Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 13 Oct 2010, 14:17 (Ref:2774388)   #1576
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I still feel these two have a coming together in them. Whoever comes over this potential incident will win the title.
Old 13 Oct 2010, 15:02 (Ref:2774405)   #1577
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
I have the feeling that the next two rounds are Webber's and the WDC is done.
What makes you think that mate? No one has been to Korea yet, though McLaren expect to go well there, their f duct should come to the fore and as for Brazil, sure, Webber won there last year, but Vettel started 15th, making his way up to 4th, only 19 seconds behind. Very impressive.
Old 14 Oct 2010, 00:40 (Ref:2774642)   #1578
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
Mark has not had an ongoing start problem.

Literally every car he has driven over his career has been designed badly for starts.

Verdict: not one bad start has been his fault.
Nice one knowlsey
Old 14 Oct 2010, 00:54 (Ref:2774646)   #1579
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Actually I am not so sure that Korea, certainly in S1, is that favourable to the Red Bulls..... three straights, of which one is said to be the longest in F1 does not play into their strengths. Certainly the track thereafter (S2 and S3) seems to be better suited to the RB's with plenty of high speed corners but.....

I dont think it will be the RB benefit many seem to think it will be.
Old 14 Oct 2010, 20:18 (Ref:2775079)   #1580
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Actually I am not so sure that Korea, certainly in S1, is that favourable to the Red Bulls..... three straights, of which one is said to be the longest in F1 does not play into their strengths. Certainly the track thereafter (S2 and S3) seems to be better suited to the RB's with plenty of high speed corners but.....

I dont think it will be the RB benefit many seem to think it will be.
I predict a finishing order of.....

1) Hamilton/Button
2) Hamilton/Button
3) Alonso
4) Vettel
5) Webber
Old 14 Oct 2010, 21:43 (Ref:2775128)   #1581
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
I predict a finishing order of.....

1) Hamilton/Button
2) Hamilton/Button
3) Alonso
4) Vettel
5) Webber
Brave man V. Personally I don't think McLaren's fuct will give them enough of an advantage. They have enough of a job getting the rest of the car to work properly from circuit to circuit.

I see Red Bulls v Alonso from here on in.
Old 14 Oct 2010, 23:06 (Ref:2775161)   #1582
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Best Mark follows his own advice and wins one of the remaining races. The sooner the better from his point of view.
Old 15 Oct 2010, 03:05 (Ref:2775197)   #1583
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
I'd rather he win all three of them but one is a start
Old 15 Oct 2010, 05:58 (Ref:2775223)   #1584
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Can't argue with that!
Old 15 Oct 2010, 08:22 (Ref:2775260)   #1585
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post

Yep, absolutely agreed!
Old 15 Oct 2010, 08:24 (Ref:2775262)   #1586
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Brave man V. Personally I don't think McLaren's fuct will give them enough of an advantage. They have enough of a job getting the rest of the car to work properly from circuit to circuit.

I see Red Bulls v Alonso from here on in.
I do like your shortening of f-duct chunterer...
Old 15 Oct 2010, 11:52 (Ref:2775311)   #1587
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Personally I don't think McLaren's fuct...
I do.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 15 Oct 2010, 12:18 (Ref:2775326)   #1588
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralf's Girl View Post
I do.
Kind of Freudian slip on my part perhaps...........
Old 15 Oct 2010, 20:53 (Ref:2775560)   #1589
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
McLaren's fuct
F U C T ? Failed Under Continuous Test?
Old 15 Oct 2010, 21:44 (Ref:2775576)   #1590
Wims
Veteran

Norway
Wims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Webber wins another one it would be really, really good for his championship. He's the only one that has the chance to have a DNF and still win the championship imo. So it does look alot like Webber will take it this year
Old 15 Oct 2010, 23:23 (Ref:2775602)   #1591
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Kind of Freudian slip on my part perhaps...........
Maybe not. there's supposed to be an improved version on the way, so fuct could be spot on.
Old 16 Oct 2010, 01:59 (Ref:2775625)   #1592
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wims View Post
If Webber wins another one it would be really, really good for his championship. He's the only one that has the chance to have a DNF and still win the championship imo. So it does look alot like Webber will take it this year
I don't think that even Webber can recover from a single DNF either.
Old 16 Oct 2010, 02:35 (Ref:2775626)   #1593
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
I don't think that even Webber can recover from a single DNF either.
Well, maybe if he took Vettel out with himself.....
Old 16 Oct 2010, 13:13 (Ref:2775756)   #1594
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Don't forget the other person...
Old 16 Oct 2010, 13:47 (Ref:2775765)   #1595
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Or vice-versa, more likely.......
Old 18 Oct 2010, 19:54 (Ref:2776827)   #1596
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Webber just has to beat Vettel in a race - hope he can, dont look good though!

I say take Vettel out & really cause some $hit cause i reckon if Hamilton gets close to Webber, he will go for a gap...

Glad i got money on Alonso
Old 22 Oct 2010, 11:40 (Ref:2778361)   #1597
OZ_HCR32
Veteran

OZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Crunch time. Vettel must beat both Alonso and Webber this weekend. If he beats both then its on for the last two GPs. If he fails to beat Alonso and it means on points the RBR pilots are split by Alonso then surely they will be trying to make sure that Seb isnt taking points off Webber with Alonso in tow.

So, say we see an Alonso, Webber then Vettel result (unlikely as figure Lewis will be in there somewhere especially if the tyres are graining etc) then Webber will be 7 ahead of Alonso but 17 ahead of Vettel. With Alonso so close, would RBR want Vettel going for broke in Brazil and Abu Dhabi.

I am all for letting them race but that would be crazy! Hopefully Webber can string together a good weekend and put himself 24+ points clear of the punters with two GPs to go.

Oh, and a friends theory over a beer tonight regarding Horner coming out and saying that Vettel is the teams future and they will be building around him is code for "Seb, 2010 is not your year...shadow Mark, help us secure both championships and you are our boy for as long as you are signed with us"

Me, i think thats a nice story but cant see the merit in that thinking myself
Old 22 Oct 2010, 14:46 (Ref:2778428)   #1598
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah it is crunch time this weekend for the Red Bull team. Webber has to beat Vettel and Alosno this weekend to put him in a good position. That means also out qualifying Vettel to give him the upper hand. Not an easy task as I think Vettel is probably the best qualifier in F1 at the moment. But Mark has done it before. We are at a new track so it should be interesting. Plus I think rain is scheduled for race day.
Old 22 Oct 2010, 18:05 (Ref:2778487)   #1599
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ_HCR32 View Post
Oh, and a friends theory over a beer tonight regarding Horner coming out and saying that Vettel is the teams future and they will be building around him is code for "Seb, 2010 is not your year...shadow Mark, help us secure both championships and you are our boy for as long as you are signed with us"
Hmm, your our future, only 14 points behind in the championship, 3 races left to go and you've had the momentum over the last couple of races, so please let your team mate win?

Your friend doesn't get this F1 malarkey
Old 22 Oct 2010, 20:59 (Ref:2778540)   #1600
OZ_HCR32
Veteran

OZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I dont think anybody else has had a 14 point advantage all year, or led the championship for as long as Webber this year...or as many laps in the lead as Webber this year. He is doing a good enough job, but you do get the feeling that Seb can be that little bit special over the coming races.

I did read that RBR have new software in the car these days that affects how the car handles with its blown diffuser, they seem to think it has taken the slight edge Webber had with driving the car and given it back to Vettel with regards to outright pace. Makes sense when you look at the relative pace of each driver this year

Last edited by OZ_HCR32; 22 Oct 2010 at 21:16.