Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 13 Sep 2007, 17:13 (Ref:2011434)   #151
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HOly moly- I just read abou t this...10am in california
wow...this will turn the championship into a Ferrari fight and at least the drivers championship will be spanking good..still
but too bad for Hamilton and Alonso...Maclaren is a top notch organization...maybe they will be encouraged to do LMS or Champcar (i wince at the penske mercedes ilmore pushrod turbo killer of INdy but bring Mercedes and maclaren to a new stage...maybe the constructors group will start to support a different series and Bernie will get turned on his ear.)
Old 13 Sep 2007, 17:13 (Ref:2011435)   #152
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
IIRC Prodrive and McLaren are planning to run a new team as a partnership next year in any case out of the old Albert Drive site. If the worst happens then they'll likely just sit out the remaining races and use that time to plan for an all out attack on the championship next year - it'll be McLaren in all but name.
Old 13 Sep 2007, 17:14 (Ref:2011436)   #153
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi
We can only hope...

Why are you posting your time Davy ?
I suppose it's a bit like the "where were you when the President was shot" thing.Got to be precise about these things.
Old 13 Sep 2007, 17:15 (Ref:2011437)   #154
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Seriously I can't believe they'll be excluded.
Old 13 Sep 2007, 17:17 (Ref:2011438)   #155
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyn bott
I suppose it's a bit like the "where were you when the President was shot" thing.Got to be precise about these things.
Expert in alibis, huhn Martyn ? Any connections with Coughlan ?
Old 13 Sep 2007, 17:18 (Ref:2011439)   #156
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Nor me. It'll be exclusion from the constructors championship and a massive fine. I'd also expect to see a suspended penalty which the organisers will hold over their heads for ever and a day.
Old 13 Sep 2007, 17:20 (Ref:2011441)   #157
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Mclaren have been excluded from the constructors championship and fined 100 million according to 5live now.

Last edited by ralf fan; 13 Sep 2007 at 17:22.
Old 13 Sep 2007, 17:20 (Ref:2011442)   #158
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Any connections with Coughlan ?
None at all thankfully.
Old 13 Sep 2007, 17:20 (Ref:2011443)   #159
mikepaterson
Rookie

United Kingdom
Bowers Gifford, Essex, UK
mikepaterson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What will you do if McLaren are thrown out?

I have thought long and hard about this and I think that that would be the end of F1 for me.

I've followed it since I was a kid and have watched many Grand Prix at Brands Hatch, Silverstone, Monaco, Imola, Estoril and absolutely love it.

I've been lucky to work in an official capacity in Race Control at Brands for Grand Prix and fortunarte enough to have met and spoken to a lot of drivers.

This will be a step too far in support of Ferrari. I have found it hard to stomach the continual pro-Ferrari stance of F1. Indeed it has put me off ever buying a Ferrari.

I am not a McLaren fan, however I respect Ron Dennis for the man that he is and the achievements he has made.

I actually dislike Mercedes Benz (don't know why but I do).

Just heard -
Mclaren lose constructors points for this year plus $100 million fine.

Drivers can score points !

I will be watching Spa after all!
Old 13 Sep 2007, 17:22 (Ref:2011444)   #160
mjstallard
Veteran

England
London
mjstallard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Drivers not allowed on podium either.

$100 million fine is a lot - wonder where the money will go.
Old 13 Sep 2007, 17:22 (Ref:2011445)   #161
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
$100m finev excludedfrom 07
Old 13 Sep 2007, 17:22 (Ref:2011446)   #162
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Any official reports of that, Mike?
Old 13 Sep 2007, 17:22 (Ref:2011448)   #163
skmanuk
Racer

England
skmanuk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
any web sources for this?
Old 13 Sep 2007, 17:23 (Ref:2011449)   #164
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sorry that ws BBC World tv just now.
Old 13 Sep 2007, 17:23 (Ref:2011450)   #165
jonm2
Rookie

United Kingdom
jonm2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
where are these 100 million fine reports coming from?
Old 13 Sep 2007, 17:23 (Ref:2011451)   #166
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have to say that seem's very harsh, from what I understand and I have not followed the saga that closely they haven't got any performance advantage out of the information that just 1 person had.
Old 13 Sep 2007, 17:24 (Ref:2011453)   #167
mjstallard
Veteran

England
London
Oh - and I almost missed it....

One hundred MIIIIIIIIIIILLION dollars.

*puts pinkie finger to mouth*.
Old 13 Sep 2007, 17:24 (Ref:2011454)   #168
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig
Any official reports of that, Mike?
BBC fivelive reported this.
Old 13 Sep 2007, 17:24 (Ref:2011455)   #169
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
From BBC News Online -
Quote:
MOTOR SPORT: McLaren thrown out of 2007 constructors championship but drivers retain their points. More soon
Old 13 Sep 2007, 17:24 (Ref:2011456)   #170
mjstallard
Veteran

England
London
I just heard this on BBC Radio Five Live.
Old 13 Sep 2007, 17:25 (Ref:2011460)   #171
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
We can only hope...

Why are you posting your time Davy ?
I posted something earlier on and it registered on 10-10ths about 20 mins later.
Old 13 Sep 2007, 17:25 (Ref:2011461)   #172
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Heard the same on R5L
Old 13 Sep 2007, 17:25 (Ref:2011462)   #173
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
no podium? eh? source for that? So we could be left with just one driver on there?
Old 13 Sep 2007, 17:26 (Ref:2011463)   #174
skmanuk
Racer

England
skmanuk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"LATEST: McLaren out of F1 constructors championship - but drivers to retain points. More soon"

This from BBC News Site
Old 13 Sep 2007, 17:26 (Ref:2011464)   #175
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ron to talk at 7.15