Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 9 Mar 2020, 16:05 (Ref:3962526)   #1676
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And again;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0626.JPG   IMG_0643.JPG   IMG_0681.JPG  

IMG_0605.JPG   IMG_0695.JPG   IMG_0587.JPG  

Old 9 Mar 2020, 16:08 (Ref:3962529)   #1677
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And now for something completely different'
Attached Thumbnails
180.JPG   155.JPG   098.JPG  

089.JPG   IMG_9046.JPG   _MG_0249.JPG  

Old 9 Mar 2020, 17:13 (Ref:3962550)   #1678
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Did you technically touch something to the TVR pic? Amazing to say the least, I love all this work, you're so great and I'm so proud to be your friend. Really…

RBS, please, what is the white spyder? Did you have Peugeot 905 Spider (Martini for example) in this wonderful country? Those single seaters were really fantastic!
Old 9 Mar 2020, 22:57 (Ref:3962626)   #1679
bauble
Veteran

England
Mon ami, Gerard. Merci!

It is good to know I have a friend on the forum, and someone who appreciates my photographic efforts.

What more could a man ask?
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7626.JPG   IMG_7613.JPG   IMG_3878.JPG  

094.JPG   IMG_7687.JPG   IMG_3854.JPG  

Old 9 Mar 2020, 22:58 (Ref:3962627)   #1680
bauble
Veteran

England
For a friend, I do have two;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1381.JPG  
Old 10 Mar 2020, 06:41 (Ref:3962649)   #1681
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
What more could a man ask?
Mmmm, a DB 7!
Old 10 Mar 2020, 08:17 (Ref:3962666)   #1682
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post

RBS, please, what is the white spyder? Did you have Peugeot 905 Spider (Martini for example) in this wonderful country? Those single seaters were really fantastic!
I thought it was a Peugeot 207THP driven by Joey Foster in a support race to (I think) WEC round in approx. 2008-2009.
Old 10 Mar 2020, 08:44 (Ref:3962680)   #1683
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
I thought it was a Peugeot 207THP driven by Joey Foster in a support race to (I think) WEC round in approx. 2008-2009.
Walter Hayes 2008. Unfortunately I no longer have the program, as I sold a whole box full to JT some years ago. He may be able to help.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5638.JPG   IMG_5643.JPG   IMG_5648.JPG  

IMG_5654.JPG   IMG_5656.JPG   IMG_5657.JPG  

Old 10 Mar 2020, 08:46 (Ref:3962681)   #1684
bauble
Veteran

England
What's next?
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7785.JPG   IMG_7687g.jpg   IMG_7786.JPG  

IMG_7795.JPG   IMG_7799.JPG   IMG_7806.JPG  

Old 10 Mar 2020, 08:50 (Ref:3962683)   #1685
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Think you got it right RBS, its a one make spider cup, very good looking and well policed restrictive regulation.
Hooo, une Capri, c'est gentil. Looks like a Grp1. Is the driver English or more likely Irish?
Old 10 Mar 2020, 08:55 (Ref:3962685)   #1686
bauble
Veteran

England
So as not to upset the FF lads, here are a few where everyone is pointing in the right direction;
Well, mostly.
Attached Thumbnails
FF1.JPG   IMG_7687.JPG   IMG_7691.JPG  

IMG_7649.JPG   IMG_7603.JPG   IMG_7601.JPG  

Old 10 Mar 2020, 20:12 (Ref:3962855)   #1687
Malcolm Smith
Veteran

Malcolm Smith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Think you got it right RBS, its a one make spider cup, very good looking and well policed restrictive regulation.
Hooo, une Capri, c'est gentil. Looks like a Grp1. Is the driver English or more likely Irish?
Gerard,
Capri is Grp.1, driver Robin Benn, from Cumbria, England.
Old 10 Mar 2020, 21:56 (Ref:3962885)   #1688
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Thanks Malcolm I'm sure we've been discussing about this driver and car before. Wasn't the subject something like "hard to compete with a real Grp1 against Grp 1,5", right?
Old 11 Mar 2020, 19:49 (Ref:3963133)   #1689
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
So RBS, any comment about #1683? Those cars are pure jewels.
Old 11 Mar 2020, 21:10 (Ref:3963153)   #1690
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
So RBS, any comment about #1683? Those cars are pure jewels.
All nice cars, 1 & 6 Lotus 15's, 2 Austin Healey 3000, 4 Elva Mk5? & 3 & 5 Lister costin's, no5 may be a Corvette engined car.
Old 11 Mar 2020, 21:25 (Ref:3963160)   #1691
bauble
Veteran

