Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 3 Dec 2008, 17:47 (Ref:2346560)   #151
Eric Falce
Veteran

United Kingdom
Orpington Kent
Eric Falce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman
And if you are already doing that??? Not to mention sleeping in the car. All this talk about long distanses assumes every one lives down south or the Midlands, some live close to places like Croft. For my money I will have to think hard on Croft again as I was not over impresed with what was on offer.
I agree with you Al,I ended up sleeping in my car at Snetterton this year,wont be doing that again,might get caught by Mr Barr with his new breathy thing.In fact I may not be able to afford to sleep in my car again if all the doom and gloom plus bloody old BMW driver spoil sports get there way,police breathalyzer machines indeed,no red wine for you Mr Barr.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 3 Dec 2008, 17:48 (Ref:2346561)   #152
XJS18
Rookie

England
essex
XJS18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I always argue why stop at a double header why not do 4 races in a weekend and get the whole troublesome afair over in three sessions.
Hi Al, I am never quite sure whether I prefer double headers or not. Its just fine if the sun is shining, the car doesent explode on day one, and theres a good pub down the road.

If things go pear shaped and youve paid a large entry fee you will of course feel a bit miffed. With TTRS entry fees you will not pay much more for a double header than most pay for a single race
Old 3 Dec 2008, 18:10 (Ref:2346585)   #153
bdwoody
Veteran

United Kingdom
redbridge southampton
bdwoody should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Falce
I agree with you Al,I ended up sleeping in my car at Snetterton this year,wont be doing that again,might get caught by Mr Barr with his new breathy thing.In fact I may not be able to afford to sleep in my car again if all the doom and gloom plus bloody old BMW driver spoil sports get there way,police breathalyzer machines indeed,no red wine for you Mr Barr.

eric what is this of which you speak my man???
Old 3 Dec 2008, 18:11 (Ref:2346586)   #154
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97
Facts please. £ per minute track time with the CSCC own series is almost certainly one of the cheapest in the UK. I can't comment particularly on guest series costs.
We've been round and round on this one before and I can't be arsed to go through it all again. I did say I wasn't talking about the own series, I was talking about the invites which at one point appeared to be subsidising the CSCC own series, I'm not sure if they still do as I try to avoid the CSCC if I can.
Old 3 Dec 2008, 19:00 (Ref:2346620)   #155
Eric Falce
Veteran

United Kingdom
Orpington Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdwoody
eric what is this of which you speak my man???
I think your comments Graham,as said in this months Brief Torque that the forces that be will now instigate breathalysers at race meetings to stamp out the drink drive brigade? What drink dive brigade,sorry,going to far off thread,maybe some one should start a 'Do we need stonger policing in motor racing' thread.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 5 Dec 2008, 08:21 (Ref:2347870)   #156
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Well if Honda can't afford it what hope for the rest of us, this is beginning to look very dire I can see many empty grids and cancelled races next year.

I just checked my 'High interest' account with HBOS and before the latest cut they were paying me a paltry 2.66% interest so now no doubt that will be 1.66%, sod saving and old Prudences's encouragements to do so I may just as well pay off a loan I have which I am paying off at 7.66% and they have the cheek to only pass on .25% of the rate cut off my mortgage. This country is going down the pan fast and the rats are already leaving the sinking ship in droves, why I hav'nt seen a Hand Car Wash waller in for signs for months and they were in several times a week.

Never mind this has happened many times before and the rest of us real Brits will no doubt hang on and try to pick up the pieces and keep the NHS etc. going till its safe for them all to come back and pilliage this country yet again, when will we ever learn the lesson.
Old 5 Dec 2008, 09:39 (Ref:2347917)   #157
Robert Morris
Veteran

United Kingdom
heathfield
Robert Morris has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Perhaps Honda f1 closing might be the new car not up to scratch
Old 5 Dec 2008, 09:43 (Ref:2347921)   #158
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's undoubtedly linked, but the fact that the Swindon factory is on 2 months closedown won't help either....our local Honda dealer went bust last month.
Old 5 Dec 2008, 13:24 (Ref:2348135)   #159
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Falce
maybe some one should start a 'Do we need stronger policing in motor racing' thread.
Or maybe someone shouldn't, as a lot of the racing hierarchy read these forums lets not start putting more thoughts into their heads.
Old 6 Dec 2008, 07:40 (Ref:2348645)   #160
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I can see it now. Police MGA's chasing down the historic racers during a ten lapper because someone six miles away thinks they're too loud.

But on that subject. Those home owners who were complaining of the noise at circuits may not be a problem anymore if they've been repossessed.
Old 7 Dec 2008, 14:09 (Ref:2349568)   #161
snett fan55
Rookie

