Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 24 Dec 2011, 16:10 (Ref:3003944)   #151
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
No clashes but 1 or 2 tight transfers, Brno-> Interlagos and possibly Portimao-> China will be challenging:

March 17 - Sebring - WEC/ALMS
April 1 - Paul Ricard - ELMS
April 14 - Long Beech - ALMS
May 5 - Spa - WEC
May 12 - Laguna Seca - ALMS
May 20 - Zolder - ELMS
June 3 - Le Mans Testday
June 16/17 Le Mans 24 - WEC
July 7 - Lime Rock - ALMS
July 15 - Donington Park - ELMS
July 22 - Mosport - ALMS
August 4 - Mid Ohio - ALMS

August 18 - Road America - ALMS
August 26 - Silverstone - WEC
September 1 - Baltimore - ALMS
September 9 - Brno - ELMS
September 15 - Interlagos - WEC
TBA - TBA - ALMS
September 29 - Bahrain - WEC
October 14 - Fuji - WEC
October 20 - Petit Le Mans - ALMS
November 4 - Portimao - ELMS
November TBA - China - WEC
Old 25 Dec 2011, 01:13 (Ref:3004076)   #152
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGD View Post
Also, someone (forget who) said that JMB was looking to run a Ferrari presumably, but I have not read anything official about those plans.
That wouldnt surprise me, dont JMB have a fleet of Challenge cars?
Old 27 Dec 2011, 21:27 (Ref:3004638)   #153
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...ance-9134.html
Oasis Motorsport will enter a Ferrari F430 in the GTC class
Old 27 Dec 2011, 22:05 (Ref:3004651)   #154
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Havent heard anything about Farnbachers plans for next year, has anyone heard anything?
Old 28 Dec 2011, 01:27 (Ref:3004691)   #155
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Havent heard anything about Farnbachers plans for next year, has anyone heard anything?
I'm pretty sure they have sold their 458 and I don't think they plan on racing in ELMS next year, only GT Masters and Nurburgring 24 I presume
Old 28 Dec 2011, 05:03 (Ref:3004710)   #156
GT-Eins
Veteran

Germany
Hannover, Germany
GT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
There might be an ELMS-Programm for Farnbacher - but in a different class than in the previous years.

As for the F458 Italia I´m not sure wether this has to be ruled out also.
Old 28 Dec 2011, 07:01 (Ref:3004714)   #157
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-Eins View Post
There might be an ELMS-Programm for Farnbacher - but in a different class than in the previous years.

Wasn't there a rumor about a new tire company getting involved in LMP2? Could that be Hankook? With Farnbacher perhaps? I thought it was a WEC rumor, but who knows. I barely remember this rumor.
Old 28 Dec 2011, 16:33 (Ref:3004870)   #158
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
There might be an ELMS-Programm for Farnbacher - but in a different class than in the previous years
I reckon they have bought a HPD-03a !!!
Old 28 Dec 2011, 19:51 (Ref:3004917)   #159
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
I would assume that if that's the case it won't be the ELMS they're planning on; I think the 03a is P1 only.
Old 28 Dec 2011, 22:17 (Ref:3004947)   #160
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Im getting so confused with all these differant HPD chassis numbers .
Old 29 Dec 2011, 01:52 (Ref:3005017)   #161
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Im getting so confused with all these differant HPD chassis numbers .
Should be a 03b because that's a LMP2.
Old 29 Dec 2011, 10:13 (Ref:3005083)   #162
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
I reckon they have bought a HPD-03a !!!
Whatever alphabetized Acura they would run (hey Im confused myself) would be entertaining to watch in the hands of those young guns Simonsen and Farnbacher. And the car would look good in Hankook livery eh?
Old 3 Jan 2012, 14:42 (Ref:3006763)   #163
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Falken?
Old 3 Jan 2012, 17:03 (Ref:3006809)   #164
The Badger
Veteran

Naa , their running a new 997 .
Old 6 Jan 2012, 17:45 (Ref:3008259)   #165
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Is there a provisional entrylist knocking around anywhere for the ELMS? The only P2 entries I can think of are Greaves and Pecom.
Old 6 Jan 2012, 17:53 (Ref:3008265)   #166
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
RLR, Boutsen, RML, OAK and Baily in P2, Manthey in GTE?
Quote:
and the lack of invites
I think the top two finsihers in P2 and GTE get an invite, plus some deal for the LMPC winners.

