Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 23 Nov 2005, 14:07 (Ref:1468356)   #151
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrs
Chassis 1 - The "Works/Arena" Zytek in the LMS, LeMans and like this year some ALMS.

Chassis 2 - Team Jota in the LMS, LeMans (looking into some ALMS races - ill keep you posted) (To really stir things up, a 2 car team is being looked into (dreampt about), but not for a while - with lots of car/engine options being looked into - far to many to be listed here)
Thank you!!

Just to clarify, Jota will be racing their existing chassis (which will be hybridised by Zytek) next year? Assuming this is what transpires, that's excellent news!
Old 23 Nov 2005, 14:20 (Ref:1468374)   #152
mgrs
Rookie

Wales
mgrs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
Thank you!!

Just to clarify, Jota will be racing their existing chassis (which will be hybridised by Zytek) next year? Assuming this is what transpires, that's excellent news!

yup
Old 23 Nov 2005, 14:43 (Ref:1468385)   #153
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
yup
Thank you!

LMP1's for 2006:

Hybrids for Creation, Zytek, Jota, Lister, Pescarolo.

New LMP1's for Audi, Lavaggi, Courage. Lola anticipate at least two new B06/10's in Europe. Then there's the Wiet Huidekoper project.

RFH should be there but no news as to whether it'll be new or hybrid.

I reckon we should see at least a dozen LMP1's at each LMS race next year!
Old 23 Nov 2005, 15:15 (Ref:1468418)   #154
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I reckon we should see at least a dozen LMP1's at each LMS race next year!
Wish I could share your optimism.

Let's look at some of the numbers
1 x Pescarolo
1 x Zytek
1 x Jota
1 x Lister
1 x Creation
2 x Audi
1 x Lavaggi
1 x Courage
2 x Lola (any advance on whose this might be?)
1 x RfH

This give us 12 total. Are all of them going to do a full season? Okay you can probably add the occasionaly fellow traveller such as the Jim Gainer Dome Hybrid, possible second hand entrants (e.g. the works Courage C60H in private/loaned hands), possible second cars (Creation and Jota's periodically mooted entries) and visitors from ALMS, but to my eyes if we consistently make double figures in LMP1 I'll be happy enough.

All that said, nothing would make me happier than to be proved wrong on this...
Old 23 Nov 2005, 15:40 (Ref:1468430)   #155
russ250575
Racer

England
England,Milton Keynes
russ250575 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
how many teams came over this season just finished from the states copmared to those who went over there for various races ? EXCLUDING LE MANS...and sebring to make it fair....
Old 23 Nov 2005, 15:52 (Ref:1468437)   #156
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge
Wish I could share your optimism.......
Yes, I must admit I did a recount and looked at the players again just after I posted and came to the same conclusion!
Old 23 Nov 2005, 15:52 (Ref:1468438)   #157
tblincoe
Veteran

tblincoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by russ250575
how many teams came over this season just finished from the states copmared to those who went over there for various races ? EXCLUDING LE MANS...and sebring to make it fair....
None, as there is no incentive to do so. The reason why Euro teams make the trip for Sebring and Petit is for the automatic invites to Le Mans up for grabs at both of these events.
Old 23 Nov 2005, 16:09 (Ref:1468448)   #158
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tblincoe
None, as there is no incentive to do so. The reason why Euro teams make the trip for Sebring and Petit is for the automatic invites to Le Mans up for grabs at both of these events.
And also to showcase their products to the US teams and other potential buyers.
Old 23 Nov 2005, 16:16 (Ref:1468455)   #159
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Chassis 1 - The "Works/Arena" Zytek in the LMS, LeMans and like this year some ALMS.

Chassis 2 - Team Jota in the LMS, LeMans (looking into some ALMS races - ill keep you posted) (To really stir things up, a 2 car team is being looked into (dreampt about), but not for a while - with lots of car/engine options being looked into - far to many to be listed here)
You could have spared us some confusion by making this clear from the get go. In post 148 you also said "the Zytek will be Hybrid and there will be two of them." That leads us to think that you're talking about the Factory team. Simply stating that there will be a Factory Zytek hybrid and a Team Jota hybrid would have shortened this discussion considerably.

Either way, the LMP1 field is certainly looking promising for the LMES.

tblincoe, when did Sebring start offering auto invites?
Old 23 Nov 2005, 16:17 (Ref:1468456)   #160
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
As has been said, none is about the long and the short of it. Possibly the only real crossover might be the Binnie Lola in LMP2. That said, schedules willing (and no, I haven't looked) I could see Dyson coming over for Spa in the event they take up their Le Mans entry and can pull together the budget to measure up the European opposition.
Old 23 Nov 2005, 16:23 (Ref:1468458)   #161
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
.....That said, schedules willing (and no, I haven't looked) I could see Dyson coming over for Spa in the event they take up their Le Mans entry and can pull together the budget to measure up the European opposition.
No need for that, the main opposition will be at Sebring!
Old 23 Nov 2005, 16:28 (Ref:1468460)   #162
russ250575
Racer

England
England,Milton Keynes
russ250575 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen
You could have spared us some confusion by making this clear from the get go. In post 148 you also said "the Zytek will be Hybrid and there will be two of them." That leads us to think that you're talking about the Factory team. Simply stating that there will be a Factory Zytek hybrid and a Team Jota hybrid would have shortened this discussion considerably.

