Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 8 Jun 2023, 15:28 (Ref:4160746)   #151
v8supes
Veteran

v8supes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I see that its all but confirmed that WRT will run the two BMWs in LMGT3 next year. One with Rossi at the wheel. Alongside the Hypercar BMW of course.

Thus presumably now no other BMW can enter WEC. A closed shop for the elite.
Old 9 Jun 2023, 12:05 (Ref:4161000)   #152
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Proton Competition with the Mustang GT. Seems so wrong from them to not be running the Porsche GT3 R, especially with their history.

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...customer-team/
Old 9 Jun 2023, 12:30 (Ref:4161012)   #153
v8supes
Veteran

v8supes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I did not expect this. Especially after it was made public knowledge that Proton had ordered a new GT3 Porsche.

Still nice that it will be represented on the grid.

Personally i expect that,

Ferrari - AF Corse x 2
BMW - WRT X 2 - I think its all but confirmed, certainly in all of Rossis interviews this week hes expecting to be at Le Mans next year in a GT Car..
Lambo - Iron Lynx x 2
Aston Martin - TF Sport x 2

That leaves Audi, Porsche, Mclaren, Honda, Lexus, Nissan. Thats if Lexus/Nissan want to be involved of course.
Old 9 Jun 2023, 12:34 (Ref:4161015)   #154
PhilipR
Veteran

Romania
London
PhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8supes View Post
I did not expect this. Especially after it was made public knowledge that Proton had ordered a new GT3 Porsche.

Ferrari - AF Corse x 2
BMW - WRT X 2 - I think its all but confirmed, certainly in all of Rossis interviews this week hes expecting to be at Le Mans next year in a GT Car..
Lambo - Iron Lynx x 2

That leaves Audi, Porsche, Mclaren, Honda, Lexus, Nissan. Thats if Lexus/Nissan want to be involved of course.
Corvette might have 2 if they have the customers
Ford with 2 because of the Proton loophole?
Old 9 Jun 2023, 12:45 (Ref:4161018)   #155
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Ferrari - AF Corse x 2
Lambo - Iron Lynx x 2

Maybe the GT3 R is for ELMS. I believe Proton were testing with it (Lietz was also there) a few weeks ago.
Old 9 Jun 2023, 12:53 (Ref:4161019)   #156
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
I wonder if we'll get Manthey back in WEC to run 1 or 2 Porsches.
Old 9 Jun 2023, 14:37 (Ref:4161044)   #157
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Corvette is planning 8 cars next year in GT3,

https://racer.com/2023/06/09/new-det...gram-revealed/

2 in WEC
2 in SRO America
4 in IMSA split between pro and am classes
Old 9 Jun 2023, 17:46 (Ref:4161097)   #158
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm guessing they can find the buyers for a Vette GT3 with factory spares

Does suck for Calloway though, hopefully they get a new project to play with
Old 10 Jun 2023, 12:36 (Ref:4161217)   #159
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Interesting, there is a short article in my newspaper this morning about Ford taking the mustang back to Le Mans. But the strange thing was it was in the business section, and not sports.
Old 10 Jun 2023, 18:59 (Ref:4161929)   #160
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Corvette is planning 8 cars next year in GT3,

https://racer.com/2023/06/09/new-det...gram-revealed/

2 in WEC
2 in SRO America
4 in IMSA split between pro and am classes
This makes sense.
Old 10 Jun 2023, 19:02 (Ref:4161936)   #161
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
I'm guessing they can find the buyers for a Vette GT3 with factory spares

Does suck for Calloway though, hopefully they get a new project to play with
Production of the Camaro ends in 2024 otherwise they could develop a rival for the Mustang GT3.
Old 11 Jun 2023, 17:12 (Ref:4163238)   #162
Matador
Veteran

Matador should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatador should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Ferrari - AF Corse x 2
Lambo - Iron Lynx x 2

I think next year may or may not be an issue for Lexus, but when their new GT3 car comes out, probably for 2025, they are going to want their spot.

