Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 24 Mar 2010, 21:41 (Ref:2659452)   #151
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour View Post
Were will UB40 perform?
The stage will be near the Dunlop Bridge, same place it's been for the last few years.
Old 24 Mar 2010, 22:23 (Ref:2659494)   #152
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
The stage will be near the Dunlop Bridge, same place it's been for the last few years.

Yep, just to the left of the Benefit Office.......
Old 25 Mar 2010, 11:14 (Ref:2659748)   #153
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
Provisional Schedule 2010

http://www.lemans.org/files/reglemen...10.pdf#zoom=78
Old 25 Mar 2010, 11:23 (Ref:2659751)   #154
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
I was surprised to see "GP ELEC" as one of the support races and was intrigued.

www.gp-elec.com has the details - it's different, but let's hope this never becomes the norm at LM!
Old 25 Mar 2010, 18:10 (Ref:2659978)   #155
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Why am I sensing a struggle to get excited about this.......?
Old 25 Mar 2010, 21:20 (Ref:2660092)   #156
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ginetta Q10, Peugeot 908HY & Porsche 911 hybrid or STFU.
Old 26 Mar 2010, 06:30 (Ref:2660240)   #157
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Personally, I can't wait to, er, hear these cars go by...
Old 27 Mar 2010, 11:43 (Ref:2660980)   #158
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

Don't you worry,it's only a passing hype. The amount of batteries needed to do a full on 24hr race is nothing short of hillarious.
I reccon the grandstands'll be very empty and the food and drink stands very bussy during the ehr, race of these hoovers...
Old 27 Mar 2010, 12:50 (Ref:2661010)   #159
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I just can't believe that the ACO really think hundreds of thousands of sportscar fans will be interested in this....
Old 27 Mar 2010, 16:49 (Ref:2661089)   #160
Subaru_WRX_STi
Veteran

Tunisia
Ariana, Tunisia
Subaru_WRX_STi has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
just a question about AF Corse, why they are so strong everywhere, and coming to Le Mans they seems every year "weak" and can't fight for GT2 ?
Old 27 Mar 2010, 17:14 (Ref:2661095)   #161
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
it's all about who pays for the "trip" .. if they can keep Bruni or not

Ciao Marco
Old 27 Mar 2010, 17:40 (Ref:2661111)   #162
Subaru_WRX_STi
Veteran

Tunisia
Ariana, Tunisia
Subaru_WRX_STi has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
and it seems that Ferrari only help Risi Comp at LM, the best drivers for them (Melo, Salo, Bruni...)
Old 28 Mar 2010, 09:01 (Ref:2661538)   #163
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I just can't believe that the ACO really think hundreds of thousands of sportscar fans will be interested in this....

I doubt they do, but when your asking local govenment for money or permissions then being able to point to something like this will ease the wheels. It will also generate PR away from the track.
Old 28 Mar 2010, 10:51 (Ref:2661642)   #164
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
C'est la vie, I guess - literally!
Old 28 Mar 2010, 14:53 (Ref:2661780)   #165
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
C'est la vie, I guess - literally!
More C'est lavvy I think
Old 29 Mar 2010, 11:02 (Ref:2662568)   #166
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
You need a few breaks in the non stop action of the warm up to do the more important things like the ten-tenths meet, drinking, eating and that all important loo break. and as the others have said keeping the enviro lobby happy is now an important concideration.
Old 31 Mar 2010, 21:45 (Ref:2664477)   #167
serrity
Rookie

Ireland
London
serrity should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Heading to Le Mans for the second time this year, was there before in 2003, but wasn't doing the driving.

Two questions:

1) I'm arriving on Wednesday (actually Tuesday but will just be going straight to my hotel in Alencon then). Plan to go to all practice/qual sessions, Classic and race (duh!). What is my best parking strategy? Buy tickets in advance? Any particular car park to aim for? I would like the ability to leave and go to Arnage/Mulsanne when I feel like it, too.

2) Is there much availability of free wi-fi in and around the track?
Old 31 Mar 2010, 23:30 (Ref:2664528)   #168
Karl Kling
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
Karl Kling should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I saw this in the LM video thread the other day and i realized how much i miss Le Mans! It's been six years since last time, i can't believe how time flies. I'm therefore planning on a return this summer. I'm not sure if i'll be going by car or plane and train yet or even if I'm gonna have to go there alone or with friends yet but at least i'm pretty sure i'll be there somehow.
Old 1 Apr 2010, 07:16 (Ref:2664614)   #169
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by serrity View Post
Heading to Le Mans for the second time this year, was there before in 2003, but wasn't doing the driving.

Two questions:

1) I'm arriving on Wednesday (actually Tuesday but will just be going straight to my hotel in Alencon then). Plan to go to all practice/qual sessions, Classic and race (duh!). What is my best parking strategy? Buy tickets in advance? Any particular car park to aim for? I would like the ability to leave and go to Arnage/Mulsanne when I feel like it, too.

2) Is there much availability of free wi-fi in and around the track?
There are Wi Fi hot spots around so no problem with that, with parking I would suggest rouge or vert that way you can circle around Le mans and park. If you intend to drive to the other viewing area's you now need an additional parking ticket for Mulsanne and arnarge, these like the main car patking tickets are still available from either the ACO or the tourist office in Le Mans.
Old 1 Apr 2010, 11:55 (Ref:2664768)   #170
serrity
Rookie

Ireland
London
serrity should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
If you intend to drive to the other viewing area's you now need an additional parking ticket for Mulsanne and arnarge, these like the main car patking tickets are still available from either the ACO or the tourist office in Le Mans.
They won't be available at the track will they?
Old 1 Apr 2010, 12:26 (Ref:2664780)   #171
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
I think you need to order them in advance, but although arnarge is more difficult, you can park in Mulsanne and walk to the viewing area. however for the euro 8 charge it is perhaps better to get a ticket.
Old 1 Apr 2010, 12:37 (Ref:2664792)   #172
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i'm doing my "job" well . one extra romanian this year

Ciao Marco
Old 1 Apr 2010, 14:29 (Ref:2664836)   #173
Le Vieux
Veteran

Quote:

Car Park tickets for Arnage/Indianapolis can be bought at the gate.
Old 1 Apr 2010, 15:14 (Ref:2664874)   #174
Reinhold
Rookie

Reinhold should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has anybody of you an idea how to use the shuttle bus. ( Start/Finish, Arnage, Moulsanne )
I would like to know at what time it will go? ( Frequence )
Where can I enter the bus at the Start/Finisch area ?
Is the ride included in the ticket general for 65 € ?

Thank you for any tips !!!
Old 1 Apr 2010, 16:52 (Ref:2664958)   #175
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
From memory the shuttle bus "Le Shuttle" runs frequently from the Porsche Curves, Main entrance and other places but is very dependant on traffic conditions, as you can imagine that can be very busy at times. I heard one chap took over 5 hours to get back from Mulsanne and missed the end of the race!

ETA its free iirc.