England
Rather busy today, so a bit late in posting anything, but... ;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7675.JPG   IMG_7677.JPG   IMG_7685.JPG  

135.JPG   IMG_7805.JPG   _MG_0087.jpg  

Old 11 Mar 2020, 21:32 (Ref:3963163)   #1692
bauble
Veteran

England
My Tenths folder need topping up from the 'net, meanwhile a few more left overs to give you something to mull over;
Attached Thumbnails
_MG_0031 b.jpg   _MG_0567.JPG   IMG_1382.JPG  

IMG_1406.JPG   IMG_0792.JPG   163.JPG  

Old 11 Mar 2020, 21:34 (Ref:3963164)   #1693
bauble
Veteran

England
Wet Formula Fords;
Attached Thumbnails
094.JPG   IMG_7629.JPG   IMG_7631.JPG  

IMG_7641.JPG   IMG_7647.JPG   IMG_7689.JPG  

Old 11 Mar 2020, 21:38 (Ref:3963165)   #1694
bauble
Veteran

England
Let's get rid of them for a while;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7694.JPG   IMG_7740.JPG   IMG_7752.JPG  

FF2.JPG   IMG_7610.JPG   IMG_3723.JPG  

Old 11 Mar 2020, 21:41 (Ref:3963166)   #1695
bauble
Veteran

England
Not many left for now;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1336.JPG   IMG_1371.JPG   IMG_1372.JPG  

IMG_1388.JPG   IMG_5630.JPG   IMG_7641r.jpg  

Old 12 Mar 2020, 07:03 (Ref:3963272)   #1696
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Brian A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
All nice cars, 1 & 6 Lotus 15's, 2 Austin Healey 3000, 4 Elva Mk5? & 3 & 5 Lister costin's, no5 may be a Corvette engined car.

Surely not an Elva Mk5 - looks rather like a Lola Mk 1 to me........

And does your assumption that the Lister in pic #5 may have a Corvette engine have anything to do with the fact that it has expired
Old 12 Mar 2020, 07:09 (Ref:3963276)   #1697
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
[QUOTE=Brian A;3963272]Surely not an Elva Mk5 - looks rather like a Lola Mk 1 to me........

OOps, I should have studied the pictures rather than a quick glance over them!!!!! Sorry.
Old 12 Mar 2020, 07:19 (Ref:3963277)   #1698
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Dear Monsieur Brian, let me tell you that Chevy engines are built tough, are brave and live forever. In a world with no Chevy engine you and me would have to speak japanese and eat nuddles everyday. When a conrod jumps outside the crank or a when a piston pops its normal. Those things are reminders to how good… freedom is!!!

So RBS, Thursday fever?
Old 12 Mar 2020, 07:38 (Ref:3963282)   #1699
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Brian A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Dear Monsieur Brian, let me tell you that Chevy engines are built tough, are brave and live forever. In a world with no Chevy engine you and me would have to speak japanese and eat nuddles everyday. When a conrod jumps outside the crank or a when a piston pops its normal. Those things are reminders to how good… freedom is!!!

So RBS, Thursday fever?

Cher Gerard,

It was simply a cheeky observation as I am a modest fan of Chevrolets, particularly Corvettes.

I recently acquired a '58 C1 Corvette and also own a '65 Gordon Keeble that uses the 327 cu inch C2 Corvette drivetrain.

They make an interesting contrast to a diminutive Climax engined Lotus.
Old 12 Mar 2020, 07:56 (Ref:3963289)   #1700
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian A View Post
Cher Gerard,

It was simply a cheeky observation as I am a modest fan of Chevrolets, particularly Corvettes.

I recently acquired a '58 C1 Corvette and also own a '65 Gordon Keeble that uses the 327 cu inch C2 Corvette drivetrain.

They make an interesting contrast to a diminutive Climax engined Lotus.
Dear Mr. Arculus,
May I refer you to another thread on this forum, that concerns itself with the results of unwise comment on 'Social Media'?