Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 31 Jul 2023, 11:50 (Ref:4170801)   #1601
PhilipR
Racer

Romania
London
PhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlandsman View Post
Can someone explain to me why there even needs to be a cap on spaces? I get it that some tracks do not have room, but surely the series is good enough to go to places that do? or I am guessing they do not PAY as much!
You also have to consider the entry list for le mans
If you increase the WEC entry to 45-50 - you only have 17-12 spaces available for cars from IMSA - ELMS and Asian Le mans Series to get on the grid at Le Mans - so how do you chose between these then?

Also with only HY and GT3 in WEC means the remaining 12-17 spaces as above would be for LMP2 meaning strong gt teams might miss out on Le Mans
Old 31 Jul 2023, 12:26 (Ref:4170811)   #1602
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Obviously LM needs to have reserve entries in case. The WEC teams of course get priority, but there is enough room for top teams from other series. The system they have to who has priority is quite good. There should still be enough room for teams doing it as a one off. It's good they are continuing with LMP2 at LM too.
Old 1 Aug 2023, 14:19 (Ref:4170942)   #1603
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
15 spots for a non WEC, spec class is a very royal allocation imo.
Old 1 Aug 2023, 14:44 (Ref:4170947)   #1604
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
15 spots for a non WEC, spec class is a very royal allocation imo.
But there are plenty of capable teams in there
Old 1 Aug 2023, 18:45 (Ref:4170979)   #1605
Matador
Racer

Matador should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Good list, don't know about the 2nd Caddy but with it that is already 36 cars. Do we know for sure there will be 2 additional 963 Porsches?

I suppose not for sure yet, but Proton are up for a second 963 and I can't help but think Jota will probably want one too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
For example, if we're at an odd number of full season Hypercars, I really don't see Vanwall staying on the grid at the expense of a manufacturer presence like Ford/Mercedes for example.

2x Toyota Gazoo
2x Ferrari AF Corse
2x Penske Porsche
2x Peugeot TE
2x BMW WRT
2x Cadillac CGR
2x Alpine
1x Lamborghini Iron Lynx
1x JOTA Porsche
1x Proton Porsche
1-2x Privateer Porsche TBC
1x Isotta Fraschini

1x Floyd V*nw*ll

2x Porsche Manthey
2x Corvette TF
2x Ferrari AF Corse
2x Lamborghini Iron Lynx
2x BMW WRT
2x Lexus Akkodis ASP
2x Ford Proton
2x Aston TBC (HoR?)

2x Mercedes TBC

Have I missed anything (credible)?

So..... We're writing off Glick for sure?
Old 1 Aug 2023, 18:50 (Ref:4170980)   #1606
Matador
Racer

Matador should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matador View Post
I suppose not for sure yet, but Proton are up for a second 963 and I can't help but think Jota will probably want one too.

Right, so about those JOTAs

And of course @joeb posted the link regarding Proton's plans
Old 1 Aug 2023, 18:58 (Ref:4170981)   #1607
S griffin
Veteran

I hope JOTA goes through with it, would be a great opportunity for drivers and reward for the team. Could do with a couple more Porsches at least
Old 2 Aug 2023, 02:49 (Ref:4171005)   #1608
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matador View Post

So..... We're writing off Glick for sure?
I think we all know the writing is on the wall but are reluctant to say it out loud.
Old 2 Aug 2023, 07:32 (Ref:4171017)   #1609
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I fear so.
Old 2 Aug 2023, 13:44 (Ref:4171056)   #1610
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Then again, anyone hear about any future plans from Vanwall? Unless they do an overhaul of their challenger for the '24 season, ByKolles will be in exactly the same position as Glickenhaus was this season.
Old 3 Aug 2023, 12:10 (Ref:4171185)   #1611
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Could it be the initial decision was set to use the Peugeot as a base, and now they aren't sure that is a good idea?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Just fantasy:

Wouldn’t it be fun if the based it on Peugeot, but had a wing!
Apparently yes, this was the plan.

https://www.si.com/fannation/racing/...-for-2024-lm22

"With this transition, Alfa Romeo's leaders have been exploring different paths. Jean-Philippe Imparato, the Managing Director, shared that their investigation ranged from pondering a World Endurance Championship entry with Peugeot to maintaining their footing in Formula One."
Old 3 Aug 2023, 12:28 (Ref:4171187)   #1612
S griffin
Veteran

