Old 17 Oct 2008, 20:19 (Ref:2314965)   #151
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This weeks round up from Sarah-Jane:-

Well as promised I have an update.

But my update is going to include a weeks worth of news.

Over the last week Andy has made astounding progress, we are extremely proud of him, and his progress shows his true strength of character and willpower. He is amazing and as I have said previously he never ceases to amaze us daily.

This past week has seen Andy move from ICU to trauma, on trauma he has managed to walk a little everyday,until he can now walk to the end of the corridor and back. He is also going to the gym daily.

He has finally had a shower on his own. Can now lift his arms up to shoulder height. Had all the tubes feeding him, giving him oxygen and also helping him with other bits and pieces removed. But the biggest thing aside from all of the above, is he had his trache removed, and is now eating solids as a result of this and also drinking tiny sips of fluid.

I could never have imagined that in a week he would have achieved all of this, but then again knowing him as I do, I really should not be surprised, he is not a quitter,and has the strength of an ox.

The best thing that happened today however was that he has now been moved to a hospital much closer to home, so he can be closer to Sara and the children,and this in itself will be just the motivation he needs to get him through. He is extremely lucky to have Sara as his wife,and he is so happy everyday when he see's her,add to that him now being able to see his children and I can only begin to imagine how he will feel.

So I am going to make this my 2nd to last post, my final one will be for Andy when he leaves hospital.

I would once more like to thank everyone who has followed this thread, and our postings, wishing Andy and his family well along the way.You will never know how much these posts and inparticular this thread has helped us as a family.

Thank you all again

Much Love

Sarah Jane xx
Old 18 Oct 2008, 15:50 (Ref:2315317)   #152
johnw
Veteran

England
Chichester - 1/2 mile from Goodwood
johnw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Excellent news! Well done Andy and family.

Look forward to your final post Sarah -Jane.
Old 18 Oct 2008, 19:42 (Ref:2315430)   #153
peteh
Racer

United Kingdom
Stockport
peteh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fantastic news, i'm so glad that everything is moving in the right direction and Andy is making such great progress. All the best Pete.
Old 18 Oct 2008, 20:34 (Ref:2315462)   #154
Robin_D
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Warwickshire, UK
Robin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Isn't that the best news to come along for a long long time??
Old 19 Oct 2008, 21:35 (Ref:2316235)   #155
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thats really great to read.

Hopefully it won't be too long until Andy is back home.
Old 20 Oct 2008, 00:13 (Ref:2316300)   #156
Urgentemente
Racer

United Kingdom
Liverpool,UK
Urgentemente should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great to hear the excellent progress that Andy is making,
and again, thanks for keeping us updated.
Old 20 Oct 2008, 06:53 (Ref:2316383)   #157
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This really is good news; wonderful to hear the progress that Andy is making and that he has been moved closer to his family.
Old 20 Oct 2008, 09:22 (Ref:2316499)   #158
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Fantastic news,
Thanks for the updates Sarah Jane. I hope we have been able to help you with our support and we praise you, you're mum, dad and especially Sara, for being so strong during this traumatic experience. Please send Andy our best wishes to Andy and give him a big pat on the back, if it doesn't hurt!
Hopefully he can be back home in time for Christmas.
All the best,
Nick.

Give me an A...............
Old 20 Oct 2008, 12:44 (Ref:2316664)   #159
Elementary
Rookie

Elementary should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That is the most fantastic news to hear on a miserable Monday in London.
I am so very very pleased (and relieved) that Andy is making such an astounding and wonderful recovery. Although having read the numerous posts on this and other forum sites and got an idea about Andy's character, I can't say i'm surprised.

My thoughts and much love are still with you all as Andy continues to recover and I cannot wait to hear that he is, at last, back home with his loving family.

