Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 14 Jul 2021, 15:22 (Ref:4061007)   #151
WyldStallion
Veteran

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
When the Spa 24 entry list got posted earlier, first think I looked for was to see if there were any Acuras and Lexus on it. Nope there is not.

Just found this article about why there is not Acura NSX there. Good article

https://www.motorsport.com/gtwce-end...uette/6629622/

And yeah the NSX is pretty good. It was the real winner at Kyalami I think. Also found it to be a good car on Assetto Corse Competizone too :-)
Old 15 Jul 2021, 18:04 (Ref:4061112)   #152
W2Motorsport
Racer

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
W2Motorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldStallion View Post
When the Spa 24 entry list got posted earlier, first think I looked for was to see if there were any Acuras and Lexus on it. Nope there is not.

Just found this article about why there is not Acura NSX there. Good article

https://www.motorsport.com/gtwce-end...uette/6629622/

And yeah the NSX is pretty good. It was the real winner at Kyalami I think. Also found it to be a good car on Assetto Corse Competizone too :-)
I wish it was better on ACC. It's got unfavorable BOP at a lot of tracks. It does okay at the IGTC tracks and a few others but on the whole it's .5 or more off per lap at some of the more common tracks.
Old 15 Jul 2021, 19:45 (Ref:4061120)   #153
WyldStallion
Veteran

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by W2Motorsport View Post
I wish it was better on ACC. It's got unfavorable BOP at a lot of tracks. It does okay at the IGTC tracks and a few others but on the whole it's .5 or more off per lap at some of the more common tracks.
Good point, it does seem a tad slower at Misano and Nuburgring on ACC but it drives smooth. Acura NSX very quick at Spa.

For real its a good car. A shame it has not caught on in Europe. There is one in GT Open though.
Old 16 Jul 2021, 07:52 (Ref:4061162)   #154
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've always found nsx and 2019 vantage gt3 the easiest cars to drive on ACC, other MR cars like R8, huracan etc... for some reason use to be very unstable on rear
Old 29 Jul 2021, 11:14 (Ref:4063735)   #155
GregUK
Racer

GregUK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Qualifying at 19.50hrs (BST) tonight.

Live on a YouTube near you!
Old 30 Jul 2021, 17:27 (Ref:4064013)   #156
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!
Superpole here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEcU979tWgo

Live timing: https://www.totalenergies24hours.com...ve#live-timing

Will Ten Tenths ever update their forum UI to support embedded Youtube videos?
Old 30 Jul 2021, 18:01 (Ref:4064016)   #157
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Currently watching Super-

*Current lap car <X> cancelled, track limits.*

-pole. Yep, that's how it's been so far...
Old 31 Jul 2021, 01:50 (Ref:4064072)   #158
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari333SP View Post
Superpole here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEcU979tWgo

Live timing: https://www.totalenergies24hours.com...ve#live-timing

Will Ten Tenths ever update their forum UI to support embedded Youtube videos?
Potentially! There is way more to it than an update unfortunately, but changes are on the way.
Old 31 Jul 2021, 14:40 (Ref:4064147)   #159
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Nobody watching the race ?
Old 31 Jul 2021, 14:46 (Ref:4064151)   #160
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
I am, it's hard to be really excited given what's happened in preparation but every 24H race is going to have its moments.
Old 31 Jul 2021, 14:52 (Ref:4064154)   #161
WyldStallion
Veteran

The opening laps of the Spa 24 is a beautiful site to see with all of these GT cars. I got things to do and some difficulte children to handle throughout the day and a wife who does not tolerate me sitting around much watching sports live.

Nowadays the value of a 24 hour race to me is how re-watchable it is on replay. A race littered with inclement weather and safety car periods is not that re-watchable. Hope for a dry clean one. Its 20 minutes in as I type this so far so good.

Not too much to analyze from it yet really won't be until sunrise Sunday morning.

In relation to the broadcast team, I think Ryan Myhren as a commentator for this race is great, as he does excellant work. And John Watson is a god.
Old 31 Jul 2021, 14:52 (Ref:4064155)   #162
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Van der Linde already had to reset the car (32) and fell back to 51st.
That's not looking great ...
Old 31 Jul 2021, 14:52 (Ref:4064156)   #163
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
FCY - god knows why
Old 31 Jul 2021, 14:53 (Ref:4064157)   #164
WyldStallion
Veteran

Quote:
I am. Youtube English broadcast as I am typing this has 26325 views. Kind of low I think.
Old 31 Jul 2021, 14:53 (Ref:4064158)   #165
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
The #32 had no chance anyway, but Audi's bad luck may as well befall the least well-placed car.

FCY, for debris presumably...
Old 31 Jul 2021, 14:54 (Ref:4064159)   #166
WyldStallion
Veteran

Quote:
FCY
Well thats fine if they take care of the issue and let them go green again....the problem is if these jokers decide to throw the safety car. Bunch them back up needlessly which of course delays the green flag by another 3 minutes (or more) each time.
Old 31 Jul 2021, 14:55 (Ref:4064160)   #167
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
Estre has just fallen off the timing sheet.

Could he have gone off, or has the #20 just pitted?

Edit - More cars dropping down, including Rigon. Cameras rather conspicuously not showing any footage of Radillon.

I think that's enough evidence. I hope everyone is okay.
Old 31 Jul 2021, 14:59 (Ref:4064161)   #168
bentley speed 8
Veteran

Sri Lanka
bentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
seems like something pretty big
Old 31 Jul 2021, 14:59 (Ref:4064162)   #169
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
Estre has just fallen off the timing sheet.

Could he have gone off, or has the #20 just pitted?

Edit - More cars dropping down, including Rigon. Cameras rather conspicuously not showing any footage of Radillon.

I think that's enough evidence. I hope everyone is okay.

Rigon, Estre, Perrera, Aitken ?
Old 31 Jul 2021, 15:00 (Ref:4064164)   #170
bentley speed 8
Veteran

Sri Lanka
bentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, they've all dropped down to the bottom. Hope everyone is okay. The lack of footage is a bit concerning.
Old 31 Jul 2021, 15:01 (Ref:4064165)   #171
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
It is. I wouldn't advise looking at the onboards - I'm surprised that they've left those up, given that they're rightly not showing the aftermath on the main feed.

Quote:
Rigon, Estre, Perrera, Aitken ?
Yep, all four dropped like stones on live timing. Confirmed on stream that they're the drivers.

I've already seen one massive off today, with potentially serious injuries. I'm desperately hoping this isn't the second.
Old 31 Jul 2021, 15:02 (Ref:4064166)   #172
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And race control saying 30 minute FCY. Not enjoying this.
Old 31 Jul 2021, 15:03 (Ref:4064167)   #173
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Seems really really bad, praying everyone’s ok.

Image on Twitter from an onboard camera going past the incident, my hearts sunk, it’s been an horrendous accident. Please god
Old 31 Jul 2021, 15:07 (Ref:4064170)   #174
WyldStallion
Veteran

So what the heck happened? Is information being withheld on purpose?
Old 31 Jul 2021, 15:08 (Ref:4064171)   #175
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldStallion View Post
So what the heck happened? Is information being withheld on purpose?
They aren't saying anything until they can definitively update on the status of the drivers involved.

Honestly, that's the best way forward in the circumstances. We can all infer that this is a serious incident.