Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 2 Apr 2011, 15:25 (Ref:2857390)   #151
BRG
Rookie

England
Gloucestershire
BRG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin View Post
Almost correct - They are only allowed to run their LM package at LM so the standard package has to be a compromise for everywhere else - In this case Estoril, Spa, Imola and Silverstone as well as Paul Ricard.
Thought I was almost right because you said it this morning on RLM
Old 2 Apr 2011, 15:29 (Ref:2857394)   #152
BRG
Rookie

England
Gloucestershire
BRG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
5% smaller restrictor, but compared to the GTE rules for that engine, they're also slapped with a 18.75% reduction in boost pressure. That's probably the major issue in this case...
But HPD must have known that in advance. or did they when was the boost pressure written into the regs Graham Goodwin help

Last edited by BRG; 2 Apr 2011 at 15:33. Reason: added question
Old 2 Apr 2011, 15:29 (Ref:2857395)   #153
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
It was just a throwaway remark, hence the at the end.
The wasn't directed so much at you. Artificial performance balancing and the political #$%* storms that ensue just grow tiring after a while.
Old 2 Apr 2011, 15:31 (Ref:2857396)   #154
nasdriv87
Veteran

Brazil
Brazil
nasdriv87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did someone here does an install from http://www.exqisport.be/livestream to be able watch it ?

it requires Octoshape Infinite HD optimizer install ???

It couldn't be a virus ???
Old 2 Apr 2011, 15:42 (Ref:2857398)   #155
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I just installed it, no virus, the tv plays cool, Thanks for the link,

this with radio le mans sound, and I am set.

now its playing Lierse Tv as it says on the scheadule

here is the scheadule for tomorow, its not all live coverage but a good portion of it is!!!

11:55Le Mans Series LIVEPaul Ricard
12:45Le Mans: 100 years of passionDocumentaire over de legendarische autorace
13:40Le Mans Series UPDATEPaul Ricard
13:50Het seizoen van Le MansIntercontinental Le Mans Cup: Sebring
14:45Le Mans Series LIVEPaul Ricard
15:20Le Mans Series StoriesMarc Goossens
15:30F3 Euroseries LIVEPaul Ricard: race 2
16:10F3 Euroseries LIVEPaul Ricard: race 3
17:05Le Mans Series UPDATEPaul Ricard
17:15Le Mans Series StoriesMarco Holzer
17:25Le Mans Series LIVEPaul Ricard

the playr has an extreamly cool option, you can watch live or selectibly delayed up to 25 min

Last edited by arakis; 2 Apr 2011 at 15:49.
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 2 Apr 2011, 15:51 (Ref:2857399)   #156
nasdriv87
Veteran

Brazil
Brazil
nasdriv87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by arakis View Post
I just installed it, no virus, the tv plays cool, Thanks for the link,

this with radio le mans sound, and I am set.

now its playing Lierse Tv as it says on the scheadule

here is the scheadule for tomorow, its not all live coverage but a good portion of it is!!!

11:55Le Mans Series LIVEPaul Ricard
12:45Le Mans: 100 years of passionDocumentaire over de legendarische autorace
13:40Le Mans Series UPDATEPaul Ricard
13:50Het seizoen van Le MansIntercontinental Le Mans Cup: Sebring
14:45Le Mans Series LIVEPaul Ricard
15:20Le Mans Series StoriesMarc Goossens
15:30F3 Euroseries LIVEPaul Ricard: race 2
16:10F3 Euroseries LIVEPaul Ricard: race 3
17:05Le Mans Series UPDATEPaul Ricard
17:15Le Mans Series StoriesMarco Holzer
17:25Le Mans Series LIVEPaul Ricard

the playr has an extreamly cool option, to watch a few minutes to a few houres back.
yep... i did and it's cool can't wait for tomorrow...

