Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 28 Nov 2011, 18:21 (Ref:2992559)   #1701
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
2012 GT-Vette testing at Sebring this week

Really hope we can get some photos of that!
Old 28 Nov 2011, 19:29 (Ref:2992589)   #1702
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by picchiofan View Post
Ganassi's program is basically a side effort of his IRL team. Cars are run out of the same shop. The chassis are 4-5 years old, and it's a customer engine program. So while he's probably got the biggest budget in the GA paddock, he's nowhere near a Audi/Pug, and frankly probably not even in the range of a Muscle Milk/Leased Aston type setup.
FWIW, the amount that Stallings spent in their championship year, was more than Dyson spends per season, per car.

Keep in mind that the people costs, transportation, trucks, equipment, hotel, food etc.. are going to be the same, no matter what series you run...
Old 29 Nov 2011, 15:32 (Ref:2992995)   #1703
vaccarella
Rookie

vaccarella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
Corvette didn't build a DP. They've built a body shell, nothing more. This body shell will appear on Riley's, Coyotes and a Dallara I think.

The cost to build this, is probably nowhere near 75% of what a LMP would cost, particularly when the design was already done and wind tunnel tested, though obviously modified some.
Actually, Pratt & Miller built the car that premiered at Daytona, from the ground up. They did so under the supervision of Chevy and GM, just as the factory car was.

Pratt & Miller is a sub-contractor of Coyote, who holds the constructors licence.

For the first time in the history of the class, you will see one body on three different chassis. I do not suspect that this will be the norm as far as the class is concerned. I do suspect that teams like the options that this presents.

As far as cost is concerned, 75% might be a tad high! I'm thinking more like 60%, with more cost contained due to all the other expensive add-on's that an LMP requires.

For Nino
Old 15 Dec 2011, 16:55 (Ref:3000318)   #1704
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Don't know if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but the Bear tweeted that Garcia will get a full-time ALMS seat (Beretta out) and Westbrook will be in the Spirit of Daytona DP.
Old 15 Dec 2011, 17:10 (Ref:3000327)   #1705
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Beretta out ..... didnt see that coming . Was his performance below par this year ?
Old 15 Dec 2011, 18:36 (Ref:3000385)   #1706
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Beretta out ..... didnt see that coming . Was his performance below par this year ?
I don't know how his performance compared to the other Vette drivers, I didn't pay that close of attention to the GM drivers. But I will say we probably should wait for an official announcement from the team (since the source I quoted was the Bear )
Old 15 Dec 2011, 18:40 (Ref:3000388)   #1707
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It is possible that Beretta has gotten another seat!?
Old 15 Dec 2011, 19:43 (Ref:3000415)   #1708
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
It is possible that Beretta has gotten another seat!?
Sure, there are a few possible seats open in Corvette DP's I think.
Old 15 Dec 2011, 21:09 (Ref:3000450)   #1709
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Perhaps Beretta will be with Larbre running a GTE-Pro car in the WEC? It was talked about before.

Last edited by Accident; 15 Dec 2011 at 21:26.
Old 16 Dec 2011, 01:41 (Ref:3000572)   #1710
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I saw some awesome new prints for Corvette Racing and the Corvette DP today at our printer. They should have some great stuff for fans this year!
Old 16 Dec 2011, 02:51 (Ref:3000594)   #1711
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I know Beretta was tipped to be on the way out for a while, but I am a little surprised Milner is getting another shot. First year in the team must allow for some leeway because he made a couple of costly, foolish moves this year. Learning curve I suppose. Garcia deserves the seat he got though!
Old 16 Dec 2011, 05:55 (Ref:3000625)   #1712
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Sure , he made some mistakes , but he also put in some excellant drives too . I thought he did brilliantly .
Old 16 Dec 2011, 10:16 (Ref:3000680)   #1713
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And he is American.
Old 16 Dec 2011, 11:11 (Ref:3000709)   #1714
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
And he is American.
And your point is ?
Old 16 Dec 2011, 11:31 (Ref:3000726)   #1715
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
We all knew it was coming for Beretta... he's been a fantastic, fantastic asset to the team but there comes a time when new (or fresher) blood is desperately needed. 2011 was full of silly mistakes, but at least he did grab the biggest trophy. Good luck for his future projects, which I assume/hope include seat on the Larbre vette.