United Kingdom
near Norwich
snett fan55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
CRACKING thread,
never thought I would hear the sunday market being described as an advantage to our snetterton circuit,nor the comment about home reposessions maybe deleting some of the "nimbys",but all good food for thought.Main thing is,as I see it ,we find ways of continuing in motorsport,NOT talk ourselves into total,abject despair.BTW,Jp has put a hold on changes to Snetterton due to current financial situation.Little surprise there, then.
Regards to all,
Snett fan55
Old 7 Dec 2008, 14:37 (Ref:2349587)   #162
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
My wife and her mate always go to any Snett meetings that I'm at so she can spend her hard earned cash in the market. One year the guys on the gate felt sorry for her and brought her back to the pits with all her "junk"
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 7 Dec 2008, 15:43 (Ref:2349612)   #163
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
BTW,Jp has put a hold on changes to Snetterton due to current financial situation.
thats a shame.
Old 7 Dec 2008, 16:55 (Ref:2349651)   #164
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
West Kingsdown (near Brands Hatch)
Rod Birley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But the good news is there is only a very small increase in circuit hire charges on MSV circuits next year.
Old 7 Dec 2008, 19:20 (Ref:2349747)   #165
jerryk
Racer

United Kingdom
jerryk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Well if Honda can't afford it what hope for the rest of us, this is beginning to look very dire I can see many empty grids and cancelled races next year.

I just checked my 'High interest' account with HBOS and before the latest cut they were paying me a paltry 2.66% interest so now no doubt that will be 1.66%, sod saving and old Prudences's encouragements to do so I may just as well pay off a loan I have which I am paying off at 7.66% and they have the cheek to only pass on .25% of the rate cut off my mortgage. This country is going down the pan fast and the rats are already leaving the sinking ship in droves, why I hav'nt seen a Hand Car Wash waller in for signs for months and they were in several times a week
I expect its the being so miserable that keeps you happy ! unlike Honda I pay for it all out of my own pocket + my operation doesnt cost millions each year. if your money is in the bank its secure unlike stocks and shares where capital has reduced.
Eric what is an old git like you doing sleeping in a car , you could have slept in one of my lockers.
Old 7 Dec 2008, 19:31 (Ref:2349757)   #166
Eric Falce
Veteran

United Kingdom
Orpington Kent
Quote:
Eric what is an old git like you doing sleeping in a car , you could have slept in one of my lockers.
Twas that Graham Richardson and George Newton devised a cunning plan to nobel me. All I've got to say is I am glad that Graham Bahr wasnt running around the paddock early next morning, plus I did have a hotel booked but someone hid it.

Last edited by Tim Falce; 7 Dec 2008 at 19:47.
Old 7 Dec 2008, 19:57 (Ref:2349774)   #167
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
Arise Sir Eric, or did you mean knobble.
Old 7 Dec 2008, 20:02 (Ref:2349782)   #168
Eric Falce
Veteran

United Kingdom
Orpington Kent
I did metal work at school,to quote someone.
Old 7 Dec 2008, 20:04 (Ref:2349785)   #169
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm sure he meant the Nobel **** prize.
Old 7 Dec 2008, 20:14 (Ref:2349791)   #170
XJS18
Rookie

England
essex
Quote:
Originally Posted by snett fan55
CRACKING thread,
we find ways of continuing in motorsport,NOT talk ourselves into total,abject despair. Snett fan55
Its a thin line I suppose, but I think it is important for us to face the reality that a record number of drivers are not going to be able to afford to race next season.

There are clearly a number of ways that circuits, clubs and drivers can cut costs, it just depends on whether theyre willing to do it.

I suppose that they could be taking the view that there will be a downturn in races and meetings next year, and that the ones that can still afford to race can afford to pay more! I think that would be a very short sighted view for the long term future of the sport.

Unfortunately most of the drivers in the club that I was involved in would simply go somewhere else or just stop racing altogether if they couldn't live with the clubs policy or direction. My view is that if you think something is wrong, you should try and change it. Raising charges at all next season is pure folly! If we (drivers) could be bothered I beleive we could make them see sense!
Old 7 Dec 2008, 20:34 (Ref:2349799)   #171
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
XJS18, be certain that "They" will be reading this and other threads on Tenths but whether they can or will take notice is another matter.
Old 8 Dec 2008, 00:38 (Ref:2349956)   #172
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Quote:
I expect its the being so miserable that keeps you happy !
Post back in a few months and see if you are still so bright and chirpy unless you are a civil servant or in some guaranteed employment no matter what happens type job.
Old 8 Dec 2008, 08:31 (Ref:2350080)   #173
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
So what happens in the case where the club (albeit a regional one) is run by volunteers, but it's local circuit has a big price rise. This is the difficult decision it now faces. Either put up entry fees or stop going to that venue.
Old 8 Dec 2008, 08:48 (Ref:2350087)   #174
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
I guess thats one of the problems with putting all your eggs or most of them in the one basket Rod. If the basket breaks then thats it I suppose.
Old 8 Dec 2008, 09:02 (Ref:2350099)   #175
XJS18
Rookie

England
essex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Birley
So what happens in the case where the club (albeit a regional one) is run by volunteers, but it's local circuit has a big price rise. This is the difficult decision it now faces. Either put up entry fees or stop going to that venue.
None of the answers to this problem we all face is going to be either nice or easy to solve. I guess your members will have to decide whether they want to live with the increase or go elsewhere.

If your club (I dont know which it is) is run by volunteers, presumably they (drivers) are paying a lot less than some of the big clubs are charging, so its not as bad. TTRS for instance are putting up prices to cover the increase by circuit owners, but at the end of the day they will still probably be the cheapest series in the UK. I wouldn't think that clubs like theirs are in a strong position to put pressure onto the circuits for reductions, but the big clubs are, and IMO should!!

Dave