Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 17 Sep 2009, 22:17 (Ref:2543104)   #151
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just speculating here:

- Who is figurehead of US F1?
Peter Windsor

- What nationality is Lopez?
Argentinean

- What link does Windsor have to Argentina?

Coincidence?
Old 17 Sep 2009, 23:14 (Ref:2543137)   #152
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was Windsor Lole manager or did he just work with him at Williams? I know he was big mates with Nige, maybe one of the Mansell boys might get a look in somewhere? Although I have to say just because I suggest it I dont actually condone it.
Old 17 Sep 2009, 23:37 (Ref:2543141)   #153
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I gather Windsor and Carlos were close at Williams. Close enough for Peter to get the nickname "Mrs Reutemann"

Puts Briatore's accusations about Piquet's private life in the shade...
Old 18 Sep 2009, 00:14 (Ref:2543159)   #154
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
I gather Windsor and Carlos were close at Williams. Close enough for Peter to get the nickname "Mrs Reutemann"

Puts Briatore's accusations about Piquet's private life in the shade...

Old 18 Sep 2009, 00:54 (Ref:2543169)   #155
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Here it comes....'Gay-gate'.
Old 18 Sep 2009, 11:42 (Ref:2543350)   #156
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Reutemann is happily married, so there is no danger about that.
Old 19 Sep 2009, 02:49 (Ref:2543688)   #157
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Here it comes....'Gay-gate'.

Please no more, you are the winner!

Please contact our admin staff for your prize..
Old 19 Sep 2009, 12:13 (Ref:2543832)   #158
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
Please no more, you are the winner!..

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
Please contact our admin staff for your prize..
hmmm......I've seen this movie before.
Old 20 Sep 2009, 18:43 (Ref:2544462)   #159
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
But Lopez would have to be far more consistent if he returned to top level single seater racing than he was in those 2 years of GP2?

I always thought him talented but maybe lacked true 'mettle'?
He still has his ups and downs, but has some more consistence. You could figure that this year, at the start of May, he won three races in three consecutive weekends, despite each win was for one of the three different touring car series he's racing now.
Old 20 Sep 2009, 19:19 (Ref:2544485)   #160
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
WRT the sexual orientation of Peter Windsor ... would anyone really care if it were to be found out that he was?
Old 25 Sep 2009, 12:31 (Ref:2547964)   #161
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
Adrian Campos is in Singapore and has been talking. He says the FIA have visited and confirmed everything's on course. The drivers probably won't be named until after the end of the season, with de la Rosa top of his list for lead driver, ahead of Gene. The car is expected to run for the first time in late January. They've also been confirmed as FOTA members, along with US F1 and (I believe) Manor/Virgin. So it looks as if everything's on track and looking pretty positive

Full Q&A
Old 25 Sep 2009, 13:17 (Ref:2547977)   #162
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Manor news, see: http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport...nor.5679179.jp
Old 25 Sep 2009, 13:45 (Ref:2547993)   #163
csirl
Subscriber
Racer

csirl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by old man View Post
The proposed team name is very appropriate for a newcomer to F1

At least it will stop people referring to them as Manure F1.
Old 25 Sep 2009, 14:00 (Ref:2548001)   #164
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster View Post
Aren't most of those race wins of the reverse grid variety? And supposedly he's only won three races since 2005.
Well, for what is worth he overtook both Mr F1 driver Alguersuari and great British hope Turvey in the - impossible to overtake - Nurburgring WSR race.
Old 25 Sep 2009, 14:35 (Ref:2548018)   #165
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Mr Pink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Apparently Nic Jonsson (currently in Grand Am) is going to be the development driver for USF1. I haven't seen a proper press release but he is suposed to have presented it today at the STCC press conferance.

Didn't see that one coming..
Old 25 Sep 2009, 16:42 (Ref:2548072)   #166
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
To be brutally honest that's a bizarre choice, perhaps USF1 know something I don't. The guy almost certainly wouldn't be able to race next year, and there is plenty of talent they could have gone for.

Is Takuma Sato in contention for any seats? He's experienced and not exactly slow, wouldn't be a bad choice for a new team.
Old 25 Sep 2009, 17:13 (Ref:2548087)   #167
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Last I heard Sato was linked to drive for Andretti Green in the IRL. He wouldn't be such a bad choice for a new team. He improved dramatically (albeit under the radar) with Super Aguri, it was a shame not to have seen him follow through with a step up to a bigger team.
Old 25 Sep 2009, 17:18 (Ref:2548094)   #168
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
He certainly built up an undeserved reputation. He wasn't ineffective, he just never had the right car. If you have a bad car you've got to take more risks.
Old 25 Sep 2009, 17:59 (Ref:2548134)   #169
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
Virgin bigwig and future Manor employee Alex Tai, whilst still denying that a Manor/Virgin deal is done, says they will never be associated with a driver that has broken the rules. So that pretty much rules out every driver on the grid
Old 25 Sep 2009, 18:07 (Ref:2548137)   #170
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
I think "a driver that has broken the rules" is a euphemism for Nelsinho in that context.
Old 25 Sep 2009, 18:25 (Ref:2548152)   #171
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster View Post
He certainly built up an undeserved reputation. He wasn't ineffective, he just never had the right car. If you have a bad car you've got to take more risks.
Yeah but he blew hot and cold.... one race he could threaten Button and the next he'd be struggling to match equipment near the back. However he was more than a match for AD, a driver I rate pretty highly in terms of pace so maybe you're right!!!

I would say that he is certainly a talented 'seat of the pants' type driver but not cut out for the role of a professional F1 driver.....

He would've been great with Montoya, Rosberg and Villeneuve in the 80's though!!
Old 25 Sep 2009, 18:38 (Ref:2548161)   #172
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
So that pretty much rules out every driver on the grid
I think the word he used was "cheated" wasn't it.
Old 25 Sep 2009, 21:34 (Ref:2548306)   #173
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pink View Post
Apparently Nic Jonsson (currently in Grand Am) is going to be the development driver for USF1. I haven't seen a proper press release but he is suposed to have presented it today at the STCC press conferance.

Didn't see that one coming..
If you saw it where I saw it, I don't think it's legit.
Old 25 Sep 2009, 21:37 (Ref:2548311)   #174
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
I haven't seen it before, and it is one of those surprising ones that when the media say it's tempting to file it as bull.
Old 25 Sep 2009, 22:20 (Ref:2548336)   #175
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
I'm not sure he necessarily means it's from the media...
Closed Thread