Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 1 Feb 2013, 17:04 (Ref:3197495)   #151
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dempsey just announced 2 car GTC entry.
Old 1 Feb 2013, 17:06 (Ref:3197497)   #152
Mindspin13B
Racer

United States
ATL
Mindspin13B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
P2 blows my mind, 22 entrants plus like 6 reserves at LM24. But not a single confirmed entry in ALMS/Sebring
Old 1 Feb 2013, 17:09 (Ref:3197499)   #153
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindspin13B View Post
P2 blows my mind, 22 entrants plus like 6 reserves at LM24. But not a single confirmed entry in ALMS/Sebring
I really don't understand this either, but I suspect it's more to do with the fact that most of the P2 car builders (Oreca, Zytek, Lotus) are based in Europe, even HPD have a base in the UK. And importing a car from Europe and then sending it back for updates probably costs a bit too much for a US-based team. Just look at Starworks on their WEC campaign last year, they set up shop in Ireland for their WEC campaign as well as far as I'm aware.
Old 1 Feb 2013, 17:11 (Ref:3197500)   #154
Mindspin13B
Racer

United States
ATL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
I really don't understand this either, but I suspect it's more to do with the fact that most of the P2 car builders (Oreca, Zytek, Lotus) are based in Europe, even HPD have a base in the UK.
Right, it makes sense. Just crazy that not even 5-10 of those nearly 30 would want to come over and run over here.
Old 1 Feb 2013, 17:22 (Ref:3197503)   #155
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Right, it makes sense. Just crazy that not even 5-10 of those nearly 30 would want to come over and run over here.
Going for overall wins in ELMS rather than class wins in the US might have something to do with it as well.
Old 1 Feb 2013, 17:25 (Ref:3197505)   #156
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
I believe the uncertainties around the merger haven't helped either, for some time at the end of last year it was not know if P2 would be part of the new series for 2014 so a couple of potential runners saw their plans go down the drain (Dempsey has been particular vocal about this) because of backers not willing to invest in an uncertain future. Which makes sense...

P2 in Europe (and the rest of the world) was never in doubt.
Old 1 Feb 2013, 17:42 (Ref:3197513)   #157
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Quote:
I really don't understand this either, but I suspect it's more to do with the fact that most of the P2 car builders (Oreca, Zytek, Lotus) are based in Europe, even HPD have a base in the UK. And importing a car from Europe and then sending it back for updates probably costs a bit too much for a US-based team. Just look at Starworks on their WEC campaign last year, they set up shop in Ireland for their WEC campaign as well as far as I'm aware.
I think the popularity of LMPC has played a part in this as well in the ALMS.
Old 1 Feb 2013, 17:43 (Ref:3197514)   #158
GT3.14
Veteran

GT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
The Asian Le Mans Series has pulled quite a few P2 entries, I would like to know how the operational costs compare between the two regions.
I'm almost certain Starworks was based in Wales.
Old 1 Feb 2013, 18:12 (Ref:3197539)   #159
JLGarcia
Racer

JLGarcia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJLGarcia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I think the popularity of LMPC has played a part in this as well in the ALMS.
Popularity of LMPC and DP at similar (for the purposes of this thread, anyway) price points, the Lola situation, rules uncertainty re: #thefuture, advent of the WEC... I think it's a perfect storm of issues.
Old 1 Feb 2013, 18:16 (Ref:3197542)   #160
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLGarcia View Post
I think it's a perfect storm of issues.

I tend to agree.

L.P.
Old 1 Feb 2013, 21:42 (Ref:3197673)   #161
gregtummer
Veteran

gregtummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm surprised Level 5 isn't in. They are looking for some competition and have some.
Old 1 Feb 2013, 21:50 (Ref:3197678)   #162
Mindspin13B
Racer

United States
ATL
Hopefully L5 will enter to prepare for LM24.
Old 3 Feb 2013, 07:39 (Ref:3198418)   #163
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Why should they add more expense when its not part of a championship . I dont see many ALMS teams doing anything other than Le Mans ..... unless its part of their chosen championship .
Old 3 Feb 2013, 18:54 (Ref:3198691)   #164
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Since I'm an active Wikipedia member and editor, I have revised the entry list section of the 2013 12 Hours of Sebring Wikipedia article with my own, fancy table! :lol:

You can edit it if you want, too.

