Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 12 Jun 2007, 17:08 (Ref:1935235)   #151
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
you understand well
Old 12 Jun 2007, 17:18 (Ref:1935245)   #152
chocmonster7
Racer

United Kingdom
Darlington
chocmonster7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hillebrands name was on the car (saw it on TV) but it seems there was a lot of stuff going on in the background even while the car was being scrutineered. As the drivers were being interviewed they still didn't really know what was going on but Gounon dropped a big hint about it being a surprise and F1 connected.
Old 12 Jun 2007, 17:39 (Ref:1935261)   #153
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
So it could be Gounon-Hillebrand-Johansson then ? Hope it puts up a good show , its certainly got the crew .

This Zytek thing has got me thinking .

For a well organised team there has been a few too many mistakes .

Throttle cable failures like they are going outta fashion .

How could they ever think that Chilton would get a dispensation from the ACO ?

I suspect that the car "could" have been repaired on time but , because their money man (Chilton) didnt get dispensation , and it would have been hard graft to ready the car , they pulled the plug . Thats my thoughts on the situation .
Old 12 Jun 2007, 17:52 (Ref:1935274)   #154
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
So it could be Gounon-Hillebrand-Johansson then ? Hope it puts up a good show , its certainly got the crew .
No it's Moreau instead of Hillebrand. At pitstop.tv there's a reaction from Hillebrand (He's very dissapointed. At the time he heard the news he was already wearing the race suit. IMO it sounds not very professional from Courage.)

Quote:
I suspect that the car "could" have been repaired on time but , because their money man (Chilton) didnt get dispensation , and it would have been hard graft to ready the car , they pulled the plug . Thats my thoughts on the situation .
This crossed by mind too. That's why I asked earlier in this topic who funds the Arena project.
Old 12 Jun 2007, 17:57 (Ref:1935280)   #155
chocmonster7
Racer

United Kingdom
Darlington
They were originally told that Chilton would be able to do his qualifying laps during the race week practice sessions. When they found out that he wouldn't be able to Zytek tried to arrange for him to be there on the Sunday morning as his first BTCC race at Croft wasn't until midday. Sadly they couldn't get flights to connect - I heard all of that direct from Chilton himself that morning.

The line-up for the #13 car is Johansson - Gounon - Moreau

As I have said in another thread if the test day wasn't so close to race week then there wouldn't have been a problem. I believe the car was more badly damaged than anyone knew until they got it back to the factory and the team just ran out of time.
Old 12 Jun 2007, 18:40 (Ref:1935329)   #156
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM
The delay between Test and qualifs seems to be too short in case of important crash.
It could have been the same decision with the Courage n°13 ; we could have had only 53 cars instead of 55. It's a shame that ACO cannot invite a competitor at the last minute, as it was possible many years ago (less costs, logistics...)
Yes, but keep in mind that the long layoff affects the surrounding series as well.

I guess the question has to be asked, why would you be pushing hard enough to cause that sort of damage in the first place? If you're that far behind in preparation that a crash two weeks before the event is irreparable, then maybe you weren't ready for the race anyway.

It is sad that Zytek won't be there, and Shimoda would have been fun to watch.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 12 Jun 2007, 18:52 (Ref:1935343)   #157
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
any TBA still there ??

Ciao Marco
Old 12 Jun 2007, 18:59 (Ref:1935352)   #158
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth
any TBA still there ??
No, that should be all the cars filled now
Old 12 Jun 2007, 19:00 (Ref:1935353)   #159
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
At T2M? Or is Terada confirmed?
Old 12 Jun 2007, 19:11 (Ref:1935363)   #160
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
he was at scruteneering . so he's confirmed

Ciao Marco
Old 12 Jun 2007, 19:31 (Ref:1935376)   #161
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
So it could be Gounon-Hillebrand-Johansson then ? ...
no, it couldn't, as 2 drivers of the final line up must be known for the test day
Old 12 Jun 2007, 20:38 (Ref:1935432)   #162
bil588
Veteran

United States
bil588 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
Yup.

Johansson already drafted into the #13 Courage.
link?

The hull was touched and the car had had to be rappatriée in the workshops in England. Unfortunately, the team is also confronted with insurmountable electronic problems. Too many factors to ensure the presence of the car in track.

http://translate.google.com/translat...e.php?sid=3746

pics

http://www.motorsport.com/photos/lem...4h-eg-0190.jpg

http://www.motorsport.com/photos/lem...4h-eg-0191.jpg

http://www.motorsport.com/photos/lem...4h-eg-0501.jpg

http://www.motorsport.com/photos/lem...4h-eg-0502.jpg
Old 12 Jun 2007, 20:59 (Ref:1935457)   #163
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocmonster7
Sadly they couldn't get flights to connect - I heard all of that direct from Chilton himself that morning.

The line-up for the #13 car is Johansson - Gounon - Moreau

and the team just ran out of time.
Get flights to connect ..... rubbish ..... did they never hear of chartering a jet ?

