Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 5 Apr 2009, 15:22 (Ref:2434295)   #151
Andy77
Veteran

Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, if we can believe LMS's tv-coverage list the hungarian tv station nowa tv has covered it completely. But it is an encrypted channel on sat so i doubt there are much who were able to watch it all
Old 5 Apr 2009, 15:23 (Ref:2434299)   #152
rustycrankshaft
Rookie

New Zealand
Dow' nunder
rustycrankshaft should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder if Eurosport did this on purpose? I mean only showing the start on TV. They must have made a fair bit of money through new subscriptions to the player today?! More profitable than showing the entire race on TV.
Old 5 Apr 2009, 15:32 (Ref:2434315)   #153
Tom87
Racer

England
Tom87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustycrankshaft View Post
I wonder if Eurosport did this on purpose? I mean only showing the start on TV. They must have made a fair bit of money through new subscriptions to the player today?! More profitable than showing the entire race on TV.
Possibly, but I for one won't be reusing this option if there is a free alternative next time as it doesn't offer anything extra. It's good to know for Le Mans that failing a free stream I can get hold of this stream but otherwise there isn't much going for it.
Old 5 Apr 2009, 15:36 (Ref:2434319)   #154
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom87 View Post
I doubt it. As no TV station has actually covered the race in its entirety its unlikely they will produce a highlights show. Hope I'm mistaken though...
Actually, Eurosport is showing a highlights show tonight.
Old 5 Apr 2009, 15:37 (Ref:2434321)   #155
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Eye View Post
Actually, Eurosport is showing a highlights show tonight.
Only 30 mins though, its pathetic really.
Old 5 Apr 2009, 15:41 (Ref:2434332)   #156
Stefvh
Veteran

Belgium
Stefvh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
better than nothing.
Old 5 Apr 2009, 15:44 (Ref:2434335)   #157
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefvh View Post
better than nothing.
No it's not, hence why i shant bother watching it, having watched every race of 2007 and 2008 in it entirety, this poor tv coverage has lost the LMS a fan.
Old 5 Apr 2009, 15:46 (Ref:2434344)   #158
Andy77
Veteran

Le Mans last year I subscribed to the player mainly because there the first practice was shown while it wasn't on german eurosport over sat
Old 5 Apr 2009, 15:47 (Ref:2434346)   #159
rustycrankshaft
Rookie

New Zealand
Dow' nunder
rustycrankshaft should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it would be a good option for Spa when we will have RLM for commentary. Other than that, nothing special. Glad Eurosport France were on-air just in time to watch the Aston pass the Pesca! LOL
Old 5 Apr 2009, 15:48 (Ref:2434348)   #160
Andy77
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
No it's not, hence why i shant bother watching it, having watched every race of 2007 and 2008 in it entirety, this poor tv coverage has lost the LMS a fan.
+1
Old 5 Apr 2009, 15:49 (Ref:2434350)   #161
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Before we stick the boot in too vigorously, Eurosport did make the full TV feed available for a pretty reasonable price. It's a lot better than nothing - and more than Motors sometimes did. Sure there wasn't any commentary, which was a touch disappointing, but once you're able to combine it with RLM's broadcast it should be fine.

What does absolutely need to be tidied up is how it is promoted and signposted - the fact that we had to scrabble around and find it filed under motorcycling, and that right up until I actually started watching the race I had profound doubts about whether it would actually appear says a lot, and none of it positive, about how the LMS and Eurosport have managed to communicate with their fan base.
Old 5 Apr 2009, 15:52 (Ref:2434355)   #162
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Eurosport did make the full TV feed available for a pretty reasonable price.
I'm not going to pay them to watch a low quality web stream, of something that i already pay a subscription fee to watch on TV.
Old 5 Apr 2009, 16:28 (Ref:2434381)   #163
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Massively disappointed, ive paid £40 for the year just for LMS and it wont work, im a student and i can hardly waste money, ive practically just £40 which could have been much better spent, Eurosport have let the fan's down big style this time and im seriously hoping that Motors TV broadcast the race's next year.
Old 5 Apr 2009, 17:39 (Ref:2434433)   #164
AX lover
Racer

