Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 20 Feb 2013, 18:12 (Ref:3208025)   #151
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I'm very happy indeed with a beautiful fresh croissant and a pain au chocolat and several cups of amazing French coffee.
This.

The little Boulangerie, round the corner from Ed or whatever it is in Arnage do the best ones for miles around. Although I'll also admit that I'm partial to a bacon butty, but not a Full English.

and don't get me started on evening meals! Rillettes anyone? omnomnom! We've got a great little restaurant that we traditionally go to every year, which do an amazing spread.
Old 20 Feb 2013, 18:40 (Ref:3208032)   #152
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Well in our campsite we usually have on offer at breakfast:

Bacon, Egg, Merguez, croissant, baguettes, rillettes, fromage, Corn Flakes and fresh coffee and tea.

That way there are no arguments
Old 20 Feb 2013, 19:30 (Ref:3208045)   #153
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
Well in our campsite we usually have on offer at breakfast:

Bacon, Egg, Merguez, croissant, baguettes, rillettes, fromage, Corn Flakes and fresh coffee and tea.

That way there are no arguments
No sugar puffs?
Old 20 Feb 2013, 19:54 (Ref:3208056)   #154
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Cheers all.

The Danes aren't all bad, on one MB trip we were on one of the outer rows, near the road and ended up with a coach full of Danes opposite us - I went into full on eye rolling mode about how awful it was going to be but they were perfectly all right.

The last time we were there and it was dreadful it was Brits - I usually sleep in ear plugs anyway but ended up with ear plugs and ear defenders it was so bad. I don't expect 8 hours of sleep at LM but I do need a few hours or I become a gibbering wreck and end up with a migraine. Fingers crossed it won't be too bad.

Mal, have you got any idea of pitch numbers as yet and am I likely to know the folks around us?

Looking forward to it, it's been too long
Old 21 Feb 2013, 07:05 (Ref:3208313)   #155
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglet View Post
Cheers all.

The Danes aren't all bad, on one MB trip we were on one of the outer rows, near the road and ended up with a coach full of Danes opposite us - I went into full on eye rolling mode about how awful it was going to be but they were perfectly all right.

The last time we were there and it was dreadful it was Brits - I usually sleep in ear plugs anyway but ended up with ear plugs and ear defenders it was so bad. I don't expect 8 hours of sleep at LM but I do need a few hours or I become a gibbering wreck and end up with a migraine. Fingers crossed it won't be too bad.

Mal, have you got any idea of pitch numbers as yet and am I likely to know the folks around us?

Looking forward to it, it's been too long
If you were at the famous DFH about you will have met or seen some of us - our group provided the music for some of those parties

No idea of pitch numbers yet.
Old 21 Feb 2013, 07:27 (Ref:3208324)   #156
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
No sugar puffs?
Just the campers!
Old 21 Feb 2013, 18:40 (Ref:3208696)   #157
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Funny how people with only 1 choice always say they like what they get but if there choice included a nice bacon butty i bet the butty would get picked first
No, not really. I love a bacon sarnie, any time - but that's the point - I can have a bacon sarnie - any time. It's nice to do something different that you wouldn't necessarily do at home. Sitting out in the sun (of course!) in a local bar, drinking great coffee and munching on delicious fresh croissants from the bakery around the corner - a perfect way to start the day at Le Mans - for me.
Old 21 Feb 2013, 18:52 (Ref:3208699)   #158
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
If you were at the famous DFH about you will have met or seen some of us - our group provided the music for some of those parties

No idea of pitch numbers yet.
Yep, I remember the band, I've got some video from 2006, the year of the big stage adjacent to the track with the big DfH compound - good memories
Old 26 Feb 2013, 21:39 (Ref:3211352)   #159
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglet View Post
Yep, I remember the band, I've got some video from 2006, the year of the big stage adjacent to the track with the big DfH compound - good memories
We actually ran into them lads a couple of times at Houx annexe in the last couple of years. Still had a great laugh and a good drink with them but they gave up the entire big campsite thing. All about the time it took them to organize such a big compound and all it's extra's and loosing people to help them do it. Last time we met, they hardly visited the race, by the way...
Old 26 Feb 2013, 22:15 (Ref:3211366)   #160
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour View Post
We actually ran into them lads a couple of times at Houx annexe in the last couple of years. Still had a great laugh and a good drink with them but they gave up the entire big campsite thing. All about the time it took them to organize such a big compound and all it's extra's and loosing people to help them do it. Last time we met, they hardly visited the race, by the way...
Not quite sure who you are referring to here - but to my knowledge DFH have never stayed on Houx Annexe and the Flying Baguettes band definitely have not.