Quote:
Senior sources have also suggested that the forthcoming LMGT3 class in the FIA World Endurance Championship is also a major target for the new car.

If that plan comes to fruition it would mark the Lexus brand’s debut at the Le Mans 24 Hours, potentially alongside the Toyota-branded Hypercar effort.
Old 12 Jun 2023, 14:30 (Ref:4163349)   #163
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Ferrari - AF Corse x 2
Lambo - Iron Lynx x 2
Teams running both hypercar and gt cars...I don't like that.
Old 12 Jun 2023, 14:44 (Ref:4163350)   #164
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Teams running both hypercar and gt cars...I don't like that.
I agree there was an interesting point made during Post Race Tech on RLM after the race (and this was more in the relation to the death LMP2 in WEC) but I think its the same point where are next band of private teams (Jota, United, Vector Sports etc) going to come from to fill the gaps of the teams that move to Hypercar.

IMO these teams need to come from the lower ranks.
Old 12 Jun 2023, 15:11 (Ref:4163362)   #165
Matador
Veteran

Matador should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatador should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones View Post
I agree there was an interesting point made during Post Race Tech on RLM after the race (and this was more in the relation to the death LMP2 in WEC) but I think its the same point where are next band of private teams (Jota, United, Vector Sports etc) going to come from to fill the gaps of the teams that move to Hypercar.

LMP2 isn't going to be part of WEC except for Le mans though isn't it?
Old 12 Jun 2023, 16:00 (Ref:4163375)   #166
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones View Post

this is off topic here, but that was a pretty easy answer, ELMS, IMSA, open wheel jr series.

Or maybe even a GT team stepping up! (brought it back to topic)
Old 12 Jun 2023, 16:43 (Ref:4163390)   #167
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matador View Post
LMP2 isn't going to be part of WEC except for Le mans though isn't it?
Correct, if I remember well 15 LMP2 cars at Le Mans.
Old 13 Jun 2023, 14:32 (Ref:4163545)   #168
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Correct, if I remember well 15 LMP2 cars at Le Mans.
Well I would expect that number too, but it's more than that if you're talking about this year's race? There were 24 in all. That is some number to go out on!
Old 13 Jun 2023, 18:42 (Ref:4163583)   #169
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Well I would expect that number too, but it's more than that if you're talking about this year's race? There were 24 in all. That is some number to go out on!
Due to more Hypercar and GT cars the amount of LMP2 cars decreases.
Old 13 Jun 2023, 21:47 (Ref:4163598)   #170
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
this is off topic here, but that was a pretty easy answer, ELMS, IMSA, open wheel jr series.

Or maybe even a GT team stepping up! (brought it back to topic)
Also see the MPC and Carrera Cup teams picking up new cars and a few MX-5 teams stepping up to fill in a others moved up

And I would expect some of those GT focused teams to also pick up other cars to keep their business model going, there's a reason why they can move up and have lasted as long as they have
Old 14 Jun 2023, 09:46 (Ref:4163650)   #171
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
We'll see if enough teams are still interested in GT3. If they still think it's marketable for them to do it, there's no reason for not to. I think there will still be enough interest, after all they are road relevant and not everyone will want to move up to prototypes.
Old 22 Jun 2023, 16:50 (Ref:4165039)   #172
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Correct, the ACO has 15 LMP2 entries reserved for the 24 24.

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...rmed-for-2024/
Old 23 Jun 2023, 09:04 (Ref:4165083)   #173
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Correct, the ACO has 15 LMP2 entries reserved for the 24 24.

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...rmed-for-2024/
Good to see there's still enough interest from LMP2 teams for the one race.
Old 28 Jun 2023, 20:29 (Ref:4165800)   #174
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
Looks like Proton have ordered 4 Porsches. GR Racing with 1, maybe 2 too.
Old 29 Jun 2023, 06:59 (Ref:4165819)   #175
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbusA346 View Post
Looks like Proton have ordered 4 Porsches. GR Racing with 1, maybe 2 too.
Thought Proton were goimg to be runnimg Mustangs next year?