, I might be exaggerating a little bit but the amount of hype is out of proportion to her results and is going to put a lot of pressure on her.

It's a shame in many ways that she does have such a spotlight on her but I guess without it she wouldn't raise the money so it's good and bad.
Old 15 Jan 2021, 10:54 (Ref:4029192)   #1599
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
It's been mentioned on the thread that some don't know where the idea of Proctor potentially leaving Excelr8 came from.

Skip to the 10mins marker. He doesn't say anything groundbreaking but interesting to hear it from the man directly instead of a thirdhand rumour.
https://youtu.be/OSGKSOvgh1k
Interesting comments from him, between the lines making out that Exceler8 might not be as professional as they seem?
Old 15 Jan 2021, 11:01 (Ref:4029193)   #1600
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
https://twitter.com/tgr_wrc/status/1...743557633?s=21

I imagine the same livery the Corollas will get.
I am not a fan.
The livery of their hypercar looks much better.