That sounds good. Would love to see Alfa compete at LM, so I'm not really surprised they are willing to give it a go. I could have expected them to do it with another manufacturer, even Merc. I couldn't see them going with Peugeot, but I wouldn't rule it out, although unlikely
Old 3 Aug 2023, 12:56 (Ref:4171193)   #1613
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
That sounds good. I could have expected them to do it with another manufacturer, even Merc. I couldn't see them going with Peugeot
Well said. Wait a little bit and you'll see you've been heard.
Old 3 Aug 2023, 14:44 (Ref:4171208)   #1614
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It would be an exercise in using the Peugeot chassis, design the outer body to their (Alfa Romeo's) aspects, and install a power train based on either F1 or production. An engine based on the turbocharged one in their sedan and SUV would prove very well.
Old 5 Aug 2023, 09:13 (Ref:4171449)   #1615
S griffin
Veteran

I would think they would look at Peugeot as an example of how not to do it and not make the same mistake. I am sure Alfa would use a lot of F1 tech in their sportscar with help for others. Not sure they would go turbocharged or use inspiration from not sporty road cars
Old 5 Aug 2023, 10:08 (Ref:4171451)   #1616
Irie
Racer

Irie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
How would Alfa have F1 tech? 'Alfa Romeo' in F1 is just a badging exercise of Sauber which will even stop next year. 2024 they put a badge on Ferrari engines in Haas
Old 5 Aug 2023, 13:43 (Ref:4171476)   #1617
Tique
Racer

France
Paris
Tique should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I really don't anderstand Alfa Romeo. Staying in F1 to be the last of the grid. What is the point?
Old 5 Aug 2023, 15:12 (Ref:4171491)   #1618
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Management, staff, suppliers, and customers around the world can go to GP in association with a team.

Many more eyes on them than sportscar.

There is more chance of success for the smaller teams within F1 than ever. The salary cap is only going to help that more as it goes on. If you’re going for that now is not the time to leave. Further this means that the model is more sustainable.

Their history is more F1 than Le Mans. They’ve had some brilliant and lovely looking sports cars, but it’s not really their bag recently. It’s a long time since they won in F1, but at Le Mans they have not won since pre war.
Old 5 Aug 2023, 15:22 (Ref:4171494)   #1619
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
Well, if Alfa is choosing to stay in F1, then Maserati to would be an even better choice for FIAT/Stellantis. They have just introduced their latest production-based GT2 challenger, which could be the design base for a LMH/LMDh racer.

Just putting that out there...
Old 6 Aug 2023, 02:50 (Ref:4171561)   #1620
merak1974
Racer

Norway
Oslo
merak1974 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by veeten View Post
Well, if Alfa is choosing to stay in F1, then Maserati to would be an even better choice for FIAT/Stellantis. They have just introduced their latest production-based GT2 challenger, which could be the design base for a LMH/LMDh racer.

Just putting that out there...
...and Maserati is just about to unveil their track-only hypercar (based on the MC20), which surely must be an excellent base for developing a capable LM contender.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a4...k-car-details/
Old 6 Aug 2023, 10:06 (Ref:4171571)   #1621
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by merak1974 View Post
...and Maserati is just about to unveil their track-only hypercar (based on the MC20), which surely must be an excellent base for developing a capable LM contender.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a4...k-car-details/
They are getting more and more involved in racing. Hopefully they'll find a good team to help them run it
Old 6 Aug 2023, 19:35 (Ref:4171696)   #1622
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
If the Nettuno 3.0 L V6 can reliably maintain that 730hp, then I don't see an issue with them building around it, be it LMH or LMDh.
Old 7 Aug 2023, 08:09 (Ref:4171741)   #1623
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by veeten View Post
If the Nettuno 3.0 L V6 can reliably maintain that 730hp
Going from 630hp for the road going version (emissions norms compliant) to reliable 730hp looks feasible for a full race version. Will they retain the precombustion chamber on the race version is another question. I don't think fuel efficiency could be an issue.
Old 7 Aug 2023, 10:07 (Ref:4171755)   #1624
S griffin
Veteran

I think with the right tuner it can work. It's more than just increasing power. Hopefully they will be allowed to keep the precombustion engine. I'm sure that would help it's reliability and fuel efficiency
Old 7 Aug 2023, 12:41 (Ref:4171774)   #1625
Coach Ep
Veteran

I'm looking forward to an Alfa Romeo badged Maserati then!