Annie
Old 20 Oct 2008, 17:17 (Ref:2316813)   #160
JIMGOD
Racer

United Kingdom
huthwaite
JIMGOD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Been following this thread from day 1, Fantastic news to hear Andy is doing so well, looking forward to the Going Home post now.
All my thoughts are still with you all and hopefully Andy will be home soon.
Old 20 Oct 2008, 17:57 (Ref:2316842)   #161
vw_nut
Veteran

England
hereford
vw_nut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
that is fantastic hoope he comtinues this recovery back to full health
Old 20 Oct 2008, 18:04 (Ref:2316851)   #162
stuarty101
Rookie

Scotland
Blackburn,West Lothain
stuarty101 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great news, I was at Silverstone and have been following Andy's progress through-out and look foward to that last post when he finaly goes home,To Sara & Sara-Jane my sincere thanks for keeping us all informed and all the best for the future,Andy we hope to see you racing again soon.
Old 20 Oct 2008, 18:53 (Ref:2316898)   #163
Paul Newns
Veteran

Paul Newns should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fantastic news. I hope Andy continues is recovery and gets home as quickly as possible.
Old 21 Oct 2008, 17:48 (Ref:2317727)   #164
RIXGE
Racer

RIXGE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How great is that, this will be one massive weight off all your shoulders now. The process of rebuilding your lives can start again. The thoughts now turn to having Andy closer to you all ,and the excitement of finally having him home will be fantastic for the kids too.
Best leg forward from now on !
Excellent news.

Rick.
Old 21 Oct 2008, 18:29 (Ref:2317759)   #165
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think we should also give a mention to Adam Sharpe and especially Richard Dean, the two other drivers involved in this unfortunate accident. They must also have had a hard time in recent weeks. I sure they are feeling a lot happier now. Well done Andy and keep it up.
Old 21 Oct 2008, 23:08 (Ref:2317948)   #166
waddles0362
Rookie

waddles0362 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A very good thought...whilst we may all have been concentrating on Andy (and family) as the badly injured... I would guess that the recent news has been a great relief to both, and their own friends and family.....
I can't imagine how I'd feel if I thought such a major prang was my fault, however accidentally.....

Adam & Richard, all the best to you both, hope you feel able to go back to maximum competition...

Best regards

Nik
Old 22 Oct 2008, 14:22 (Ref:2318359)   #167
Robin_D
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Warwickshire, UK
Robin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
OK, I have just read at PH that Andy was released from Hospital on Monday evening.

How good is that news??
Old 22 Oct 2008, 14:49 (Ref:2318378)   #168
johnw
Veteran

England
Chichester - 1/2 mile from Goodwood
johnw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Excellent!
Old 22 Oct 2008, 15:03 (Ref:2318387)   #169
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hurrahhhhh...

from Sara

Sorry for the gap in posting but I've had a busy couple of days caring for Andy who was discharged from Hospital late on Monday evening!!!!!!!!!! He is now on familiar ground to continue his recovery and altough we still have a way to go, least he is home. He does want to write himself but is just not up to it at the minute so until he is, I just wanted to let you all know.

You are also right about Richard Dean and I contacted the team directly after the accident to wish him well, Sj has also been in contact so he is most definately in our families thoughts.

Thank you once again for all your amazing support and I hope it won't be too long before Andy posts here for you all to read.

Sara xxxx
Old 22 Oct 2008, 15:08 (Ref:2318390)   #170
gachjoel
Veteran

Wales
Cardiff
gachjoel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgachjoel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thats excellent news to hear.
just make sure he got enough batteries for the remote control
Old 22 Oct 2008, 15:30 (Ref:2318408)   #171
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
Sara,
That is just the best news. You must be so happy.
Don't let him become a couch potato, he has to get up and get his own cup of tea
I'm so pleased for you all, well done.

Nick.
Old 22 Oct 2008, 15:43 (Ref:2318412)   #172
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great news
Old 22 Oct 2008, 18:22 (Ref:2318504)   #173
mini1400
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chelmsford, Essex
mini1400 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brilliant news!
Old 22 Oct 2008, 20:17 (Ref:2318557)   #174
peteh
Racer

United Kingdom
Stockport
peteh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fantastic news.
Old 22 Oct 2008, 23:13 (Ref:2318662)   #175
photoman
Rookie

photoman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Absolutely awesome! To Sara, Sara-Jane and all the family, you have all my love and respect for what you have been through. The road is still a long one and we will be thinking of you all the way. To Andy; Keep up the fight, I want to be at Silverstone when you complete the lap whether it be in a TVR or a humble Fiesta, I want the photo to add to my collection. Good luck for a speedy recovery and with a crew like yours, it shouldn't take long.

Andy G