and there's too sportzone from a friend too

http://sportzone2.webs.com/index.htm

and sopcast channel 90191
Old 2 Apr 2011, 16:05 (Ref:2857402)   #157
lmpracer
Rookie

lmpracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They all new the rules before 2011 so as i understand it's down to who interpreted them better. HPD were miles quicker last year and the other manufacturers didn't complain (including P1 teams)
I'm sure HPD could have used another engine from their pool available if they wanted??
We'll wait and see what the ACO actually does on this one.
Old 2 Apr 2011, 16:05 (Ref:2857403)   #158
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
http://twitter.com/#!/planetlemans/s...12458423918592

Quote:
Pescarolo has had its qualifying times cancelled. Will start from the back of the grid. #lemansseries

Skidblock thickess apparently.
Old 2 Apr 2011, 16:30 (Ref:2857409)   #159
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Skidblock thickness ..... that sounds lame to me !!!

Im sure they got some help from OAK , so , whats going on here then .

How could you **** that up , as there is only one thickness ..... max and allowed to pare down to a min I expect .
Old 2 Apr 2011, 16:30 (Ref:2857410)   #160
Thumper
Racer

Thumper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hesitate to enter this HPD debate, as it's an absolute political and sporting quagmire, but I can address a couple of basic issues that have arisen in the last couple of pages.

The RML HPD only completed an out-lap in qualifying because of an intermittent electrical fault that resulted in fuel starvation to the engine. The team tried to trace the fault, but ran out of time. Nothing sinister, just frustrating.

Having set no time, Tommy Erdos will start from the back of the grid.

As GG states, the teams are allowed to homologate two aero packages for the year, but the lower-downforce version is only homologated for Le Mans, and cannot be used at other circuits. Both RML and Strakka are required to run what looks to be a high downforce setting at Paul Ricard (and all other LMS rounds). However, it would be right to stress that what might appear to be a high-downforce configuration, with the twin diveplanes, is actually the HPD medium-downforce aero when combined with what adjustments the teams are permitted to make to the rear wing and gurney. Both teams are running as low a downforce package as they can this weekend to make up for the lack of power from the restricted engine.
Old 2 Apr 2011, 16:40 (Ref:2857420)   #161
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Has the ACO changed their rules on the skid? As far as I can remember (and this was 2006), the rule was that as originally installed on the car, the skid had to be at least 20mm thick, and an old skid had to be at least 15mm thick to be reused after each session, and that it wouldn't be checked for wear post race.

Unless those regs have changed since 2006, the only thing I can think of is that the amount of jabrock ground off made the car underweight.
Old 2 Apr 2011, 16:48 (Ref:2857423)   #162
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Skidblock thickness ..... that sounds lame to me !!!

Im sure they got some help from OAK , so , whats going on here then .

How could you **** that up , as there is only one thickness ..... max and allowed to pare down to a min I expect .
Wear-induced thickness reduction probably, i.e. scraping along the tarmac.
Old 2 Apr 2011, 16:52 (Ref:2857426)   #163
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Wow, the Excisport stream works brilliantly... should be a great racing afternoon tomorrow!!
Old 2 Apr 2011, 16:54 (Ref:2857427)   #164
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Getting back to my post (and the original skid regs as I remember them), could the Pesca skid have worn beyond the ACO's tollerances (whatever they are), namely did it wear to less than 15mm+ any tollerance that the ACO would give as leeway.

Strange that a team would get penalized for something that the ACO doesn't count as a punishable offence if it occured during a race.
Old 2 Apr 2011, 17:00 (Ref:2857429)   #165
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Anyone want to have a quick side wager on how many laps it takes for the relegated Pescarolo to hit the front of the field tomorrow?
Old 2 Apr 2011, 17:07 (Ref:2857432)   #166
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Anyone want to have a quick side wager on how many laps it takes for the relegated Pescarolo to hit the front of the field tomorrow?
Half-way through the second stint.
Old 2 Apr 2011, 17:56 (Ref:2857456)   #167
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleman View Post
Latest news from the HPD camp indicates they are not only 90bhp down but are carrying an extra 25 kilos of ballast too!Rumour's suggest the engine can produce 700bhp!

I believe the cars are fitted with ACO telemetry equipment so they can review the data after the event.Even so, it sounds like no rule review until after Spa at the earliest.

