Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 29 Jun 2012, 20:44 (Ref:3099987)   #1701
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Don't forget their NASCAR involvement, their South American touring car involvement, new British TC, SuperGT/JGTC... Where's the Peugeot thread anyway?
Old 29 Jun 2012, 20:54 (Ref:3099992)   #1702
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
To me it will either be 2 years or at least 4 years - I cant see them building a 2014 car for just one year.

Remember that Toyota is a big company and a WRC programme and a Le Mans programme will still cost much less than the F1 programme
It's a TMG & Denso Project with Toyota's nod!
Old 4 Jul 2012, 12:00 (Ref:3101842)   #1703
Plex
Rookie

Plex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Former Peugeot Sports Director is gone....I guess when he said they not returning for long time he also meant he would not be there also...

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/100866
Old 4 Jul 2012, 14:40 (Ref:3101933)   #1704
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i was thinking that rebellion will need new cars next year! knowing that surely the team is the richeast between private teams, why don't they try to buy an unsued 908? maybe they could do as pescarolo did with the amr-one! they could buy the rights of the chassis, make some modifying and use the the rv8k engine, calling the car rebellion 01 or something like that.
Old 4 Jul 2012, 14:52 (Ref:3101937)   #1705
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexkiller8 View Post
i was thinking that rebellion will need new cars next year! knowing that surely the team is the richeast between private teams, why don't they try to buy an unsued 908? maybe they could do as pescarolo did with the amr-one! they could buy the rights of the chassis, make some modifying and use the the rv8k engine, calling the car rebellion 01 or something like that.
Peugeot stated when closing the program that the 908 wouldn't race again.
And in that statement it's understood that it's in any form!
Old 4 Jul 2012, 22:46 (Ref:3102168)   #1706
alexkiller8
Veteran

i remember in late 2010, darren turner said that prodrive was fully involved in the amr-one project and that the lola aston cars would be retired or sold to collectors. As we all know in 2011 the lola aston was used by three different team between ALMS/ILMC/LM, running 13 races in just one season! an effert that the car never had, not even in 2009/2010 seasons. So don't take as absolute truth everything you read or listen...
Be realistic, 908 aero and technology is currently outdated! peugeot won't lose a thing selling a chassis to a private team; while rebellion will obtain a car that surely won't be able to fight against audi and toyota but will be a painkiller for all the other private cars.

Last edited by alexkiller8; 4 Jul 2012 at 22:57.
Old 4 Jul 2012, 22:52 (Ref:3102171)   #1707
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
i remember in late 2010, darren turner said that prodrive was fully involved in the amr-one project and that the lola aston cars would be retired... as we all know in 2011 the lola aston was used by three different team between ALMS/ILMC/LM. So don't take as absolute truth what you read or listen...
Darren Turner(race car driver)...As opposed to PSA chairs/ Peugeot team bosses. Maybe if a peugeot driver is the one that said this perhaps they could be back but Peugeot has said this.
Old 4 Jul 2012, 22:55 (Ref:3102173)   #1708
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis
Definitive source for this, please.
We were told this on the pit visit.
The Toyota board has indeed approved a 3 year program. (2012, 2013 and 2014)
This is my understanding also. I don't think you need a source. Its true.
Old 4 Jul 2012, 22:59 (Ref:3102178)   #1709
alexkiller8
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
Darren Turner(race car driver)...As opposed to PSA chairs/ Peugeot team bosses. Maybe if a peugeot driver is the one that said this perhaps they could be back but Peugeot has said this.
the same PSA head that ensured quesnel one week before that their endurance program was still confirmed, and one week later they folded... a very coherent and firm decision.
BTW, these are only speculations... is just my opinion that if rebellion need to have a new car, will be cool if they try to get a 908 to rebrand than a dome to develope...
Old 5 Jul 2012, 01:57 (Ref:3102211)   #1710
Bubak
Rookie

Bubak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBubak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Be realistic, 908 aero and technology is currently outdated!
So these are quite strong words I think. 908 created a paradox, it was a car that worked quite reliably for all race tracks, even though (by a definition) has been developed for Le Mans, but well Porsche curves decided.

As well as the first test case of Toyota's chassis, I think If the Peugeot 908 would used purpose (and effective) treatment as for front aero in the form of Toyota's (as the second and third race chassis), remove the low-drag configuration which embark air just above the car and not into car, similar as 2012 Rebellion Lola and HPD 03A, and it would be well.

Simply, because everyone knows, each of us. Look at the Peugeot's front was literally as like an arrow, an inspiration from low-drag configuration 908 HDi FAP which connected devices in use since LM2009 in the resolution of their brakes and cooling system and on the sides wasn't....ehm...nothing. :-)

I dare say, if the car has got improved front side and otherwise dealt with by Peugeot, so would the Porsche curves were much much better and it would be better car with much much more grip and better time.

And another thing, not everything simple must bad indeed. Sometimes simple solution is the best way.

Indeed, the question is as to exactly looked Peugeot 908 for Le Mans 2012. Thus, the editing rules (big holes etc ...) and those adjustments. Perhaps maybe inspired by Toyota. Perhaps something new engineeging stuff had for us for Le Mans (as we know how looked 908 Hybrid4/normal car for Sebring only, maybe...but we do not really know how much Peugeot could improve, as for example like new aero after Sebring in 2011 for Spa and Le Mans for rest of the season.) We really do not know what they had (and have!) in their minds. :-))

And maybe, at the very end of this message. Perhaps Peugeot really really needed a better aero and inspiration (as in the case when 905 helped Dassault) by some French aero company from first time.