Does anyone have any news on Conquest Endurance and who the drivers are this year? Nothing has been confirmed in P2, quite a shame given the massive WEC/Le Mans entries, just as Mindspin13B said.
Old 3 Feb 2013, 18:58 (Ref:3198696)   #165
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
Since I'm an active Wikipedia member and editor, I have revised the entry list section of the 2013 12 Hours of Sebring Wikipedia article with my own, fancy table! :lol:

Does anyone have any news on Conquest Endurance and who the drivers are this year? Nothing has been confirmed in P2, quite a shame given the massive WEC/Le Mans entries, just as Mindspin13B said.
No COREsche until the third race I think, certainly not for Sebring. Conquest? I don't think they will exist.
Old 3 Feb 2013, 19:32 (Ref:3198716)   #166
Ultimo
Veteran

Ultimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridUltimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Are you the one that does all of these, or is it all of the spotrscar wikiers? Nice work!
Old 3 Feb 2013, 19:38 (Ref:3198722)   #167
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MOMO NGT are confirmed for full season in GTC.
Old 3 Feb 2013, 20:51 (Ref:3198745)   #168
Jacques Rabbit
Veteran

Slovakia
Jacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

Nice work. I always like the Wikipedia tables to keep track of things.

Just a suggestion: standard Wikipedia table form usually dictates listing the drivers in the same column, and just using the flag icon without the text abbreviation. Looks cleaner and keeps all the sports car articles more uniform.

But you may think that suggestion is crap, and that's quite alright, too.

(I'm AmberAngelaChung on Wikipedia, proud author of the P.J. Jones article).
Old 3 Feb 2013, 20:57 (Ref:3198748)   #169
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The COREsche isn't set to debut until Laguna, the second Core PC car isn't confirmed yet and I believe Henri Richard and Duncan Ende are supposed to be back. However, it's all speculative at this point.

Furthermore, the 2014 edition of the race will not be run under Grand-Am Road Racing. The two groups (IMSA/Professional Sports Car and Grand-Am Road Racing) have unified under one ownership. The brand and sanctioning body (and the new name of the LLC if there is one, ISCAR and Premium Sports Car have been used in the mean time) should be announced at Sebring next month.

Chris
Old 3 Feb 2013, 21:50 (Ref:3198777)   #170
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
MOMO NGT are confirmed for full season in GTC.
That's good to know. Any confirmed drivers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimo View Post
Are you the one that does all of these, or is it all of the spotrscar wikiers? Nice work!
Oh, thank you! No, I'm just one of the many that updates or creates entry list to make them look more appealing to the eye. I actually didn't design that table... I got it from the 2013 24 Hours of Le Mans format. Simply copy and paste, and replace numbers, flags, drivers, links, etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques Rabbit View Post
Nice work. I always like the Wikipedia tables to keep track of things.

Just a suggestion: standard Wikipedia table form usually dictates listing the drivers in the same column, and just using the flag icon without the text abbreviation. Looks cleaner and keeps all the sports car articles more uniform.

But you may think that suggestion is crap, and that's quite alright, too.

(I'm AmberAngelaChung on Wikipedia, proud author of the P.J. Jones article).
You wrote all of the PJ Jones article? That's one of hell of a lot of work. Nice job!

I don't quite understand what you mean on the Wikipedia article issue. I don't see any abbreviated text. All I see is the flag icon. Maybe because I'm using Google Chrome?
Old 3 Feb 2013, 21:56 (Ref:3198781)   #171
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
Quote:
That's good to know. Any confirmed drivers?
Henrique Cisneros doing all races, Sean Edwards doing at least 7 races, Kuba Giermaziak likely to be 3rd driver for Sebring and Petit.
Old 3 Feb 2013, 23:31 (Ref:3198820)   #172
Great Dane
Rookie

Denmark
Great Dane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Level 5 has five p2 cars - they could make their own class... I also think thay they drove people away from the class with total overkill... extra cars - semi-dirty pit tactics to beat a small team with a leased car (Conquest)
Old 4 Feb 2013, 05:17 (Ref:3198922)   #173
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Re P2:

John Dagys ‏@johndagys
@LaurentMercier2 My guess right now is 5-6 for Sebring but probably only 1 for the season
Old 4 Feb 2013, 05:21 (Ref:3198923)   #174
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why no Corvette Racing in the wiki list?
Old 4 Feb 2013, 05:29 (Ref:3198925)   #175
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Along with Dyson and the TGR Aston Martin