Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 28 Feb 2024, 00:47 (Ref:4198588)   #151
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Some more images.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_6000.JPG   IMG_6012.JPG   IMG_6015.JPG  

IMG_6017.JPG   IMG_9084.jpg   IMG_9246.jpg  

Old 3 Mar 2024, 10:41 (Ref:4199693)   #152
Kylegibson
Rookie

England
God's County
Kylegibson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone have any infomation on this? I found it going through some old DVD's I think my father took it Ken Gibson. I thought about putting in Picture Puzzles but I dont know the answers
Attached Images

Old 3 Mar 2024, 12:17 (Ref:4199710)   #153
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
An ideal place to post it, Kyle.
I will have a think about it.

I am sure the circuit is Aintree, the start/finish straight with Tatts Corner in the background, the cars are far to modern for me to identify, they look like Formula Juniors, but someone will shoot me down, I'm sure. I would think the date would be mid to late 60's.
I make these guesses, as they are sure to prompt the Clever Dicks to put me right.

Over to you EB, RBS, et al.

Last edited by bauble; 3 Mar 2024 at 12:38. Reason: Addition
Old 3 Mar 2024, 12:43 (Ref:4199714)   #154
bauble
Veteran

England
Some proper cars;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1313.JPG   IMG_1622.JPG   IMG_1315.JPG  

IMG_5858.JPG   IMG_5859.JPG   IMG_5860.JPG  

Old 3 Mar 2024, 12:46 (Ref:4199716)   #155
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylegibson View Post
Does anyone have any infomation on this? I found it going through some old DVD's I think my father took it Ken Gibson. I thought about putting in Picture Puzzles but I dont know the answers
According to The Fastlane Co.UK the numbers correspond to the XVI BARC 200 held at Aintree on the 22nd April 1961. An early race for 1500 cc Grand Prix cars, the cars and drivers are 28 Peter Proctor in a Lotus 16 (an ex Formula 2 car), 20 Trevor Taylor in a works Lotus 18 and 15 is Masten Gregory in a Camoradi Cooper T53. Their finishing positions were Gregory 5th, Taylor 19th and last and Proctor retired after 11 laps with ignition problems.
Old 3 Mar 2024, 12:46 (Ref:4199717)   #156
bauble
Veteran

England
Some more proper racing cars;
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5854.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	3.88 MB
ID:	79462

Name:	IMG_5867.JPG
Size:	5.39 MB
ID:	79463

Name:	IMG_5868.JPG
Size:	3.69 MB
ID:	79464

Name:	IMG_6322.JPG
Size:	4.65 MB
ID:	79465

Name:	IMG_6380.JPG
Size:	4.80 MB
ID:	79466

Name:	IMG_6382.jpg
Size:	2.01 MB
ID:	79467
Old 3 Mar 2024, 12:50 (Ref:4199718)   #157
bauble
Veteran

England
And these are pretty good too;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_6359.jpg   IMG_6391.JPG   IMG_6413.jpg  

IMG_6442.JPG   IMG_6417.JPG   IMG_6441.JPG  

Old 3 Mar 2024, 13:17 (Ref:4199723)   #158
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCCheddaris View Post
According to The Fastlane Co.UK the numbers correspond to the XVI BARC 200 held at Aintree on the 22nd April 1961. An early race for 1500 cc Grand Prix cars, the cars and drivers are 28 Peter Proctor in a Lotus 16 (an ex Formula 2 car), 20 Trevor Taylor in a works Lotus 18 and 15 is Masten Gregory in a Camoradi Cooper T53. Their finishing positions were Gregory 5th, Taylor 19th and last and Proctor retired after 11 laps with ignition problems.
Or is it Peter Procter ? I have a feeling it may be Procter but elsewhere it is spelt Proctor.
Old 3 Mar 2024, 13:35 (Ref:4199726)   #159
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Or is it Peter Procter ? I have a feeling it may be Procter but elsewhere it is spelt Proctor.
It is definitely Peter ProctEr.

Actually I am very surprised Bauble did not recognise him, Peter being a former Cycling Champion. He fell out with officialdom when overlooked by the Olympic selectors in the fifties. He walked away from bikes and took up cars instead.

Also a Rally driver.

His racing career ended with a terrible saloon car accident (maybe an Anglia?) at Goodwood in 1966 in which he was dreadfully burned. He was also famous for exploits in a Sunbeam Tiger. He was a Le Mans regular.