Last edited by Bubak; 5 Jul 2012 at 02:00. Reason: edit and add one sentence
Old 5 Jul 2012, 13:47 (Ref:3102415)   #1711
aneesh99
Veteran

United Kingdom
aneesh99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Be realistic, 908 aero and technology is currently outdated! peugeot won't lose a thing selling a chassis to a private team; while rebellion will obtain a car that surely won't be able to fight against audi and toyota but will be a painkiller for all the other private cars.
Fair point but that technology is the same thing that soundly thrashed the 'innovative' and 'futuristic' R18 in the ILMC last year. I know that wouldn't necessarily translate to this year but Peugeot had shown good development from 2007 onwards.

Rebellion wouldn't be able to afford a factory P1 car for one, spares would be a mission to get considering Peugeot shut down the P1 effort. And I don't think they'd want to shoot themselves in the foot by throwing away their relationship with Toyota. I think it's more conceivable that they could run a satellite operation subsidized by TMG.
Old 5 Jul 2012, 14:18 (Ref:3102421)   #1712
alexkiller8
Veteran

the world "outdated" doesn't automaticly mean "old"! let's say that 2011 908 has still a really good aero efficency but is useless to say that audi and toyota developed a 2012 package that is better than than the 2011 peugeot one! this is the meaning of outdated. About engines you're right, because of this i said that (remember that is just a speculation) rebellion should buy the chassis and the rights of the chassis too to have the possibility to use the rv8klm engine and toyota transmission on it.
Is just my opinion, if i was rebellion head and i need to have a new car, repet, i would prefer to have a 908 to rebrand than a dome to develope.
Old 5 Jul 2012, 14:32 (Ref:3102425)   #1713
aneesh99
Veteran

United Kingdom
aneesh99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
if i was rebellion head and i need to have a new car, repet, i would prefer to have a 908 to rebrand than a dome to develope.
Now I can definitely agree with that. Will be interesting to see what Rebellion do next season
Old 5 Jul 2012, 14:49 (Ref:3102436)   #1714
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
But again. We won't see the 908 in LMP1 in any shape or form. It's dead.
Old 5 Jul 2012, 15:12 (Ref:3102446)   #1715
alexkiller8
Veteran

who knows, never say never
Old 5 Jul 2012, 15:15 (Ref:3102448)   #1716
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Never say never is true in many cases.
But this time, i'm afraid that the 908 in LMP1 racing for good! (In any case, the only chance for a return is 2013)
Old 5 Jul 2012, 15:21 (Ref:3102453)   #1717
alexkiller8
Veteran

if you mean a return of peugeot sport in lmp1 in 2013... well i guess that this is the most unrealistic scenario.
Old 5 Jul 2012, 15:23 (Ref:3102455)   #1718
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
if you mean a return of peugeot sport in lmp1 in 2013... well i guess that this is the most unrealistic scenario.
I mean a return of the 908 in any shape or form.
Old 5 Jul 2012, 16:25 (Ref:3102479)   #1719
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Are we really still talking about Peugeot leaving/coming back?
Old 5 Jul 2012, 16:32 (Ref:3102482)   #1720
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Are we really still talking about Peugeot leaving/coming back?
Apperently .
Old 5 Jul 2012, 17:22 (Ref:3102502)   #1721
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Can you please stop beating a dead horse?

There will be no more Peugeot in sports car racing until they decide to launch a brand new programme which is not happening until the company makes a substantial turnaround on their financial issues.
Old 5 Jul 2012, 17:25 (Ref:3102505)   #1722
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
Can you please stop beating a dead horse?

There will be no more Peugeot in sports car racing until they decide to launch a brand new programme which is not happening until the company makes a substantial turnaround on their financial issues.
And with the announcement of 10 thousand jobs in the PSA Group being cut in France very soon, it's even less likely. Not even if someone pays for the cars. With Peugeot Sport more or less dead, no development can be done, spare parts would be non-existent, there will be no factory engineers on-hand to maintain the cars...

Let's face it, the 908 might see the race track again. In 10-20 years time. If a collector gets his hands on one.
Old 5 Jul 2012, 17:27 (Ref:3102506)   #1723
alexkiller8
Veteran

more than dead horse, 908 is a horse that has gone in early retirement. A dead horse can be the amr-one, maybe an agonizing one.
Old 5 Jul 2012, 18:37 (Ref:3102527)   #1724
Nick6
Racer

United States
Nick6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The 908 will run again in due time...

at Goodwood!
Old 5 Jul 2012, 19:12 (Ref:3102541)   #1725
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Let's face it, the 908 might see the race track again. In 10-20 years time. If a collector gets his hands on one.
The 908 HDI FAP, has already gone into collector hands, and is able to return to the track when he/she wants it .
But not as a race car, only as a track car.
Quote:
more than dead horse, 908 is a horse that has gone in early retirement. A dead horse can be the amr-one, maybe an agonizing one.
And still, it is dead, as it will never race competitively.