Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 22 Sep 2002, 16:22 (Ref:385966)   #151
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
And they're off !!!

The real start... you can't magine the thunder sound !
Old 22 Sep 2002, 16:23 (Ref:385967)   #152
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
And the winner is...
Old 22 Sep 2002, 16:26 (Ref:385969)   #153
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
One hour later...

The second category... serious ! From 1949 to 1956...

You can't imagine how fast are the old ladies... and how hard they fight !!!
Old 22 Sep 2002, 16:28 (Ref:385970)   #154
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Off again !

And the start of the second category...
Old 22 Sep 2002, 16:29 (Ref:385972)   #155
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
A nice one...

Sure you'll like this one... see this engine ?!?
Old 22 Sep 2002, 16:30 (Ref:385974)   #156
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Third category...

Those ones are beasts too...
Old 22 Sep 2002, 16:32 (Ref:385978)   #157
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
The real start....

We had to wait a few between the races on saturday evening... but it was worst it !
Old 22 Sep 2002, 16:35 (Ref:385979)   #158
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
The fourth : my favorite category...

Any comments ?
Old 22 Sep 2002, 16:36 (Ref:385980)   #159
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fourth start

They're gone in the sunset...
Old 22 Sep 2002, 16:37 (Ref:385981)   #160
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fifth...

Sunday morning... the 917 and the Ligier had already disapeared...

Stoffer will explain how...
Old 22 Sep 2002, 16:39 (Ref:385983)   #161
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Another winner...

Ray Bellm was unbeatable in that beast...
Old 22 Sep 2002, 16:41 (Ref:385986)   #162
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
One of my favorites...

And it will be the last... sorry that those pictures are not better (I'm not very good in that stuff, hey Kdr !), but lots will follow (Ayse, ready ?)... just to wait for the real ones !

And so much memories... reserved your agenda for 2004 !
Old 22 Sep 2002, 20:32 (Ref:386120)   #163
Rhino
Racer

Rhino should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice one Fab, im not sure all these photos make me feel better or worse!
Old 23 Sep 2002, 00:12 (Ref:386224)   #164
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like a good time had by all. Seems the weather held out as well as it looks quite warm.

Crowd look like the dedicated in the latter races. Any chance of a results list ? Plus any great / unusual cars or drivers ? Or is there a website you could direct me too full the full results ?

Simon
Old 23 Sep 2002, 05:26 (Ref:386303)   #165
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by SL
Looks like a good time had by all. Seems the weather held out as well as it looks quite warm.
The weather was wonderful : so never trust me anymore about that subject (I forecasted showers !)

Quote:
Originally posted by SL
Crowd look like the dedicated in the later races. Any chance of a results list ?
Try this :
http://users.skynet.be/ris/manshisto/_index.htm

Quote:
Originally posted by SL
Plus any great / unusual cars or drivers ?
I was very impressed by Ray Bellm, Peter Hardman, Peter Neumark , and Wayne Percy... for the cars : the wonderful Chevrolet Stingray... and so many cars !

Quote:
Originally posted by SL
Or is there a website you could direct me too full the full results ?
See up there...
Old 23 Sep 2002, 10:53 (Ref:386474)   #166
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A great weekend.

I'm now completely knackered.
Old 23 Sep 2002, 13:26 (Ref:386607)   #167
The Brethren
Rookie

England
Greenhithe,Kent
The Brethren should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great set of photos there Fab.

Sadly I couldn't make it down to the Classic as I am in the process of moving house.

I'm sure I will be able to rouse the troops for next year's classic though.

In the mean time, roll on June 2003. See you there.

Rusty
Old 23 Sep 2002, 19:36 (Ref:386797)   #168
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hey Fab, how high is the resolution of those photos? Could you do a high res version of the running start for the 1960's cars for me?

Love 'em all.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 23 Sep 2002, 20:13 (Ref:386827)   #169
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Greta pics Fab. Fantastic!
Old 23 Sep 2002, 20:20 (Ref:386830)   #170
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
josvandeperre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brian Redman power sliding the 917 at the new chicane before the Dunlop bridge at 1130 at night - unbelievable spectacle - all the GT40's and little Chevron B16's - all the older stuff - the running starts - totally awesome weekend
Old 24 Sep 2002, 05:25 (Ref:387058)   #171
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by paul-collins
Hey Fab, how high is the resolution of those photos? Could you do a high res version of the running start for the 1960's cars for me?
Paul, they are really Hi-def... good for a wallpaper !