He, after recovering from his burns took part in advertising the benefits of fireproof clothing for drivers.

Edit: In fact I found a picture of the advertisement I recalled. (for Les Leston.)

2nd edit a very good bio from 500race.org tells his story and career.
https://500race.org/people/peter-procter/

Last edited by E.B; 3 Mar 2024 at 13:53.
Old 3 Mar 2024, 14:27 (Ref:4199731)   #160
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Told you!
Old 3 Mar 2024, 15:16 (Ref:4199735)   #161
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Told you!
Sorry Bauble I couldn't resist it.
Old 3 Mar 2024, 15:28 (Ref:4199736)   #162
Kylegibson
Rookie

England
God's County
Kylegibson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

OK I have found another copy of the photo and it has "Crossl_Bro_Proc" as a ref
Old 3 Mar 2024, 16:04 (Ref:4199738)   #163
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Sorry Bauble I couldn't resist it.
I knew the opportunity to outsmart Bauble would be too much to resist.
Old 6 Mar 2024, 15:52 (Ref:4200237)   #164
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Take a dull day and a red car, then apply some photoshop: Lanky should appreciate this one.
Attached Thumbnails
VSCC POM2024_02_17 (825).jpg  
Old 6 Mar 2024, 18:21 (Ref:4200247)   #165
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
105 Series… Owned several but if I had to retain one, I'd go for our 2 liter Bertone of the 24 Heures de Spa (#45) think it was Mille Neuf Cent Septante Six, finishing 15 th overall and second in class. Happy days for sure!
Old 10 Mar 2024, 12:07 (Ref:4200696)   #166
bauble
Veteran

England
Its been a while, so;
Attached Thumbnails
_MG_0004.JPG   _MG_0013.JPG   _MG_0124.JPG  

_MG_0147 (2).JPG   _MG_0156.JPG   _MG_0168.JPG  

Old 10 Mar 2024, 12:10 (Ref:4200697)   #167
bauble
Veteran

England
And, so;
Attached Thumbnails
_MG_0145.JPG   _MG_0161.JPG   _MG_0184.JPG  

a_MG_0004.jpg   c_MG_0007.JPG   b_MG_0006.JPG  

Old 10 Mar 2024, 12:13 (Ref:4200698)   #168
bauble
Veteran

England
There you go;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_6656.JPG   IMG_6657.JPG   IMG_6673.JPG  

IMG_6660.JPG   IMG_6696.JPG   IMG_6690.JPG  

Old 26 Mar 2024, 19:51 (Ref:4202917)   #169
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Thought I would post some photos from Delta camp.Click image for larger version

Name:	My first drive in a Mallock..jpg
Views:	8
Size:	126.6 KB
ID:	79680
Attached Thumbnails
Dr Bob Class win Brands Hatch this last weekend.jpg  
Old 26 Mar 2024, 19:52 (Ref:4202918)   #170
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Another from Delta HQ today. MG David starting Arnott 500.jpg (222.4 KB)
Attached Thumbnails
MG David starting Arnott 500.jpg  
Old 26 Mar 2024, 19:53 (Ref:4202919)   #171
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Dr Bob class win at Equipe this weekend at Brands. Good start to 2024.
Old 27 Mar 2024, 01:53 (Ref:4202941)   #172
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Brilliant start to the 2024 "Euro" campaign and just rewards following a hideous Phillip Island a couple of weekends prior.
Well done Dr Bob. Very happy for you.

Nice pic of the Mallock too Iain. (and 500/MGD )
Old 27 Mar 2024, 12:52 (Ref:4202980)   #173
drbob
Racer

drbob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Thought I would post some photos from Delta camp.Attachment 79680
Yes EB rightly called. Thats not me. Tap on the attachment to delta’s post to see the Marcos
Old 27 Mar 2024, 14:13 (Ref:4202994)   #174
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Hadn't visited for a while - so thanks to Peter for post #164 and to Bauble for including our car in post #167 - sadly it isn't me driving - I have black gloves, my mate has the red ones!
Old 27 Mar 2024, 15:03 (Ref:4203002)   #175
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Class fastest lap as well as the class win on Sunday.

Biggest class of the field too.

Results Sunday https://msvstatic.blob.core.windows....sification.pdf

Saturday seems to have been a transponder problem....