Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 8 Jun 2014, 22:32 (Ref:3417208)   #151
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
Already at Le Mans, my heart bleeds for you!
Old 9 Jun 2014, 07:57 (Ref:3417361)   #152
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Rain radar: http://www.meteox.com/forecastloop.a...ntinent=europa
Old 9 Jun 2014, 08:02 (Ref:3417369)   #153
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Thanks deggis. Really useful. Looks like we shouldn't have any problems getting the tent pegs in after tonight's downpour.
Old 9 Jun 2014, 08:14 (Ref:3417381)   #154
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Thanks deggis. Really useful. Looks like we shouldn't have any problems getting the tent pegs in after tonight's downpour.
Today thunderstorm with hailstones would be expected (meteofrence forecast)
Old 9 Jun 2014, 08:24 (Ref:3417387)   #155
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Fear not, I have bought a new coat.

We are guaranteed* Good Weather!

* - Not Legally Binding.
Old 9 Jun 2014, 09:26 (Ref:3417406)   #156
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
Fear not, I have bought a new coat.

We are guaranteed* Good Weather!

* - Not Legally Binding.
i am taking an umbrella based on the same principal
Old 9 Jun 2014, 10:57 (Ref:3417449)   #157
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile View Post
Today thunderstorm with hailstones would be expected (meteofrence forecast)
Had that thunderstorm in Antwerp tonight with devastating results.... Glad that all damage I suffered was my garbage-bin....

Old 9 Jun 2014, 12:12 (Ref:3417486)   #158
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
blimey just think what that would be like if you are in the tent trying to sleep
Old 9 Jun 2014, 13:40 (Ref:3417543)   #159
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Greetings all from LM it is f......g hot here. But I'm not complai ing, this is what I asked for. Be sure to pack shorts and tshirts.
Old 9 Jun 2014, 13:58 (Ref:3417552)   #160
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
So my old hat will go out in a blaze of glory, as i doubt it will be coming back as it is beginning to look battered
Old 9 Jun 2014, 20:21 (Ref:3417795)   #161
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Had heavy rain this evening but still very hot and humid.....
Old 9 Jun 2014, 20:35 (Ref:3417799)   #162
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Went to an amusement park in Belgium today where we were hit by a big storm resulting in a massive power shortfall in the park.
After half an hour everything was over and the weather turned good again.
Not a thing I would want to have the coming week in Le Mans...
Old 9 Jun 2014, 21:22 (Ref:3417830)   #163
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Had that thunderstorm in Antwerp tonight with devastating results.... Glad that all damage I suffered was my garbage-bin....

Sorry for you Vince but it was still a mistake from the french forecats. Nothing special in Le Mans. Only some R... in the evening . Nothing else. All the week looks sunny and warm not hot
Old 9 Jun 2014, 21:35 (Ref:3417840)   #164
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
That sounds perfect Eric. just what we ordered
Old 9 Jun 2014, 23:54 (Ref:3417901)   #165
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile View Post
Sorry for you Vince but it was still a mistake from the french forecats. Nothing special in Le Mans. Only some R... in the evening . Nothing else. All the week looks sunny and warm not hot
A mistake ? Tonight, we haven't seen such a big thunderstorm for ages here near Blois. The storms corridor have missed Le Mans fortunately.
Old 10 Jun 2014, 09:58 (Ref:3418047)   #166
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
That sounds perfect Eric. just what we ordered
'We'????
Old 12 Jun 2014, 07:22 (Ref:3419083)   #167
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Thursday - Absolutely glorious morning here on the outskirts. Nice cooling breeze too. Perfect.

Last edited by Aysedasi; 13 Jun 2014 at 07:45.
Old 13 Jun 2014, 07:46 (Ref:3419788)   #168
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Friday - Absolutely glorious morning here on the outskirts. Nice cooling breeze too. Perfect.

Old 16 Jun 2014, 07:36 (Ref:3422410)   #169
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well can not complain about the weather, best it has been for many years
Old 16 Jun 2014, 19:22 (Ref:3422725)   #170
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Excellent weather this year, other than the brief exception on Saturday evening.

Sadly the wind during the mini-storm blew our gazebo over and put a big scratch on my car door.
Old 17 Jun 2014, 20:03 (Ref:3423209)   #171
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Warmest night I can remember, the first time I've been through the entireiry with just a hoodie, t-shirt and jeans to get through. Although I did start to shiver at 5am.
Old 18 Jun 2014, 10:15 (Ref:3423356)   #172
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by wewantourdarbyback View Post
Warmest night I can remember, the first time I've been through the entireiry with just a hoodie, t-shirt and jeans to get through. Although I did start to shiver at 5am.
Blimey! For me, it was as cold, perhaps even colder than the coldest night I've ever experienced at Le Mans in 2011. Maybe it was just freezing out the back of the circuit somehow? I didn't help myself at all by not taking my warmest gear with me, but James and Tony were frozen as well, and Tony was fully layered-up! We'd taken some folding chairs to both Arnage and Mulsanne with us, and all three of us had to keep getting up to walk around to get our circulation going again..... Perhaps you youngsters just don't feel the cold like us old'uns.....
Old 18 Jun 2014, 10:18 (Ref:3423357)   #173
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Blimey! For me, it was as cold, perhaps even colder than the coldest night I've ever experienced at Le Mans in 2011. Maybe it was just freezing out the back of the circuit somehow? I didn't help myself at all by not taking my warmest gear with me, but James and Tony were frozen as well, and Tony was fully layered-up!
I think consensus is it was cold. By about 0230 I was very pleased to clamber under bedding and watch tent billow about in the wind - yes namby pamby in not being completely-nails-and-watch-every-minute, but comfortable and welcome at the time.
Old 18 Jun 2014, 10:19 (Ref:3423359)   #174
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
It was a little cold but not that bad, still had shorts on and put a light jacket over my t shirt, Got up about 4.00am and returned to the tent about 6.30
Old 18 Jun 2014, 10:23 (Ref:3423360)   #175
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
It was probably at it's coldest between 3 am and 5 am.....