Netherlands
AX lover should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why pay £40 when you can also pay for just one month? In that way you pay less and you can test if it works on your computer.
Old 5 Apr 2009, 18:08 (Ref:2434450)   #165
Johnny1lap
Rookie

United Kingdom
Wigan
Johnny1lap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think its a good deal £4 a month, you get eurosport 1 and 2 and other special events like the LMS.
Old 5 Apr 2009, 18:11 (Ref:2434452)   #166
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny1lap View Post
I think its a good deal £4 a month, you get eurosport 1 and 2 and other special events like the LMS.
And there is no need to pay for a whole year, if you are only going to watch the LMS on it.

Tom.
Old 5 Apr 2009, 18:17 (Ref:2434457)   #167
kingkai
Racer

Netherlands
Amsterdam
kingkai should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe the UK Eurosport player shows the whole race but here in Holland they didn't. Even Eurosport france had more online coverage. Well Luckally I'll be present at the Spa track next round. And finally also some RLM out of my earplugs
Old 5 Apr 2009, 18:22 (Ref:2434464)   #168
jc_nl
Racer

Netherlands
Dedemsvaart
jc_nl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkai View Post
Maybe the UK Eurosport player shows the whole race but here in Holland they didn't. Even Eurosport france had more online coverage. Well Luckally I'll be present at the Spa track next round. And finally also some RLM out of my earplugs
What stream did you watch then??????

I had a working stream for the whole race without any hickups. Are you sure you selected the bonus stream with the "motorcycling" from Barcelona instead of one of the regular channels?
Old 5 Apr 2009, 19:05 (Ref:2434489)   #169
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkai View Post

you probably watched the stream of one of the Eurosport channels .. the LMS feed was different from those
the feed worked great here .. good quality no freezing . almost as good as the picture quality I usually got from MotorsTV (which I no longer have )

Ciao Marco
Old 6 Apr 2009, 06:42 (Ref:2434811)   #170
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustycrankshaft View Post
if that was the case, they'd have mentioned it several times during their broadcast. As far as I'm aware, they never mentioned it once, which is another symbol of the shambolic way the channel is coordinated at times.
Old 6 Apr 2009, 07:58 (Ref:2434834)   #171
nokke
Rookie

nokke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Danish commentators mentioned the online stream during the abysmal broadcast(They didn't transmit the last hour in Scandinavia it seems)
Old 6 Apr 2009, 10:53 (Ref:2434973)   #172
Emillian Stoyko
Rookie

Bulgaria
Sofia, Bulgaria
Emillian Stoyko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
if that was the case, they'd have mentioned it several times during their broadcast. As far as I'm aware, they never mentioned it once, which is another symbol of the shambolic way the channel is coordinated at times.
I'm not arguing that the coordination is not shambolic. But this time Carlton Kirby mentioned the Player at least 3 times.
Old 6 Apr 2009, 11:12 (Ref:2434987)   #173
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
oh, OK - I was confused as to when the bits with commentary were on so I must have missed those mentions.
Old 6 Apr 2009, 11:41 (Ref:2435022)   #174
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Will Eurosport be showing any highlights during the week please ?
Old 6 Apr 2009, 12:08 (Ref:2435049)   #175
Emillian Stoyko
Rookie

Bulgaria
Sofia, Bulgaria
Emillian Stoyko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Will Eurosport be showing any highlights during the week please ?
Part of the deal with the ACO is the 1 hour highlight show. Usually that will air on the tuesday after tha LMS race on Eurosport 2.

In this case the hour highlight show is Tuesday, 18:30 CET, Eurosport 2. Caution, there is no replay airing.