Looks like the season is effectively already over for Strakka and RML.Big shame, it would have been interesting to watch the best 2 teams in LMP2 go head-to-head,with equal equipment, for the title.
You really have to question what HPD were playing at if they didn't realise their engine was almost 100bhp down. The IES had been up and running last season and was widely known to be producing nearer 500bhp than 400bhp.

Even on this forum some have had a quick look at the regs and immediately pinpointed areas where the HPD could be handicapped.
Old 2 Apr 2011, 18:36 (Ref:2857468)   #168
Yakuncha
Racer

Ireland
Dublin,Ireland
Yakuncha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
About 40mins in - thinking of Silverstone in 2009!
Old 2 Apr 2011, 18:44 (Ref:2857472)   #169
littleman
Veteran

littleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridlittleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My information suggests the Nissan engine is producing circa 510bhp whilst the HPD is "pumping" out circa 420bhp................Why have HPD got it so wrong!
Old 2 Apr 2011, 19:52 (Ref:2857490)   #170
eizox
Rookie

England
Somerset, England
eizox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakuncha View Post
About 40mins in - thinking of Silverstone in 2009!
and then the gearbox broke!
Old 2 Apr 2011, 21:03 (Ref:2857525)   #171
Danny_GT2
Veteran

Ireland
Lucan, Ireland
Danny_GT2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There's vids available to download onto my iPhone but the vids don't seem to sync onto my iTunes! Would like to see some onboards! BTW, nice pole for Rebellion, I hope there's a stream for tomorrow's race on JTV.
Old 2 Apr 2011, 21:15 (Ref:2857533)   #172
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleman View Post
Looks like the season is effectively already over for Strakka and RML.Big shame, it would have been interesting to watch the best 2 teams in LMP2 go head-to-head,with equal equipment, for the title.
Like the HPDs, not so fast! I think Strakka and maybe RML will be able to salvage something from this race. RML's problem today aside, the HPD should be pretty reliable and the HPDs have pretty good drivers onboard. It would not surprise me if one of them (probably the Strakka) ended up on the podium.

It's tough to be so disadvantaged at one race when there are only five races in a season. It's not like the situation is news to the ACO given the results of the test session. HPD's decision to go with a small turbo engine may be questioned in retrospect now, but the reasoning for the rules still is questionable. I was a bit surprised during the offseason to see nobody go for the Roush Ford EcoBoost engine, but I don't think it is a mystery now.
Old 2 Apr 2011, 21:29 (Ref:2857541)   #173
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
I hesitate to enter this HPD debate, as it's an absolute political and sporting quagmire, but I can address a couple of basic issues that have arisen in the last couple of pages.

The RML HPD only completed an out-lap in qualifying because of an intermittent electrical fault that resulted in fuel starvation to the engine. The team tried to trace the fault, but ran out of time. Nothing sinister, just frustrating.

Having set no time, Tommy Erdos will start from the back of the grid.

As GG states, the teams are allowed to homologate two aero packages for the year, but the lower-downforce version is only homologated for Le Mans, and cannot be used at other circuits. Both RML and Strakka are required to run what looks to be a high downforce setting at Paul Ricard (and all other LMS rounds). However, it would be right to stress that what might appear to be a high-downforce configuration, with the twin diveplanes, is actually the HPD medium-downforce aero when combined with what adjustments the teams are permitted to make to the rear wing and gurney. Both teams are running as low a downforce package as they can this weekend to make up for the lack of power from the restricted engine.
Thanks for clearing that up, that's a palm to the forehead moment. Completely forgot about that (bodywork homologation) and certainly didn't think about the consequences. Of course they are running 95 kgs more than they did as an LMP2 last year. That's got to be messing with the handling.
Old 3 Apr 2011, 09:05 (Ref:2857673)   #174
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
High quality stream.

http://www.exqisport.be/livestream
Old 3 Apr 2011, 09:10 (Ref:2857675)   #175
MarkLMS
Rookie

Netherlands
Egmond, Netherlands
MarkLMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
thnx man i was looking aswell for live streaming but this looks good