Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 12 Mar 2009, 01:17 (Ref:2414026)   #151
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audi Racer View Post
They definetly do sound different watch the clip right at 7:00-7:15 the first car in this clip is deeper. The second car is revvy(not a word) close to an acura
I thought they sounded different, but the 1st car passed with a few gt2 cars so I had some trouble distinguishing the sound.
It's possible they are testing different things on each car that could account for the sound differences. IIRC Acura test different setups in their P1 cars this year at the sebring test, and they had a little different sound.
Old 12 Mar 2009, 07:49 (Ref:2414116)   #152
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
I would assume as Graham was physically at Paul Ricard that his analysis is the most reliable.
Old 12 Mar 2009, 10:50 (Ref:2414196)   #153
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Astons look great but I would like to see the ends of the "mouth" rounded to make it more like the road car grill, more instantly recognisable like the BMW from the late 90s.

I have to say I am sad that Enge crashed the car but also not surprised, personally I doubt his mind set as an endurance driver, blindingly quick yes but takes too many liberties IMO. It would be interesting to see him in the same car as McNish and see how he reacts in comparison under pressure. Data logging printouts could be revealing

The LMPs are going to be great this year but that will take up a lot of TV time and if Eurosport are to give the series more time some real efforts by the production team must be made to show how all the classes are doing. P Peter is making all the right noises but if the commentarry team are in the studio and not at the races it will not improve.

All in all though it is looking like a great season despite the economic gloom
Old 12 Mar 2009, 14:29 (Ref:2414307)   #154
prototype
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, Georgia
prototype should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Both Astons sound the same to me.
Old 12 Mar 2009, 14:58 (Ref:2414322)   #155
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Me too, i think the sound many mistakes as an "different" sound, is a car from the pits!
Old 12 Mar 2009, 22:51 (Ref:2414579)   #156
boesel
Rookie

boesel has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
After the Aston Martin accidents, mechanics immediately covered the front of the car in the crash section. You can see it there:
http://www.connectingrod.it/LeMansSe...Gallery/92.jpg
Old 12 Mar 2009, 22:53 (Ref:2414583)   #157
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Me too, i think the sound many mistakes as an "different" sound, is a car from the pits!
Last time i checked cars were not allowed to go through the pits at full chat, there deffinatly 2 very different sounding exhausts.

Anyone who thinks the cars at 7:05 and 7:13 sound that same are hearing impaired
Old 13 Mar 2009, 05:16 (Ref:2414709)   #158
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
And anyone who's heard the cars in person is still more reliable than people watching video.

Shh, the cars are both fakes anyway. I think someone should get to Homestead now. The real cars are testing there, I heard.
Old 13 Mar 2009, 05:29 (Ref:2414713)   #159
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Audi Racer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Obviously it would be correct say that the astons do sound different because it's a common thing. Remember the acuras. There testing something. One of the aston drivers said the aston sounded beautiful down the straight. Only one of the cars sounded beautiful.
Old 13 Mar 2009, 07:22 (Ref:2414731)   #160
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin View Post
The Latter
log on to www.dailysportscar.com and you'll see what I meant
Old 13 Mar 2009, 09:16 (Ref:2414773)   #161
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by boesel View Post
After the Aston Martin accidents, mechanics immediately covered the front of the car in the crash section. You can see it there:
http://www.connectingrod.it/LeMansSe...Gallery/92.jpg
Judging by the RHS there doesn't appear to be anything not standard Lola on the suspension. Perhaps they're just covering up the monocoque damage.
Old 13 Mar 2009, 18:36 (Ref:2415075)   #162
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zac510 View Post
Anybody found any hi-res images yet? I really need a new desktop to get me in the mood for 2009 season
http://www.astonmartinracing.com/eng...rdtesting/lmp1