Glad to hear Moreau is well again .

They never seem to have enough time .....
Old 12 Jun 2007, 23:43 (Ref:1935570)   #164
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul-collins
I guess the question has to be asked, why would you be pushing hard enough to cause that sort of damage in the first place? If you're that far behind in preparation that a crash two weeks before the event is irreparable, then maybe you weren't ready for the race anyway.

In my opinion, it begs the question, does the test day have any present day relevance? If they're not going to add reserve entries at this late date, and we need the test day closer to the race for overseas teams, why have it? Add a test day on Tuesday and be done with it. Three days of testing is more than enough time to bring new drivers up to speed, get night laps in, and sort the cars.

And I agree regarding Shimoda. I was looking forward to his flying laps.
Old 13 Jun 2007, 00:10 (Ref:1935581)   #165
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul-collins
Yes, but keep in mind that the long layoff affects the surrounding series as well.

Maybe if they pushed the reserve date to the day before scrutineering and made that the final day to withdraw without penalty,barring some sort of obvious catastrophic failure. Then let the reserve(s) called up (only), "Q" the drivers in qualifying/test days. Rather tedious for the reserve teams but at least they would have the option.

L.P.
Old 13 Jun 2007, 07:33 (Ref:1935695)   #166
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
[quote=bil588]link?

Here.

It was posted, from Planet Le Mans, I believe - as early as about 4.30 yesterday. The trouble is that people have been posting car and driver info in som many threads the stuff gets lost.
Old 14 Jun 2007, 05:23 (Ref:1936564)   #167
bil588
Veteran

United States
Will the car be repaired? The car doesn't seem to have that many sponsors.
Old 14 Jun 2007, 08:03 (Ref:1936667)   #168
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
I read the following on the french version of lemans.org:
Quote:
La Zytek #32 au ralenti en fin de séance

Alors que la vague des améliorations était lancée, la Zytek #32 de Barazi Epsilon était signalée au ralenti. La voiture était pendant un moment immobilisée au début de la ligne droite des stands, câble d'accélérateur cassé. Grâce Ã* un réglage moteur specifique, dicté par son stand, Juan Barazi parvenait tout de même Ã* revenir Ã* son stand au ralenti.
So the LMP2 Zytek also suffers from the throttle cable problem
Old 14 Jun 2007, 19:11 (Ref:1937078)   #169
Ace Daddy
Rookie

United States
Tucson Arizona
Ace Daddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was so bumed to hear this. After seeing them win Laguna Seca a few years ago and getting to meet Tom Chilton, I became a huge fan of those guys. That car can fly, well at least when the throttle cable works.
Old 14 Jun 2007, 21:12 (Ref:1937212)   #170
C6R Racing Fan
Racer

United States
Ohio, USA
C6R Racing Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridC6R Racing Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Daddy
I was so bumed to hear this. After seeing them win Laguna Seca a few years ago and getting to meet Tom Chilton, I became a huge fan of those guys. That car can fly, well at least when the throttle cable works.
Same here! After seeing Chilton/Shimoda run at Mid-Ohio a few years back and seeing Stefan in the Zytek last year at Petit, I was looking forward to this ARENA lineup and the race.
Old 15 Jun 2007, 08:05 (Ref:1937536)   #171
chocmonster7
Racer

United Kingdom
Darlington
If it's any consolation Chilton was really depressed about not being able to make it to Le Mans to do his qualifying laps. I had a long conversation with him during the pitlane walkabout session at Croft BTCC, shows that the guy can multitask too as he carried on signing autographs during it!
Old 15 Jun 2007, 18:39 (Ref:1937874)   #172
Ace Daddy
Rookie

United States
Tucson Arizona
Ace Daddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chilton is the man! Such a cool down to earth guy. Hopefully they will be back at Le Mans next year.
Old 14 Aug 2007, 21:48 (Ref:1989161)   #173
bil588
Veteran

United States
How has the development gone?

Which paying drivers will race at PLM and Laguna Seca?

http://autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...13/1547/RACING
Old 20 Aug 2007, 20:49 (Ref:1993089)   #174
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bil588
How has the development gone?

Which paying drivers will race at PLM and Laguna Seca?

http://autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...13/1547/RACING
Apparently they are testing at Paul Ricard in early September with Tom Chilton and his brother Max behind the wheel, but I'd expect either Shimoda or Johanssen with Tom in the races.
Old 20 Aug 2007, 21:00 (Ref:1993109)   #175
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic
Apparently they are testing at Paul Ricard in early September with Tom Chilton and his brother Max behind the wheel, but I'd expect either Shimoda or Johanssen with Tom in the races.
I would have thought Highcroft have first call on Johansson's services at PLM and Laguna Seca, which would argue against his presence.

More seriously though do we know that Arena are going to PLM and Laguna? As they're one of the teams reported to be skipping Interlagos are they likely to be crossing the Atlantic at all?