Last edited by JAG; 6 Jan 2012 at 17:59.
Old 6 Jan 2012, 17:55 (Ref:3008268)   #167
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Is there a provisional entrylist knocking around anywhere for the ELMS? The only P2 entries I can think of are Greaves and Pecom.
I think I heard somewhere some time back that Extreme Limite AM Paris was looking to come back with the Norma. Or at least someone is planning on using the Norma. There is the Bailey rumor as well. Well, put all that together plus the few GTC rumors and I think you have the ELMS entry list at the moment! I'm sure some LMPCs and more GTCs will come out of the woodwork, but teams may not want to overcommit given the 20 car issue (it would probably help if some teams announced their programs, chicken and egg I guess) and the lack of invites.
Old 6 Jan 2012, 18:02 (Ref:3008272)   #168
AGD
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
I think the top two finsihers in P2 and GTE get an invite, plus some deal for the LMPC winners.
It's kind of odd to be quoted before my post! But, anyway, I was talking about lack of the ability to get invited/chosen in 2012. As for 2013, yes there are auto-invites, but they are conditional. I think a team has to do a full-season of racing in 2013 in order to get to use their auto-invite. Or something like that.
Old 6 Jan 2012, 18:16 (Ref:3008281)   #169
lms
Veteran

lms should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
would be good to hear what are the smaller lmp2 teams are up to - WR, Rangoni, rlr, extreme limite, rml.....
Old 6 Jan 2012, 18:19 (Ref:3008282)   #170
AGD
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lms View Post
would be good to hear what are the smaller lmp2 teams are up to - WR, Rangoni, rlr, extreme limite, rml.....
WR - angry at the ACO
Rangoni - ?
RLR - Rumored to be interested in the WEC, no decision yet AFAIK
RML - Rumored to be interested in the WEC, no decision yet AFAIK
Extreme Limite AM Paris - Rumored to be interested in the ELMS, no decision yet AFAIK
Old 6 Jan 2012, 18:20 (Ref:3008284)   #171
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Rangoni - ?
Rangoni has probably been absorbed by MIK Corse. Or at least their car has been.
Old 6 Jan 2012, 18:20 (Ref:3008285)   #172
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
It's kind of odd to be quoted before my post! But, anyway, I was talking about lack of the ability to get invited/chosen in 2012. As for 2013, yes there are auto-invites, but they are conditional. I think a team has to do a full-season of racing in 2013 in order to get to use their auto-invite. Or something like that.
Yeah that was the impression I was under, that you were tied to the series for another year. If they want to be any kind of feeder series that doesn't work really, especially when a team could just up and leave to the WEC and gain entry that way. If they won again the next season would they be required to stay again?

What about TDS - is that a team?
Old 6 Jan 2012, 18:25 (Ref:3008289)   #173
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
What about TDS - is that a team?
Yes. Plans for 2012 - ELMS and Le Mans, drivers confirmed so far - Pierre Thiriet (who also brings the main sponsorship to the team) and Mathias Beche, both kept from last year, car - same as last year (Oreca-Nissan).

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...ance-9081.html
Old 6 Jan 2012, 18:34 (Ref:3008297)   #174
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Yes. Plans for 2012 - ELMS and Le Mans, drivers confirmed so far - Pierre Thiriet (who also brings the main sponsorship to the team) and Mathias Beche, both kept from last year, car - same as last year (Oreca-Nissan).

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...ance-9081.html
Thanks Victor_RO. Good luck to them. They are one of the squads waiting nervously to see if they are granted an entry. I'd say they are worthy of one.
Old 6 Jan 2012, 18:35 (Ref:3008298)   #175
AGD
Veteran

Quote:
Yeah that was the impression I was under, that you were tied to the series for another year. If they want to be any kind of feeder series that doesn't work really, especially when a team could just up and leave to the WEC and gain entry that way. If they won again the next season would they be required to stay again?
I'm not sure. What if a team changes classes in 2013? Or if they go to the ALMS? Do they still get an auto-invite in their 2012 class? Or 2013 one? Who knows. I think we're getting ahead of ourselves when we talk about ELMS 2013. I'm not sure if they'll even get though 2012.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
They don't have an auto-invite, do they? In which case, good luck on the Le Mans goals. Boutsen did not get an entry last year in more favorable conditions and they were defending LMS FLM champions.

FWIW, it seems like Guess Racing Europ might still be around. I'm guessing the WEC would reject their entry if they tried to go down that route. Their only choice might be to enter ELMS P2 (or ALMS). Don't hold your breath waiting for that one.