Just need your e-mail... and precise : want the third category or fourth category ? I think it's this last, pilots running, huh ?
Old 24 Sep 2002, 08:08 (Ref:387099)   #172
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well, that was quite a weekend.

First things first - a huge commiseration to Kpy for catching a dose of influenza the week before the event. I think that officially comes under the heading of "force majeure" when it comes to meetings not happening. Hope you were at least able to make the Sunday.

Well, my life is just that little bit more complete. I've now seen Porsche 917 and Bentleys at night on the circuit. I'm a happy man.

Fab, were you in the ACO tribune for those pix? Because you look as though you were so close to where we were for the first three grids. If perchance you glanced over your shoulder and saw three people and a baby just above a stairwell entrance, you will have seen us. I only wish it had been on Friday night in the old town, but when we got to the restaurant, the booking had been annulled, and a party of Japanese journalists (I think) had our table.
Old 24 Sep 2002, 09:47 (Ref:387150)   #173
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
josvandeperre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I actualy saw one of the Hurricanes yesterday at the Aire de la Somme - Blue it was in - midafternoon - would it be unfair to liken it to a Lotus Elan stretched ?
Old 24 Sep 2002, 11:02 (Ref:387179)   #174
stefan
Racer

United Kingdom
nr bristol, uk
stefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridstefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a marvellous wekend! There are very few racing events where you can get this close to the action - especially in the pits. At various times I chatted to people who had brought a maserati birdcage, the driver of a very early Aston for whom it was the first time he had raced in the dark (made even more daunting by the fact that he had the huge supercharged Mercedes SSK behind him), I pushed a stalled Bizzarini through the paddock, and best of all I saw the 917, lights blazing, wind up through the curves and scream down the start straight. What a noise.

Biggest surprise of the weekend was when the two people next to me kept pointing at the same cars I was looking out for - it was only Aysedasi and Stoffer! How's that for a coincidence?

The whole weekend was rounded off nicely by doing a couple of parade laps after the finish. Not quite as fast as I was expecting but still a lot of fun - hooting at all the flag waving marshalls and blasting down the start straight. The whole weekend was an experience I'll never forget.
If you ever get the chance - go!

I'll get some pictures up soon - and maybe a bit of a movie too

(KPY - I'm really sorry to hear about your flu - hope you're feeling better - maybe we'll meet up next time)
Attached Thumbnails
dscn8671s.jpg  

Last edited by stefan; 24 Sep 2002 at 11:04.
Old 24 Sep 2002, 12:23 (Ref:387226)   #175
the18racer
Rookie

the18racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a fabulous weekend...our team (no. 15) were 1st
on index and 2nd on scratch, and Peter and I managed 2nd on scratch in Plateau 2 in the D-Type.
We had a few dramas, though. My first (of two) flying lap in the Eleven was good enough for fourth on the grid, and both Simon and I got well under our qualifying time during the race. The dynamo pulley failed halfway round the first lap preventing the fan from working, so the temperature went off the clock. I pitted and my lads did a superb job, fitting a new shorter belt, having to run back through the crowds to fetch it. We only lost a lap...one of our American team mates said "I never seen a belt changed so fast in my ******** life".
Meanwhile, because we ran out of fuel in the D during qualifying, my first flying lap in the car was the first lap of the night race. The definition of the word "frightening" should be amended to "Driving a Jaguar D-Type for the first time at Le Mans at night on sheets of oil at 150 mph with your mirrors full of Maserati and Lotus". I have never been so glad to see the chequered flag.
simon was getting quicker in the Lotus and drove the next two stints. We got a hole in the rad from a stone kicked up by Harps' C and the car overheated again. I was able to hang on to Neil and Peter in the last race for the first two laps but then the car began to overheat and would not pull more than 5500 rpm in top and was coughing and banging, so I just stroked it home. By this stage we knew that all we had to do as a team was to get all the cars to the finish anyway, and that's exactly what we did. After that it was back to the hotel for a good jolly-up with Stoffer and Ayse and a good lunch yesterday.
I can't wait to go back...