Garcia is a good pairing for Tommy, but Westbrook would've been better
Old 16 Dec 2011, 12:48 (Ref:3000782)   #1716
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
And your point is ?
That until a better american option comes along Milner isnt going anywhere.
Old 16 Dec 2011, 14:46 (Ref:3000826)   #1717
The Badger
Veteran

I dont think there is anything wrong with Milner . Obviously Corvette and P&M dont either , otherwise he would be on his bike . You think he is there just cuz he is a young American ..... I dont think that cuts much with P&M .

Corvette need at least 2 young American guns in their cars , imo .
Old 16 Dec 2011, 15:16 (Ref:3000837)   #1718
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
That until a better american option comes along Milner isnt going anywhere.
They might be better off putting Johnny O back in the car! I know that won't happen, but I think Johnny could have done at least what Tommy Gun did last year plus more. Maybe Milner has a contract that GM does not want to break or maybe they want to give him more time to prove his worth. Aside from Le Mans (which is a big aside granted), Milner's performance was less than impressive. I don't know why GM does not give Lawson Aschenbach a fair chance in the Corvette. I don't know why they even have him under contract if they are just going to waste him. I guess GM's loss is Honda's gain. Lawson is super quick, reliable, intelligent (has an engineering degree from Vanderbilt), and seems to be marketable just as much as Milner.

It does seem odd that RLL-BMW gives more Americans a shot than Corvette, but I guess a lot of that has to do with Rahal. He had a lot of Americans in his Indycars too. As much as gomers want to hate "Rahole," he has a much better track record when it comes to putting young Americans in seats than Foyt and other IRL luminaries.
Old 16 Dec 2011, 17:29 (Ref:3000895)   #1719
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
Quote:
I dont think there is anything wrong with Milner . Obviously Corvette and P&M dont either , otherwise he would be on his bike . You think he is there just cuz he is a young American ..... I dont think that cuts much with P&M .

Corvette need at least 2 young American guns in their cars , imo .
I think you are getting the wrong end of the stick, i have known Tommy for several years and have worked with him on projects before and he is a very nice and talented lad, i never said he wasn't.
Old 16 Dec 2011, 19:02 (Ref:3000942)   #1720
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Any test pictures yet of next year's car?
Old 16 Dec 2011, 19:05 (Ref:3000943)   #1721
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
I think you are getting the wrong end of the stick, i have known Tommy for several years and have worked with him on projects before and he is a very nice and talented lad, i never said he wasn't.
Ah , I was under the impression that you thought he wasnt up to par ..... all is clear now

I think that guy is brilliant ..... young and a few mistakes have happened , but he has a long road ahead of him , and the mistakes will vanish , I am sure .
Old 16 Dec 2011, 20:39 (Ref:3000977)   #1722
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGD View Post
Lawson is super quick, reliable, intelligent (has an engineering degree from Vanderbilt), and seems to be marketable just as much as Milner.
I'd like to see Lawson get a chance too, and maybe throw Boris Said in there for fun!
Old 16 Dec 2011, 21:53 (Ref:3001005)   #1723
kyoung
Racer

United States
kyoung should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkyoung should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would like to see what Mike Skeen could do.
Old 16 Dec 2011, 22:01 (Ref:3001008)   #1724
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think Tom is a great guy too, remember him well from many many years ago when SCGT was the 'sim' of choice and we were both active on the same boards. I was merely talking about in-car performance this year, which was a little checkered. Some very good stuff, some very questionable stuff. As has been pointed out, there are other concerns than on-track performance, so it makes sense that he stays. For this reason it also makes sense that Beretta goes. I also consider it very unfortunate that Lawson keeps getting overlooked for a top seat, as he has a lot of potential.
Old 17 Dec 2011, 05:31 (Ref:3001096)   #1725
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
One thing to note as well is that Paul Edwards will be in the Autohaus Camaro next year, not in the Spirit of Daytona DP where he was (with Garcia) last year.

If the rumor of Garcia getting moved up into a real Corvette and Westbrook off to the DP is true, then with Edwards being moved back back into a GT car that means there is still an open seat in the DP. Hopefully we will see another GM factory/related driver get the seat.

Is Aschenbach still with GM or has he moved on to Honda? I heard a rumor mentioned of Mike Skeen being watched by GM last year, but I don't know how much truth there was to it.