The big campsite thing changed when Maison Blanche went to marked out plots and then the recession inevitably reduced numbers and made the logistics to hard. We were all set for a 10 year anniversary gig this year but for their own reasons DFH pulled out - which is why I ended up with a number of spare camping tickets.
Old 27 Feb 2013, 20:11 (Ref:3211801)   #161
Piglet
Veteran

Quote:
Not quite sure who you are referring to here - but to my knowledge DFH have never stayed on Houx Annexe and the Flying Baguettes band definitely have not.

The big campsite thing changed when Maison Blanche went to marked out plots and then the recession inevitably reduced numbers and made the logistics to hard.
I don't think DfH have ever been on Houx Annexe - it was BSJ the first year, then MB and more recently BN - plus most of them are actually pretty big sports car fans who make the trip to Silverstone, Spa, Sebring and other places to watch events - there is a lot of partying but there's a lot of interest in the racing as well. I think there may be confusion about different groups.
Old 27 Feb 2013, 20:25 (Ref:3211811)   #162
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
We have at least two groups of dutch in TR each year, they always distance them selves from DFH but still love to drink and party but enjoy the race and we often meet up at Spa as wells as Le mans
Old 27 Feb 2013, 22:56 (Ref:3211908)   #163
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Quote:
We have at least two groups of dutch in TR each year, they always distance them selves from DFH but still love to drink and party but enjoy the race and we often meet up at Spa as wells as Le mans
Cant see why anyone would distance themselves as they are thoroughly decent people, big sportscar fans and definitely the most generous and hospitable group I have come across in nearly 30 years at LM.
Old 28 Feb 2013, 18:54 (Ref:3212366)   #164
Piglet
Veteran

Quote:
Cant see why anyone would distance themselves as they are thoroughly decent people, big sportscar fans and definitely the most generous and hospitable group I have come across in nearly 30 years at LM.
I deleted my response which was at GT6's post!
Old 8 Mar 2013, 11:16 (Ref:3215957)   #165
Richard T
Rookie

Sweden
Stockholm
Richard T should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like i will be at the Village at the Curves this year. Looks the business!
if you are there, look after the Carrera Cup-striped motorhome
Old 15 Apr 2013, 00:13 (Ref:3234295)   #166
JMW964
Rookie

Belgium
Bastogne, BEL
JMW964 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
If you still have them around Spa next year, I'll take them off you!
Hi Tim! Spa is approaching and I was wondering if you were still interrested... And anyway, I would be happy to meet the ones of you coming to Spa. I am attending the practice and the race, so we should find a moment for a beer... or more.
Old 15 Apr 2013, 08:25 (Ref:3234436)   #167
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
How many of us will be at Spa, maybe we could arrange a "little" ten tenths meeting at the track?
Old 15 Apr 2013, 10:11 (Ref:3234493)   #168
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Hopefully I will Just need to arrange a few things, and when that's sorted, I'll order my tickets and book the campsite.
I've opened a thread on this subject some while ago in the sportscar forum:
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=136535
Old 15 Apr 2013, 12:50 (Ref:3234632)   #169
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Sadly it looks like I'll be missing Spa this year. First in 5 years... Jake's working elsewhere, and 2 days with 2 races just desn't justify a 1000 mile trip, sorry!

I hope you all have a great time.
Old 2 May 2013, 07:37 (Ref:3241619)   #170
Lesec
Rookie

Lesec should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi guys,

im Matthieu from France and i would like to propose you tickets (x2) for the BLEU NORD camping for the next 24h of Le Mans 2013.

This is a numbered place for car, tent orcamper van.

For all informations about it : http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=181132821629&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

If you have any questions, you can ask me, i live in Le Mans and i know everything you need about the race !
Old 2 May 2013, 16:54 (Ref:3241810)   #171
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Lesec - what is the face value of each ticket?
Old 3 May 2013, 06:33 (Ref:3241974)   #172
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
These tickets are issued at well below the price you are advertising them, both starting and buy it now price, this is not the place to advertise them, could the moderators please delete the post,
Old 3 May 2013, 17:12 (Ref:3242235)   #173
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Unless Lesec comes back and confirms that he is prepared to let members have the tickets at face value, I will. I know that a certain amount of eBay selling references are permissible these days on Tenths, but it has always been an unwritten rule that tickets are not to be touted here. If you have tickets to sell and you want to use Tenths to assist in that, then you offer them to your fellow-members at face value.
Old 4 May 2013, 06:53 (Ref:3242495)   #174
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Unless Lesec comes back and confirms that he is prepared to let members have the tickets at face value, I will. I know that a certain amount of eBay selling references are permissible these days on Tenths, but it has always been an unwritten rule that tickets are not to be touted here. If you have tickets to sell and you want to use Tenths to assist in that, then you offer them to your fellow-members at face value.
Out of interest Ayse - when someone has bought through an agency is it reasonable to offer then at cost?
Old 4 May 2013, 07:05 (Ref:3242500)   #175
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yes. As long as you're not seeking to make a profit, that's fine by me.