Are Jota definatly sticking with the Zytec ? Ive seen on another website they may have a new LMP1 car ?
Old 23 Nov 2005, 16:35 (Ref:1468464)   #163
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
No need for that, the main opposition will be at Sebring!
Absolutely re the Audis, but I seem to remember some speculation that a hybrid might still be slightly quicker in 06 and is the class hybrid of the field (the Pescarolo) likely to make the trip to Florida?
Old 23 Nov 2005, 16:43 (Ref:1468472)   #164
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Absolutely re the Audis, but I seem to remember some speculation that a hybrid might still be slightly quicker in 06 and is the class hybrid of the field (the Pescarolo) likely to make the trip to Florida?
Compare the pace of a hybrid Courage P2 to a new Lola or Porsche.

Significant performance advantage for the new cars.
Old 23 Nov 2005, 16:46 (Ref:1468477)   #165
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Wish I could share your optimism.

Let's look at some of the numbers
1 x Pescarolo
1 x Zytek
1 x Jota
1 x Lister
1 x Creation
2 x Audi
1 x Lavaggi
1 x Courage
2 x Lola (any advance on whose this might be?)
1 x RfH

This give us 12 total. Are all of them going to do a full season? Okay you can probably add the occasionaly fellow traveller such as the Jim Gainer Dome Hybrid, possible second hand entrants (e.g. the works Courage C60H in private/loaned hands), possible second cars (Creation and Jota's periodically mooted entries) and visitors from ALMS, but to my eyes if we consistently make double figures in LMP1 I'll be happy enough.

All that said, nothing would make me happier than to be proved wrong on this...
I'd expect some of the loyal Courage P2 teams to take an interest in the new Courage P1, seeing as the C65 is not really on the pace of the Lola.

Possibly Belmondo?

There is an unnamed 2 car P1 team coming to the LMS, maybe they are the Lola team?
Old 23 Nov 2005, 17:09 (Ref:1468551)   #166
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Are Jota definatly sticking with the Zytec ? Ive seen on another website they may have a new LMP1 car ?
There has been no official press release from the team. However, 'mgrs' is either very well informed (from the inside) or an outrageous fantasist.

Personally, I'm convinced and would suggest the former, but you decide.........
Old 23 Nov 2005, 17:11 (Ref:1468554)   #167
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
There is an unnamed 2 car P1 team coming to the LMS, maybe they are the Lola team?
I'd assumed that was the Wiet Huidekoper project (with a lid on each car, please).........
Old 23 Nov 2005, 17:18 (Ref:1468565)   #168
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
I'd expect some of the loyal Courage P2 teams to take an interest in the new Courage P1, seeing as the C65 is not really on the pace of the Lola.
The Courage LMP1 is?
Old 23 Nov 2005, 17:20 (Ref:1468567)   #169
JAG
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
The Courage LMP1 is?
Not the C60H, but the L70 (or whatever its called) should be.
Old 23 Nov 2005, 18:18 (Ref:1468610)   #170
tblincoe
Veteran

tblincoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen

Sorry, should have broken that sentence up. Petit offers the auto-invites and Sebring is a proving ground to the ACO for teams that are "on the bubble" for getting bids to Le Mans (although some of the developments last year, most significantly Team LNT not getting an invite, make this a little less sure).
Old 24 Nov 2005, 16:21 (Ref:1469415)   #171
JAG
Veteran

England
One C6.R is destined for the LMS with Luc Alphand.

Does that mean there is now only one C6.R up for grabs?
Old 24 Nov 2005, 16:23 (Ref:1469416)   #172
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
One C6.R is destined for the LMS with Luc Alphand.

Does that mean there is now only one C6.R up for grabs?
It's not clear if it will be a C5R or C6R.
Old 24 Nov 2005, 16:42 (Ref:1469428)   #173
I love 04s
Racer

United Kingdom
I love 04s has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG

Possibly Belmondo?

Zytek will not make just one hybrid.........i think it is more likely we will see two..........drivers should be interesting..........
Old 24 Nov 2005, 17:40 (Ref:1469467)   #174
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
DSC has an update on Zytek's plans for 2006. And, as mgrs so rightly said in his posts, the car will be made into a hybrid and remain with (and be raced by) the factory (+Arena).

One point of particular interest: the 4 litre engine produced lap times 3 seconds quicker than the 3.4 in testing at Istanbul!
Old 24 Nov 2005, 18:04 (Ref:1469491)   #175
JAG
Veteran

England
Even with the extra ballast required for the LMP1 hybrid, that would still be pretty quick, partuculalrly as the new car will have fresh suspension etc.