Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 15 Mar 2011, 01:58 (Ref:2845916)   #151
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
The Panoz is so weirdly tall, which seems to add to the narrow look.
Old 15 Mar 2011, 02:07 (Ref:2845919)   #152
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I can't find which thread the discussion about older cars and fins was, so I'll just say it here: The Level 5 coupe has a fin. I thought this was a new 2010 car and didn't need a fin. Anybody have more insight?
Old 15 Mar 2011, 03:15 (Ref:2845929)   #153
profec291
Rookie

United States
San Leandro, CA
profec291 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Thats funny, I had the exact same thought!
and why didn't the camera man back up a little to get the entire front row in the picture?

edit: also doesn't the Abruzzi look narrow?
The ALMS Facebook page has the better class photo (all cars in the frame).
Old 15 Mar 2011, 03:53 (Ref:2845936)   #154
pdxracefan
Racer

United States
Oregon
pdxracefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As always this is early days. and noone is showing anything yet. It will only get more interesting each day during the week.
Old 15 Mar 2011, 03:55 (Ref:2845937)   #155
pdxracefan
Racer

United States
Oregon
We'll be on the mound at Gurney Curve (turn 6) all weekend. Plus a few other places I'm sure...
Old 15 Mar 2011, 03:57 (Ref:2845939)   #156
pdxracefan
Racer

United States
Oregon
And, it'll get really interesting on Saturday, around 10:30.
Old 15 Mar 2011, 05:02 (Ref:2845945)   #157
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Pinch me, I'm dreaming, I see several pictures of the Panoz running around!
Old 15 Mar 2011, 05:51 (Ref:2845947)   #158
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Audi Racer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
sheesh that panoz is ugly. But the question is...is it slow? lol
Old 15 Mar 2011, 06:23 (Ref:2845949)   #159
picchiofan
Racer

Iran
picchiofan User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audi Racer View Post
sheesh that panoz is ugly. But the question is...is it slow? lol
2 seconds off the pace of the GTC cars, about 7 seconds off the pace of the leaders in GT2.

So, yea, it's slow.
Old 15 Mar 2011, 11:09 (Ref:2846078)   #160
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by picchiofan View Post
2 seconds off the pace of the GTC cars, about 7 seconds off the pace of the leaders in GT2.

So, yea, it's slow.
Which really doesn't make a great deal of sense to be that far off the pace. The underlying chassis is pretty proven.
Old 15 Mar 2011, 11:47 (Ref:2846094)   #161
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Oh and if someone can tell us how the ARX-01e looks under acceleration compared to the various other front runners... Is it making up time in the corners or on the straights? There's a pic of it between an R15 and a 908 on EI and it really made me want to be there!
I think that based on the air restrictor formula for new and old diesel LMP1s and the fact that the new aero and opened up air restrictor for the HPD that the cars should be fairly equal in all areas now. The Audi R15, Oreca Pug 908 and the new factory Peugeot 908s may have a bit of a torque advantage over the HPD engine, but no where near as immense as in past years.

Also, the Audi R18 (not at Sebring) the AMR-One (not at Sebring), the HPD ARX-01e and the new Peugeot 908 have to currently run at 900kgs, while the Audi R15 and the Oreca 908 have to run at 930kgs as a result of the 2010 homoligation requirements. For the Audis to be on the pace of the 908's morning times with that extra weight shows us why Audi have tested at Sebring with the R15 back in Jan., and with the speed that the HPD has shown, is also a testiment to the work that they've done.
Old 15 Mar 2011, 15:14 (Ref:2846210)   #162
TerribleWone
Rookie

TerribleWone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the most interesting story for me this year is the question of how close that HPD will be to the oil burners. Rolling back the clock to 2009 they were driving a car that had just a bit more power but had to deal with the extra rolling resistance of big front tires and a pretty high downforce setup. The Audi and Pug were way up on power at the time so it was not surprising that they blitzed the acura. Now in 2011 HPD is back with a car that looks far more slippery and has lost not a boat load of power. Audi and Pug have had some drastic changes in power so perhaps the HPD will stand a better chance.
Old 15 Mar 2011, 15:16 (Ref:2846212)   #163
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerribleWone View Post
I think the most interesting story for me this year is the question of how close that HPD will be to the oil burners. Rolling back the clock to 2009 they were driving a car that had just a bit more power but had to deal with the extra rolling resistance of big front tires and a pretty high downforce setup. The Audi and Pug were way up on power at the time so it was not surprising that they blitzed the acura. Now in 2011 HPD is back with a car that looks far more slippery and has lost not a boat load of power. Audi and Pug have had some drastic changes in power so perhaps the HPD will stand a better chance.
Don't forget Dixon put the ARX-02 on the Sebring pole in 09 against the diesels. So there is hope!
Old 15 Mar 2011, 15:34 (Ref:2846219)   #164
TerribleWone
Rookie

TerribleWone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Don't forget Dixon put the ARX-02 on the Sebring pole in 09 against the diesels. So there is hope!
Yea that was awesome and it made be very happy until the first turn. I seem to recall the Pug and Audi steamrolled by as if the ARX-02 was sitting still. None the less I think this car has a even better chance of really pushing the oil burners. Additionally we all know that the engine and gearbox is very proven, heck so is the chassis. I hope Michelin put up enough money for highcroft to run the season... I want to see this car at mostport.
Old 15 Mar 2011, 15:37 (Ref:2846221)   #165
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Session 3 is GO!
Old 15 Mar 2011, 15:41 (Ref:2846225)   #166
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
whats up with the red flag
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 15 Mar 2011, 15:42 (Ref:2846226)   #167
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by arakis View Post
whats up with the red flag
Someone appears to have had issues on an out lap. Not sure who yet.
Old 15 Mar 2011, 15:45 (Ref:2846228)   #168
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
anyone else notice simon pagenaud has yet to drive the HPD
Old 15 Mar 2011, 15:45 (Ref:2846229)   #169
MihokS5
Racer

MihokS5 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Where are you guys getting timing from?
Old 15 Mar 2011, 15:47 (Ref:2846231)   #170
MihokS5
Racer

MihokS5 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
nevermind-I got it
Old 15 Mar 2011, 15:49 (Ref:2846233)   #171
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audi Racer View Post
anyone else notice simon pagenaud has yet to drive the HPD
Not according to Brabs:
Quote:
Myself, Simon and Marino have all driven today and we all realise the potential of the car.
source: http://www.highcroftracing.com/news/...ng-update.html
Old 15 Mar 2011, 15:51 (Ref:2846234)   #172
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yeah the listed drivers in T&S will not always be accurate for these test days.
Old 15 Mar 2011, 15:52 (Ref:2846235)   #173
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Yeah the listed drivers in T&S will not always be accurate for these test days.
Ok thanks i thought as much
Old 15 Mar 2011, 15:53 (Ref:2846237)   #174
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
i think Jaime Melo wants to play in GT2. he;s going very quickly now. monday im sure they only tried to see tire wear becasue their best was a 2.04.
Old 15 Mar 2011, 15:54 (Ref:2846238)   #175
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
As Murphy has just spotted on twitter, the first lap of the week for Jaguar.